Aviationmatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL sport s
Hey guys/gals!

I’m looking for advice for possibly rhino lining my JL 2 door. I have been having a wet floor on my driver side door for the past week that I’ve owned the Jeep. I took the carpet out on the driver side floor today because I’m worried about it molding in the carpet. I’ve seen theads where people have gotten a spray in liner for the floors. This would eliminate my worrying about the carpet getting mildew on it. What are some of your opinions on doing this? I’ve had a friend warn me about it possibly trapping water and rotting the frame of the Jeep. Has anyone done anything like this or anything similar? Honestly, I would just keep the carpet out of the driver side floor and just use a weathertech mat to protect the floor from damage. Would this be a good idea to do instead of a liner? Thank you in advance for the recommendations!

Matt
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I'm seriously considering doing mine. The cost is approximately $500 for the inside tub to be LineX'd. I know people who have done it to their TJs and JKs and it looked sharp :like:

OP
OP

Aviationmatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm seriously considering doing mine. The cost is approximately $500 for the inside tub to be LineX'd. I know people who have done it to their TJs and JKs and it looked sharp :like:
It does look nice! Mines a 2 door and I got quoted at $800. Sounds kind of steep to me. They also want me to pull everything out myself. (Seats, carpet, etc.)

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
It does look nice! Mines a 2 door and I got quoted at $800. Sounds kind of steep to me. They also want me to pull everything out myself. (Seats, carpet, etc.)
Yes that's what I was quoted for my 2 door IF I removed all that I could. But that does sound a little steep. Of course it depends on where you're at. I'm still up in the air about it. But the ones I did see were really nice looking and super clean :like:

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
There is another thread on the forum that discussed lining a Jeep.

My brother Rhino Lined (or Line-X) his Wrangler about 10 years ago. He did the inside and outside of the entire body and doors. It was almost bullet-proof, certainly no worry about dents, dings, scratches or rust. The primary drawback was increased weight which required some suspension upgrades, but the engine performance sucked. The two biggest challenges were (1) meticulous surface prep to avoid corrosion behind the liner; and (2) the thickness of the liner made putting everything back together a bit tough/slow. I think he needed to use a grinder in some areas to reduce the thickness and replace mounting bolt that were now too short.

Sponsored

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
What do they do with any exposed wiring that's under the carpet?

jl_misfit

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
I've considered doing this too. My two dogs' hair is a PITA to get out of the carpet.

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
do you want it lined or a floor you don’t have to worry about? if you just want a dry floor you may want to consider how is the inside getting wet? plenty on here don’t have this issue. lining would be cool but it can be a little pricey i think.

OP
OP

Aviationmatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
do you want it lined or a floor you don’t have to worry about? if you just want a dry floor you may want to consider how is the inside getting wet? plenty on here don’t have this issue. lining would be cool but it can be a little pricey i think.
I’ve fixed my water leak as far as I can tell, it was coming in through the A-pillar seal because there was a fastener and foam piece missing. I still really like the rhino lining idea, however, I’m leaning more towards something like Bedtred to save some money for other upgrades!
Sponsored