Rhino-Rack Backbone system

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Rhino-Rack has posted their Backbone system on their Australian website today.

Finally, aftermarkets starting to arrive.
Sponsored

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
$600 for the actual backbone system.. So it should be just a tad more expensive than the JK one.
Glad this arrived, I only sent a message last week inquiring when Australia would get the JL backbones and the guy had no set answer.

No I just need to decide if I want to spend a couple hundred extra for the quick-mount version...

OP
OP
Rubi D

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update on the availability.......
Ordered the RJLB1 from my local reseller on Saturday. Monday, noticed Rhino-Rack had removed the listing from their website. Tuesday, today, received a phone call from the reseller to advise Rhino is waiting on stock. ETA is 9th September.

The wait continues......

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Ordered the RJLB1 from my local reseller on Saturday. Monday, noticed Rhino-Rack had removed the listing from their website. Tuesday, today, received a phone call from the reseller to advise Rhino is waiting on stock. ETA is 9th September.

The wait continues......
Hopefully they arrive soon. I am still to get my Rubi and I don't think I will be getting a roof rack until early next year. December this year at the earliest... so for me that is okay....

Hey, where did you get your Rubi from? Was it the one at Heartland Chullora?

OP
OP
Rubi D

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully they arrive soon. I am still to get my Rubi and I don't think I will be getting a roof rack until early next year. December this year at the earliest... so for me that is okay....

Hey, where did you get your Rubi from? Was it the one at Heartland Chullora?
Yes, it was. It is a long story that started with my deposit at Heartland Castle Hill. I don't like to bag out the dealers on line, so will not elaborate except to say I closed the deal with Heartland Chullora. The guys at Chullora were great.

Sponsored

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon

The wait continues......
Meant to reply here the other day. My car should be getting delivered in a few weeks, Im applying Satin paint protection film over the entire car and then its going straight to Rhino Rack to fit the backbone system and platform followed by video shoot for the product which im looking super forward to as well. So keen to get the rhino rack system installed.. It by far looks like the best solution from anyone for the roof mounted system and i'll be putting it to good use in the very near future haha.

As for Heartland castle hill... I hear you.. I tried placing an order there as soon as i heard about the JL launch in America.. visited every couple of months, had my name down on the order list for about 8 months, then when deposits where finally being taken, They refused to work with me at all.. wouldnt even take $5 off the retail price, said it was impossible to do. I then ordered at Penrith (Who have been awesome so far, cut out all the BS, worked with me without stuffing me around and i ordered with them) and when castle hill found out about this.. They were then willing to work with me, but to little to late...

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
I was talking to both the guys at Penrith and Chullora before ordering, both were fantastic :)

OP
OP
Rubi D

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Meant to reply here the other day. My car should be getting delivered in a few weeks, Im applying Satin paint protection film over the entire car and then its going straight to Rhino Rack to fit the backbone system and platform followed by video shoot for the product which im looking super forward to as well. So keen to get the rhino rack system installed.. It by far looks like the best solution from anyone for the roof mounted system and i'll be putting it to good use in the very near future haha.

As for Heartland castle hill... I hear you.. I tried placing an order there as soon as i heard about the JL launch in America.. visited every couple of months, had my name down on the order list for about 8 months, then when deposits where finally being taken, They refused to work with me at all.. wouldnt even take $5 off the retail price, said it was impossible to do. I then ordered at Penrith (Who have been awesome so far, cut out all the BS, worked with me without stuffing me around and i ordered with them) and when castle hill found out about this.. They were then willing to work with me, but to little to late...
Hey, well done on getting the video shoot organised. Looking forward to seeing it online.
Yep, I agree. I have looked at a number of options and I like this Rhino-Rack system the best for increasing the roof load capacity without the need for external bars.
You are getting the car wrapped. I note from a previous post, you do this for a crust. What is your recommendation on wrapping? I had thought of clear wrapping the front end to help against stone chips, but side wrapping may also be worth considering. Not really interested in changing colour. I like the yellow.

OP
OP
Rubi D

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was talking to both the guys at Penrith and Chullora before ordering, both were fantastic :)
Speaking of ordering, your vehicle is now almost two weeks in the country. There should be a second entry on the Prixcar tracker. Not long now!!!:like:

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Speaking of ordering, your vehicle is now almost two weeks in the country. There should be a second entry on the Prixcar tracker. Not long now!!!:like:

I'm checking on a daily basis, It moved from the wharf to a processing location and then to the heartland prixcar storage place, it is still there.... at this rate however I might only get my car in September as I am going overseas in a couple weeks...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubi D

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm checking on a daily basis, It moved from the wharf to a processing location and then to the heartland prixcar storage place, it is still there.... at this rate however I might only get my car in September as I am going overseas in a couple weeks...
Once it gets to the Heartland storage site my experience was there weren't any further transport entries on the website. The next step is with the dealer.

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Hey, well done on getting the video shoot organised. Looking forward to seeing it online.
Yep, I agree. I have looked at a number of options and I like this Rhino-Rack system the best for increasing the roof load capacity without the need for external bars.
You are getting the car wrapped. I note from a previous post, you do this for a crust. What is your recommendation on wrapping? I had thought of clear wrapping the front end to help against stone chips, but side wrapping may also be worth considering. Not really interested in changing colour. I like the yellow.
Yeah I focus on paint protection film and not colour anymore. On the jeep, I would 100% recommend front end and sides. Im even going to put some windscreen film on as well to try and prevent the dreaded cracking they are known for.

I'll upload some photos of my jeep when its had its initial wrap and when its completely done as i'll be making a kit to fit every painted part (Including possibly the roll cage bars as well..

OP
OP
Rubi D

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rhino-Rack now has the Backbone system relisted on their AU website. Hopefully supply is not too far away.

OP
OP
Rubi D

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was quick! Received a phone call this afternoon. RJLB1 Backbone ready to pick up. Looks like I have a project for the weekend.

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
That was quick! Received a phone call this afternoon. RJLB1 Backbone ready to pick up. Looks like I have a project for the weekend.
Nice man, Rhino rack have all my gear waiting for me.. Blackbone, platform, batwing awning, Maxtrax holder, shovel holder, light brackets.... all waiting for me to bring my car to them and im waiting for my dealership to have my car ready for me haha.. fingers crossed that I can get my car early next week.
Sponsored