Sponsored

Review of Quadratec Aluminum Brute Strength Winch Bumper for 18-20 Jeep Wrangler JL & Gladiator JT (Full Width Bumper,Without Winch)

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
June 28th -
Finally got around to installing the bumper - it sat in the garage for 3 weeks. Couple things - I like it overall. But a couple things to point out. When I was installing it, the instructions said to put the winch plate on - but the winch plate was solidly attached to the bumper. We puzzled over this until we rolled it over and found two bolts were holding them together. Would have been nice if the instructions had indicated that the two pieces needed to be separated. While the instructions were quite detailed in how to get the fog lights out of the old OEM bumper, instructions about wiring in the new bumper were non-existent - only how to put the lights on the bumper. Since the fog lights are moved towards the middle, the connection to the plug is a bit tight and it cannot be reattached to the frame bracket. And there was nothing about where all that wiring could be secured.

Ran into some issues with the welded on nuts. Some of them were not positioned correctly either not centered or were at a slight angle. Over the weekend I attempted to attach a front license plate bracket between the bumper and a Hawse Fairlead, one side's welded on nut is off kilter and ended up stripped because of it. I need a longer bolt to get past the point where the threads are stripped.

Packing - very big box, actually seems to have been too big for the contents - it was loose enough inside that things would jostle around - so smaller box or something to keep things in place better. Everything was thoroughly wrapped in foam sheets and bubble wrap. The paint on the tow hooks was scraped off on a few spots from shifting and bouncing around. And the fairlead mounting plate was bent back so there is a gap between the fairlead and bumper at the top.

Bumper installed.
Jeep Wrangler JL Review of Quadratec Aluminum Brute Strength Winch Bumper for 18-20 Jeep Wrangler JL & Gladiator JT (Full Width Bumper,Without Winch) IMG-3041

Recovery hooks showing paint damage. These were taken minutes after unpacking.
Jeep Wrangler JL Review of Quadratec Aluminum Brute Strength Winch Bumper for 18-20 Jeep Wrangler JL & Gladiator JT (Full Width Bumper,Without Winch) IMG-3040

Jeep Wrangler JL Review of Quadratec Aluminum Brute Strength Winch Bumper for 18-20 Jeep Wrangler JL & Gladiator JT (Full Width Bumper,Without Winch) IMG-3039
Jeep Wrangler JL Review of Quadratec Aluminum Brute Strength Winch Bumper for 18-20 Jeep Wrangler JL & Gladiator JT (Full Width Bumper,Without Winch) IMG-3038
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Nice looking bumper, too bad about the packing issues. My Quadratec QRC steel bumper was packed perfectly, very good support, just the right size box and flawless condition.

AdverseCity

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So after having this bumper for the last 1½ years what do you think? In looking at both the front and rear bumpers and I'm curious how this one holding up for you.
Sponsored