Sponsored

Review: Rough Country 2.5" Jeep Suspension Lift Kit (2018 WRANGLER JL)

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
Did the RC lift take the “rake” it of the front?
Do the RC and RE provide the same ride height on a JLUR? I want to take out the rake and run 35’s only
Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Did the RC lift take the “rake” it of the front?
Do the RC and RE provide the same ride height on a JLUR? I want to take out the rake and run 35’s only
The RC kit is 2.5" front 2" rear so it does take out a good amount of rake. Here is mine, I feel it sits fairly level.
nude1.jpg

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are those 37’s? How do you like the Coopers? My good friend and wheeling buddy put these on his JK. How’s the road noise?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Are those 37’s? How do you like the Coopers? My good friend and wheeling buddy put these on his JK. How’s the road noise?
Yes, they are 37x13.5
Love the Cooper's! I've tried a lot of tires and they are probably my favorite all around MT. They are very quiet, ride fairly well for an E rated tire, and grip well off-road. I had them in a C rated 35 on my JK and I think they rode very smooth(better than the factory Rubicon setup.)

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you satisfied with the RC spacer lift?Thought about it for now until Rock Krawler comes out with something.

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Are you satisfied with the RC spacer lift?Thought about it for now until Rock Krawler comes out with something.
No complaints here. Great kit for the money!
It's a holdover for me as well, but I have zero complaints with the kit for a daily driver. RK has some kits available now(no shocks)

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
Have you stretched it out with the 37's and KMC's? Does the shallow backspace push them out so much that they get into the flares during articulated compression travel?

***EDIT - Sorry for derailing this thread... @ TTEChris - please feel free to PM me the response? ***

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Have you stretched it out with the 37's and KMC's? Does the shallow backspace push them out so much that they get into the flares during articulated compression travel?

***EDIT - Sorry for derailing this thread... @ TTEChris - please feel free to PM me the response? ***
The 2.5" Budget Boost was never intended to stay on the JL, although it has been great for daily driving! I would need 3" bumpstops to clear at full articulation and stay out of the fenders(Rear bumps can be flipped vertical for 3", but in that position they are thinner so I'm not sure how well they will make contact with the foam stops.)
I have been impatiently awaiting a more permanent solution for my JL. I think a 3-4" lift with 3" bumpstops should work great for my particular wheel/tire setup.
I was bored at the shop one day, and decided to see how far I could flex it out with the "budget boost" and 37's.
DSC_0892.JPG
DSC_0875.JPG
DSC_0885.JPG

NN39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Anyone know what I did wrong with my RC install? There were no issues with the driver side end link, but the passenger side end link is slanted. This is causing the Jeep to be mis-aligned, so it pulls a little to the right.

20180405_144324.jpg 20180405_144300.jpg

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know what I did wrong with my RC install? There were no issues with the driver side end link, but the passenger side end link is slanted. This is causing the Jeep to be mis-aligned, so it pulls a little to the right.

I think the lack of an adjustable track bar is what's causing the Jeep to be mis-aligned in the front. When lifted the front axle shifts slightly to the driver side causing the bind on the link as pictured. While mine didn't seem nearly as severe I did notice it(Check the picture below, sorry it's the only one I had.) I preferred the stock style links with the ball joint on top, so I used the rears and got a little creative with washers and thinner lock nuts at the top.
20180303_151017_resized.jpg

20180405_170059_resized.jpg

Sponsored

ksmit88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I think the lack of an adjustable track bar is what's causing the Jeep to be mis-aligned in the front. When lifted the front axle shifts slightly to the driver side causing the bind on the link as pictured. While mine didn't seem nearly as severe I did notice it(Check the picture below, sorry it's the only one I had.) I preferred the stock style links with the ball joint on top, so I used the rears and got a little creative with washers and thinner lock nuts at the top.
20180303_151017_resized.jpg

20180405_170059_resized.jpg
I just ordered the RC 2.5” B.B.. Is this alignment issue something that affects all kits and models of Jeeps? This will be my first time installing this kind of kit and now I’m wondering if I made the right choice. The last thing I want to do is create an issue where I’m chasing alignment issues. Thanks

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the RC 2.5” B.B.. Is this alignment issue something that affects all kits and models of Jeeps? This will be my first time installing this kind of kit and now I’m wondering if I made the right choice. The last thing I want to do is create an issue where I’m chasing alignment issues. Thanks
It's not really an issue at the 2.5" There is not much you can do to change the alignment on the front end of a Jeep without buying adjustable components. The axles will be slightly off anytime you lift/lower the Wrangler due to the suspension design. I didn't notice much(if any) difference in the way the Jeep drove after the 2.5" lift even with the axles being slightly off center. You can always buy adjustable trackbars to get the axles 100% centered, but my bet is you won't notice much of a difference when doing so. Where you may notice a slight difference is getting adjustable lower control arms or control arm drop brackets to get the caster back to factory specifications.

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon jl
The RC kit is 2.5" front 2" rear so it does take out a good amount of rake. Here is mine, I feel it sits fairly level.
nude1.jpg
How is the ride much difference in feel from stock

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
How is the ride much difference in feel from stock
I no longer have the kit on my JL, but I didn't notice a difference in the ride at all. My wife now has it on her sport and she is really happy with it. No complaints from her either.

GoGators353

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I know this is old but I had the same issue, I had to flip it over.

That being said, I’m getting creaking in the rear, anyone else?

Sponsored