Sponsored

RHD owners - help! Where’s firewall passthrough??

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Hi everyone! Actually the name of the thread says it all - I’ve stuck with installation of RSE power steps at the stage of wiring - I cannot find any single legal way from the cabin to the under hood space... I have automatic transmission, but no plastic cover on the firewall instead of clutch cylinder as all LHD owners say/use :((( anyone?..
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
Hi Tarram,
There is a rubber grommet with a wiring loom cable passing through it behind the inner wing on the passenger side. I had to route the trailer socket 12v feed wire through there as per the Mopar fitting instructions.

Steps 20 and 21 on the attached wiring harness installation guide show how to access the grommet.

https://www.allrad-schmitt.com/shop/media/pdf/ec/2f/a8/CCI27122018.pdf

Hope this helps.

Tony

OP
OP
taram

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dear Tony, thank you very much for a prompt reply! I found it as well , but wanted to double check - it’s always better to be 100% sure. Tomorrow I will try to follow the instructions you attached - I need to run the steps power cable and small cable for a front facing camera. The good news is that they all have small connectors that could possibly fit in a single small hole one by one . I hope I will post my progress soon!
Thanks once more.

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
How did you get on in finding the route through the firewall?
I only had one wire to pass through so it wasn't too bad, but still a little bit tricky from what I remember!!

OP
OP
taram

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did you get on in finding the route through the firewall?
I only had one wire to pass through so it wasn't too bad, but still a little bit tricky from what I remember!!
Hey Tony,
To be honest - it was a nightmare, I spent around 2 hours in total just to pass trough the front camera small connector (still had to trim it to minimum possible thickness), then I used the main wire of the camera cable as a pull-out string for the power cable of the power steps , but definitely had to cut off the connection sockets of the power cable as there was not a single chance to pass them through... Also I had to trim the rubber outlet from the under-hood side as it was narrower at the end. When I finished passing through the wires I used some silicone sealant to close the possible openings from the outside - it in the end it came out quite clean. I will soon post more updates in my build thread.
Thank you once more for a prompt answer that time!
Sponsored