Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 20th Anniversary
Clubs

Just got my 72” rack installed and looking for ideas and examples of what others have done. Not going with a RTT, so more for storage (roam), rotopax, lighting, awnings, etc. I browsed the RR website, but other companies seem to sell items that fit the RRPP.

Looking for ideas that others have done!!!

Pic for attention!

3D25E246-6924-44AB-9FD5-A6F569855FAF.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Willing&Able

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 20th Anniversary
Clubs

Buehler? Anyone? Anyone?

jgo138

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Occupation
Education
Just got my 72” rack installed and looking for ideas and examples of what others have done. Not going with a RTT, so more for storage (roam), rotopax, lighting, awnings, etc. I browsed the RR website, but other companies seem to sell items that fit the RRPP.

Looking for ideas that others have done!!!

Pic for attention!

Jeep Wrangler JL Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform Accessories 3D25E246-6924-44AB-9FD5-A6F569855FAF
I've posted a few of these pictures in different threads, but I really enjoy the RR side rails and the ARB awning. I originally had the ARB "quick release" mounts, but changed them back to standard since they are more permanent and slimmer. I also installed 2 Baja Designs lights on the corners using a simple bolt, and ran the cable up the channel on the back of the hard top. Let me know if you have any questions!
Jeep Wrangler JL Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform Accessories DJI_0450 3

Jeep Wrangler JL Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform Accessories IMG_0693 4

Jeep Wrangler JL Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform Accessories IMG_45136C46738E-1

IMG_7552 2.JPG

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I've posted a few of these pictures in different threads, but I really enjoy the RR side rails and the ARB awning. I originally had the ARB "quick release" mounts, but changed them back to standard since they are more permanent and slimmer. I also installed 2 Baja Designs lights on the corners using a simple bolt, and ran the cable up the channel on the back of the hard top. Let me know if you have any questions!
Jeep Wrangler JL Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform Accessories IMG_7552 2.JPG

What made you select the ARB awning over the batwing from Rhino Rack (or any other options)? Just curious since I’m mulling what to get.

jgo138

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Occupation
Education
What made you select the ARB awning over the batwing from Rhino Rack (or any other options)? Just curious since I’m mulling what to get.
I was in the same boat and did a lot of research on which awning to get. At the time, the batwing was my preference but the reviews on the quality of hardware- mainly the hinges- weren’t stellar. I also liked the idea of being able to add a room to the ARB easily. The other factors were the ARB’s case is weatherproof, and I believe it’s not as tall as the batwing and other 270 awnings. I had to remove it recently because the awning with the mounts I had would scrape heavily on my garage door opening after a lift/34s, etc. So my next step is looking for a mount that keeps it sitting lower, maybe flush with the rack instead of 4” above it. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Sponsored

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I was in the same boat and did a lot of research on which awning to get. At the time, the batwing was my preference but the reviews on the quality of hardware- mainly the hinges- weren’t stellar. I also liked the idea of being able to add a room to the ARB easily. The other factors were the ARB’s case is weatherproof, and I believe it’s not as tall as the batwing and other 270 awnings. I had to remove it recently because the awning with the mounts I had would scrape heavily on my garage door opening after a lift/34s, etc. So my next step is looking for a mount that keeps it sitting lower, maybe flush with the rack instead of 4” above it. Let me know if you have any more questions!
That’s really helpful - thanks! I fit in my standard heigh garage with a 2.5” lift and 37s with the platform on but I definitely plan on taking any awnings off before I park inside. Do you have a link for the exact ARB you’re using? I have a h/u on the Rhino Rack for like 35% off but that’s still a pretty penny to spend, haha.

jgo138

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Occupation
Education
That’s really helpful - thanks! I fit in my standard heigh garage with a 2.5” lift and 37s with the platform on but I definitely plan on taking any awnings off before I park inside. Do you have a link for the exact ARB you’re using? I have a h/u on the Rhino Rack for like 35% off but that’s still a pretty penny to spend, haha.
I got the 2000x2500 awning with LED strip (never used it) like this one:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...7aFIv0ZCsH2QJo6w43pR7vU-kCht68sBoCcJ8QAvD_BwE

Since I’ve bought it years ago, ARB has come out with a 2500x2500 awning in an aluminum hardshell that looks pretty nice, especially in black. But it is ~$200 more, so not sure if it’s really worth it.

FPrice

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon 4D
Here’s my rig on our Baja trip. We don’t camp down south because it’s way too hot and it’s cheap to stay on the beach with A/C. I have 2- Roam 95L boxes, Batwing awning (when the wind kicks up we use a Neso awning), extra fuel, 4”ABS pipe to hold my surf rods and max traxs, all up on the platform. My HiLift is in a HiLift bag and is strapped inside the back between the rollbar and the hardtop.
Did you know that if you go to HD/Lowes electrical department you can find the correct size nuts to slide into the pioneer platform? Look for strut spring nuts, cut the spring off and make whatever you want.

9CEBF954-3CEB-4A1F-AA2A-C3280B28F530.jpeg

A5546911-7A65-4DB4-8B2F-63AB39659887.jpeg

1BF6C612-2B45-4DA2-B570-F832A695E3F4.jpeg

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I found a Thule cargo box open box that I might pick up for trips with the dogs to hotels - any of you running those? What's an extra layer of wind resistance killing MPGs going to affect the aerodynamics of our rigs? :giggle:

Ranger1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited 2019
I went with Roam 95L boxes, with the mounts as I didn’t want to drill holes in them. Shovel and axe only go on when needed, and then RR mounts come off very quickly when I need to use the rack for hauling wood. Also lockable, so while they were more expensive than the tools combined, I know they‘ll still be there when I need them. Just ordered an Overland Pros Wraptor 6K awning with walls, though will need to add a couple of stiffener plates apparently. Should be no hassle
Jeep Wrangler JL Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform Accessories 1684251746373

IMG_0123.jpeg

Sponsored

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I went with Roam 95L boxes, with the mounts as I didn’t want to drill holes in them. Shovel and axe only go on when needed, and then RR mounts come off very quickly when I need to use the rack for hauling wood. Also lockable, so while they were more expensive than the tools combined, I know they‘ll still be there when I need them. Just ordered an Overland Pros Wraptor 6K awning with walls, though will need to add a couple of stiffener plates apparently. Should be no hassle
Jeep Wrangler JL Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform Accessories IMG_0123

Jeep Wrangler JL Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform Accessories IMG_0123
Which mounts did you use for the shovel and axe?