Sponsored

RHD JLU?

First Name
Ng
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RHD JKU
Other Mail Man here and what to know Did anyone can confirm, can we order the Right Hand Drive JLU yet? i call the dealer, they said didn't show that in system?

my old one is very bad now, need to order the new one asap.

Thank you!
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Looks like Summer of Next Year according to the presumptive production schedule;

2C68C6D1-DA8E-46B4-AA28-B50231327E64.jpeg

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ TJ LJ JK
Hey guys, new to the forum and ran across this thread. I work for a dealership that has specialized in the right hand drive Jeeps for over 20 years. There's been a lot of guessing going on about the JLU RHD production time frame and I thought I'd inject what little I know at this point.

At this time, FCA is still taking dealer orders for the 2018 JKU model RHD sport. I haven't seen anything to indicate if there's a date that they will completely turn production over to the JL. We are beginning to receive them on a regular basis, but it's just a trickle. We have tried to get straight answers out of FCA about production on the JLU RHD model, but even our district rep isn't able to get answers. I've heard the JLU will not be produced in RHD for 2018, but scheduled for the 2019 model year. I've heard the opposite. The simple fact is nobody but the tight lipped execs at Jeep know for sure, and they will not even whisper what they know. Frankly, it's not unusual for any scheduled roll out date to be pushed back if potential driveability issues are a concern at all. That's pretty much SOP for all manufacturer's now days. (remember the "new" Cherokee?)

We have begun the process of preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. We spent years modifying left hand drive Wrangler and Liberty models by using parts produced for Asian and Euro markets. We will be doing the same again if Jeep elects not to pursue the JLU in RHD. So...for those who are concerned that they won't be able to get a RHD Wrangler Unlimited in the future, please don't worry. There are a few dealerships out there that have the knowledge and experienced technicians to do factory specific conversions on the upcoming Wranglers. They will not be going away anytime soon no matter whether the factory produces them or the dealerships convert them.

What I can say for now is the 2018 JKU RHD Sport model is available and can be ordered from the factory at the moment. Just be patient.......I see great things coming.

Sponsored

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ TJ LJ JK
Back again for an update. FCA has now stopped production of the RHD JK models entirely. Orders in the system have been rejected and we now have all of the 2018 RHD models in stock that we will see for this year.
Still no solid word on what FCA will be doing for the 2019 model year, but it's not looking good since FCA has stopped production of ALL right hand drive models made by Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, and Ram divisions for distribution overseas. Fiat will continue to produce right hand drive models for overseas distribution.
Looks like we're going to be doing our right hand drive conversions in-house for the forseeable future. If you're a mail carrier here in the US and need a right hand drive Jeep, PM me here with your needs and I'll do what I can to help.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back again for an update. FCA has now stopped production of the RHD JK models entirely. Orders in the system have been rejected
Yeah, because they ceased making ALL JK(U)s.

Now the plant gets re-tooled for the JT/Scrambler. Whomever didn’t order earlier has to wait until the JL(U)s start RHD production which was originally schedule for June, but with recent delays, could easily push to July/August or into the 2019 JL(U)s.

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ TJ LJ JK
I'm curious where you got your information about RHD JL models for 2019? We've been up and down the corporate ladder and aren't getting anyone to commit to any information at all, yet. We cant' even seem to find out IF there will be a RHD JL model and now that FCA is pulling out of South Africa and other countries where RHD is the norm we're a bit concerned. Since the RHD models are how we here at Postal Pete make our living, it would be nice to know what's up so we know how to plan.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm curious where you got your information about RHD JL models for 2019? We've been up and down the corporate ladder and aren't getting anyone to commit to any information at all, yet. We cant' even seem to find out IF there will be a RHD JL model
A little birdy told me.

now that FCA is pulling out of South Africa and other countries where RHD is the norm we're a bit concerned.
Yeah, FCA isn’t pulling out of SA, just their Dodge and Chysler nameplates which are their boat anchors for FCA, especially in export markets. FCA is increasing their Alpha, Fiat, and Jeep portfolios in SA. So you should probably dig a little deeper on that before crying that the “Sky is falling !” to scare up business.

Also, SA isn’t their largest RHD market by far, they are committed to the UK and OZ with allocation, so even if it were pulling out, which it isn’t, that wouldn’t be a concern, as the SA market isn’t enough to kill export RHD.

But most importantly, RHD N.American builds are not based on Export (BUX) builds, they are NAFTA vehicles with RHD added for commercial applications which sell almost 1/3 as much as all exports combined, so they are a market on their own that rivals any single export country.

Sponsored

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017

hidie2u

First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Patriot w/ conversion installed
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Yes. We need New RHD Jeep Wrangler Sahara's!!!! ASAP!!!!
Other Mail Man here and what to know Did anyone can confirm, can we order the Right Hand Drive JLU yet? i call the dealer, they said didn't show that in system?

Thank you!

Mailbridge

First Name
Bridgette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius, Camry

Thank you!

Mailbridge

First Name
Bridgette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius, Camry
Following.. I need to order a right hand drive
Sponsored