Review: Mishimoto Cold Air Intake 3.6L

HuskerJL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR - Black
I purchased a Mishimoto CAI and installed it today, so I thought I would give it a review. First, the installation was very simple and easy to do. The CAI looks nice under the hood. My one complaint is the increased noise especially around 2500rpm just as the transmission shifts from 1 to 2 and 3rd gear. It is so annoying to me that I will be removing the CAI and reinstalling the factory intake tomorrow. I expected the engine to be a little louder but not like this. I almost ordered the Jeep Performance intake, but now wonder if it would sound the same.
Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Performance increase or all hype?

Red Willy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide, 2021 2 dr. Willys stick
Occupation
Professional Nobody
I bought the Banks "ram air" intake and installed. No performance increase and really too loud for my taste. I removed and returned it after one day and went back to stock intake.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
I bought the Banks "ram air" intake and installed. No performance increase and really too loud for my taste. I removed and returned it after one day and went back to stock intake.
On my JK….I got maybe 1 more mpg, a lot more noise and a risk of more contaminated air with my Banks. I’ll stay stock on my JL as far a CAI’s

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

On the other hand, I'm impressed with their "Borne Offroad" snorkel. It adds a nice little burble to the breathing and you can pivot the intake around in severe weather.

Stryfed_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Sahara
Do you still have the intake installed? If so what are you long term impressions?
Sponsored