Sponsored

Reverse Rake after Mopar 2": Rear Spacer Considerations?

ratherbskiing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUWD
I have a reverse rake after putting on the Mopar 2" Diesel lift. I got 4" in the front and 3" in the rear from the lift. It really bothers me.

What are my options? I'm not wanting to weigh down the front if that's what you're thinking. I'd say I need 1-1.5 inches more in the rear to be happy.

Are rear spacers a thing? Is that a lazy way out? Will my brake lines, bump stops, and shocks be long enough if I go that route?

Thank you, I'd really appreciate some advice.
Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i had the same issue with the Mopar lift on my Willys Diesel.
but i was planning on putting a winch and steel bumper on mine; that brought down the front ~0.5" and settled it out pretty evenly. i'd like to think that's what the J**p engineers were expecting, but i was frankly initially shocked at the 4.3" lift in the front.

with 35s on it now, it looks pretty well sorted out. even with a good load in it, it doesn't appear to squat in the rear, so i didn't want to deal with raising the Center of Gravity any further.

I have a reverse rake after putting on the Mopar 2" Diesel lift. I got 4" in the front and 3" in the rear from the lift. It really bothers me.

What are my options? I'm not wanting to weigh down the front if that's what you're thinking. I'd say I need 1-1.5 inches more in the rear to be happy.

Are rear spacers a thing? Is that a lazy way out? Will my brake lines, bump stops, and shocks be long enough if I go that route?

Thank you, I'd really appreciate some advice.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
OP
OP
ratherbskiing

ratherbskiing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUWD

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
No. 0.75" is not a big difference.

Adding the spacer will move your ride height rear shock extension point up 0.75". That means you will have an additional 0.75" of uptravel before hitting the stops, and you will loose 0.75" of down travel from average ride height.

That is roughly the equivalent of removing a 200lbs passenger from the rear seat.

Now, one thing that you may consider, which I bought but did not install, is to add a 0.75" swaybar spacer from Metalcloak. I bought that to keep the same tension on the sway bar with. the rear spacer as the Mopar engineers envisoned, in case the ride got too stiff. But I found that I like the ride as is and never installed the sway bar spacer.

If you think it gets too stiff (I doubt you will), here is the link to the Metalcloak spacer - It is a 5min install:

https://metalcloak.com/jl-wrangler-rear-sway-bar-drop-spacer-kit.html
Sponsored