Sponsored

Review: Lasfit Stealth Anti-Theft Smart Hood Lock Installed on 2022 Jeep Wrangler 392

Lasfit

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lasfit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lasfit.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Review: Lasfit Stealth Anti-Theft Smart Hood Lock Installed on 2022 Jeep Wrangler 392 1

Welcome back to the Lasfit Off-Road Column.🥳

What bothers most Jeep owners is the fact that there is no hood lock from the factory, which makes "stealing," "tampering," and "hood flutter" the norm. Adrian is one of them! We had the pleasure of receiving a feedback email from Adrian about his first usage experience with the Lasfit Smart Jeep Hood Lock. Let's find out more about whether his troubles have been resolved below! 👇👇

Hi guys! It's Adrian here!🧐

First I think it's extremely necessary for Jeep owners to install a lock to secure the hood. I'll be totally honest. Before I wrote this article, I had no idea who Lasfit was or what products they have on the market. I'm always thinking about the security of my 392 and looking for something to address the vulnerabilities of the Jeep JL design(without a hood lock from the factory).

Before buying a hood lock, I was considering the Bolt and Mopar Locks. But my needs were not met as I was not interested in carrying more keys nor was I interested in losing my front-facing camera. I wanted to leave my camera where it was and still be able to lock my hood. The locks for the hinges were not really secure and many people that have had them complained about their rust and or paint fading.

Until one day, I stumbled across the Lasfit Stealth Hood Lock on Youtube, it's different from the Bolt and Mopar Locks I've known before, it claims to be "smart", "stealth" and "anti-theft", won't affect the front camera, and doesn't require me to carry extra keys...isn't that what I've been looking for? 🤔 I decided to give it a go!

Jeep Wrangler JL Review: Lasfit Stealth Anti-Theft Smart Hood Lock Installed on 2022 Jeep Wrangler 392 2

Jeep Wrangler JL Review: Lasfit Stealth Anti-Theft Smart Hood Lock Installed on 2022 Jeep Wrangler 392 3

(Here're some photos I downloaded from the Lasfit product page.)​

Installation is essential for this hood lock. It took me about 1-2 hours to complete the installation. For the 392, the clips for the grill on the outer edges were deeper inside the plastic that surrounds them. I used my special clip remover to remove them. The circle that is drilled to get the hoses through and into the cabin is screwed on, you just need to unscrew it from the hood (counter-clockwise).

Jeep Wrangler JL Review: Lasfit Stealth Anti-Theft Smart Hood Lock Installed on 2022 Jeep Wrangler 392 4

(The tightness differences of the hood when the lock is ON and OFF.)​

Finally the installation is complete! ✌My expectation was not in vain, and it seems that my attempt was definitely worth it!

I was thrilled I did not need to change anything about my front-facing camera. It works great!

I was excited not to have to carry any additional keys and the key fob is the same as before the installation of the hood lock.

I haven't experienced any flutter when driving my Jeep on uneven trails with the hood lock installed so I am happy with the lock. I still use the locks on the sides of the hood.

Jeep Wrangler JL Review: Lasfit Stealth Anti-Theft Smart Hood Lock Installed on 2022 Jeep Wrangler 392 5

(The front camera is not affected and works normally.)​

I'm very happy with this purchase and I highly recommend this Lasfit Jeep Hood Lock to anyone who cares about the safety of their 392 as much as I do.

The top reasons are, no need for an additional key, ease of use (convenience), and continued use of the OEM front off-road camera. The critical thing is the backup for if the battery dies. That is a very critical component that would have prevented me from buying it if it didn't exist.

Jeep Wrangler JL Review: Lasfit Stealth Anti-Theft Smart Hood Lock Installed on 2022 Jeep Wrangler 392 6

*Hopefully, this helps you out if you're in the market for some new hood locks/latches and/or are curious about the LASFIT Stealth Anti-Theft Hood Lock. As always, feel free to reach out with any questions or comments.

*This article was originally created by Adrian G. All the photos and content are authorized by Adrian. Many thanks to @392jeep392 for sharing such great content with us!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lasfit

Lasfit

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lasfit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lasfit.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

A minor point,but the Bolt Hood Lock uses the JL key contained in the Fob. The Front Camera does have to be moved.
Thank you for your reply! The Lasfit JL hood lock will not affect the front camera. Would you be interested in testing our hood lock on your JL?

OP
OP
Lasfit

Lasfit

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lasfit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lasfit.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

Yes, I would . Thank you.
Thank you for your interest in our hood lock. We released limited offers for Jeep JL/JT owners, if you're interested in testing Lasfit J/JT-specific products, please kindly contact us by email.
[email protected]

Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
This looks great! Much cleaner looking than the Bolt and Mopar hood locks. What is the estimated install time?

OP
OP
Lasfit

Lasfit

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lasfit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lasfit.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

This looks great! Much cleaner looking than the Bolt and Mopar hood locks. What is the estimated install time?
The installation process will take approximately 1-3 hours, depending on your installation experience. We provide an instruction manual and install guide video, you can refer to this video

Faresalsal

First Name
Fares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL / 2012 Mustang Boss302 / 1998 Cherokee Sport
wow, i don't have thief problems where i live but this is really neat and OEM looking.

i do have a question however, what happens if the battery dies and it's in the locked position?

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
wow, i don't have thief problems where i live but this is really neat and OEM looking.

i do have a question however, what happens if the battery dies and it's in the locked position?
There is a manual cable pull that you install along with everything else under the dash. No power, just pull the cable.

have mine for several months now and quite happy with it, knowing that whenever I lock the Jeep, the hood is also locked.

NickJar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RD
Question about the electronics, I guess if some gets access to your canbus rail behind the glove box this is defeated?

Sponsored

swampflyer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired
If they can hack your key code to steal your cheap. Couldn’t the hack the lock? Just curious.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Question about the electronics, I guess if some gets access to your canbus rail behind the glove box this is defeated?
I think this, like most anti-theft devices, will just slow a thief down and hopefully cause them to move on. If they are determined enough, they will steal your Jeep. Or they'll just tow it away somewhere and hack on it there.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good. Cleaner than my bolt set up.

OP
OP
Lasfit

Lasfit

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lasfit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lasfit.com
Vehicle(s)