Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
That's good to know. I must have misread / miswatched something on it that led me to believe it was simple.
I think it’s pretty easy still, but definitely more work. Basically double as it’s now 16 bolts or 8 more vs. the original 8, but not too bad at all. There is something to be said about getting to market first as well.
Sponsored

htsai14752

First Name
HTSAI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It looks like the rhino rack backbone just comes off with those hardtop bolts.

htsai14752

First Name
HTSAI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Pro for maximus 3 is that you could still have the rack installed with top off. Not sure if the rhino rack kit could do that.
maximus-3-roof-rack-no-top-side-ladder-wrangler-jk-unlimited.jpg

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
Pro for maximus 3 is that you could still have the rack installed with top off. Not sure if the rhino rack kit could do that.
You I believe are correct about the Rhinorack not being able to do so without the hardtop. But in reality for me, I don’t think there would ever be an instance where I would want to have a roof rack on without some sort of top. At least with an exo rack I could run a soft top but not with the Maximus set up.

Obviously everyone’s needs are different. It is hard sorting through all the options but at least we have options to sort through :)

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Can you get me a pic of the front mounting brackets and how it ties in. I think that looks AWESOME!!!

Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Can you get me a pic of the front mounting brackets and how it ties in. I think that looks AWESOME!!!
from Maximus install instructions:

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 1.49.29 PM.png

N.C. Jeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Real Estate- I can help you buy or sell anywhere!
I spoke to RR today about the BackBone for the JL. Rep was more helpful than any I spoken with until this point. He said the system will be released by Spring 2019. Is still in the final testing phases. Said he was able to “sit in” on some of the testing and it’s going to be very stout. He says the only difference in removal of the hard top will be two extra screws at the front, where the “pads” meet the roll bar. So 8 factory screws and two additional and off it comes. Sounds pretty easy. Also, the rear section is going to be one piece laser cut and bent out of black stainless steel. The jk was 5 pieces bolted together. Hope this helps.

Just sucks it’s going to be a few more months.

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
I spoke to RR today about the BackBone for the JL. Rep was more helpful than any I spoken with until this point. He said the system will be released by Spring 2019. Is still in the final testing phases. Said he was able to “sit in” on some of the testing and it’s going to be very stout. He says the only difference in removal of the hard top will be two extra screws at the front, where the “pads” meet the roll bar. So 8 factory screws and two additional and off it comes. Sounds pretty easy. Also, the rear section is going to be one piece laser cut and bent out of black stainless steel. The jk was 5 pieces bolted together. Hope this helps.

Just sucks it’s going to be a few more months.
That’s good to know. Thanks

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Never been so anxious to drill holes in my hardtop. Can’t wait for this to come out.

I bought the Mopar rails and a Yakima manga warrior to get by, but that setup isn’t ideal. Gas mileage dropped to about 13-14 mpg and wind noise it terrible.

ItsUhJEEP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon

Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same question...
It would be great to be able to suspend the top from the rack, but I would ask Maximus-3 to be sure. There may need to be some reinforcement needed to ensure it won’t crack.

ItsUhJEEP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Spoke to Tyler at M3 and the hardtop should not be lifted off by the rack. Bummer:angry:

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Supposedly April. But I doubt it. I got fed up and just went with maximus-3 mounts
Sponsored