Reverse light options

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Any GOOD led reverse light options out there other than these?

30E1B6AD-B20D-41AD-B598-491991D5C6AB.jpeg
Sponsored

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
That happened to mine, they sent me a new one free of charge.

Jeep Wrangler JL Reverse light options IMG_1552.JPG

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Luckily I live in a relatively dry climate, mine got the water in them from the car wash. Do youhave the reflectors to put back in there if you find something different? I had to destroy mine to get them out.

OP
OP
Jeep&dogs

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Luckily I live in a relatively dry climate, mine got the water in them from the car wash. Do youhave the reflectors to put back in there if you find something different? I had to destroy mine to get them out.
Yes, unfortunately my OCD wonā€™t let me get rid of anything I take off the jeep! šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Jeep&dogs

Personally,I would not install those reflector backup lights if you gave them to me for free. No way in hell.

For other's..... I installed more then 6 sets of those reflector backup lights...

Unfortunately, all that had me install them regretted doing so...

My install was correct.. I did a great job... but the product was crapola...

A problematic offering to say the least..

Fit is not right and they are prone to moisture/water issues.

Customer Support/Warranty is not good... and who wants to keep replacing them over and over when they take on water/moisture and they will..

I now encourage guys/gals that come to me asking me to install those reflector backup lights to forget the idea... After I tell them why they understand why..

What I found popular with most, is the Rigid Ignite Back-up Lights... Terrific lights, never an issue with them and an easy install. Customer Service/Support for them is top notch..

Jeep Wrangler JL Reverse light options rigid-lites

OP
OP
Jeep&dogs

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Yup, this is my replacement leaking less than a month after installing it. Same clown different circus. Time to find a solid option. Shining a mag light out the window while I am backing up would be an improvement at this point.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, this is my replacement leaking less than a month after installing it. Same clown different circus. Time to find a solid option. Shining a mag light out the window while I am backing up would be an improvement at this point.
@Jeep&dogs

Only good thing I can say about the crapola reflector backup light offering is ..... thanks to them being so problematic, I have made money....

Yup, I have been getting paid to pull and replace the problematic ones, only to see them take on water again and then the owner paying e once again to pull them and install some other type of backup light... Money in my pocket for my labor.... Sure, I feel bad in a way but.....

Anyway, as I mentioned... now, I just down right will not install the reflector backup lights for anyone any more..

OP
OP
Jeep&dogs

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Kinda sad, the concept is there, just wish there was some pride in workmanship to solve the issues.

Iā€™m seriously looking into these from KC lights.

With their flush mount bracket.

Iā€™m going to order a set and see how well they work. I think they will cover the factory reflector. I might just drill a hole in these existing lights and mount them that way. Not like they are doing any good. šŸ˜‚

If they work and they look somewhat clean I will gladly promote them. I believe KC is a forum member here, always good to help them out whenever possible.

Jeep Wrangler JL Reverse light options AB36A922-2DD6-41E1-9458-4C1FE62BDE4F

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I think Iā€™ll put a single Baja Designs S2 flush mount with the wide or area lens in the steel bumper opposite the tag when it comes time to do a chase light or backup light. I donā€™t like the lights in the squish zone below the bumper, I donā€™t like them on too of the bumper either for ascetic reasons. Iā€™ll just have to live with a single S2 in the bumper. Theyā€™re bright enough.

C63B1B48-0172-45E8-B9EF-DBD0F1D35E08.jpeg

3A80F1FC-E033-4CED-8B4A-19AFBBF9F83A.jpeg

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I think Iā€™ll put a single Baja Designs S2 flush mount with the wide or area lens in the steel bumper opposite the tag when it comes time to do a chase light or backup light. I donā€™t like the lights in the squish zone below the bumper, I donā€™t like them on too of the bumper either for ascetic reasons. Iā€™ll just have to live with a single S2 in the bumper. Theyā€™re bright enough.

Jeep Wrangler JL Reverse light options 3A80F1FC-E033-4CED-8B4A-19AFBBF9F83A

I love my LED tail lights, but I wish I could simply swap out the reverse bulb like I did on my 2017 RAM 1500. Simply, inexpensive and put out massive light!

These look like a good alternative for the Jeep, especially as I have the AUX switches for easy install

OP
OP
Jeep&dogs

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr

I wonder if they are large enough to mount on an angle over the factory reflectors. You could have one on each side. Might be worth bringing up to BD the need for a quality light and they could make the mounting plate large enough to cover the holes from the reflector.

Big advantage would be a surface mount would not require the removal of the bumper. Iā€™m willing to bet they would care enough to make sure they didnā€™t leak also! šŸ˜‚

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I wonder if they are large enough to mount on an angle over the factory reflectors. You could have one on each side. Might be worth bringing up to BD the need for a quality light and they could make the mounting plate large enough to cover the holes from the reflector.

Big advantage would be a surface mount would not require the removal of the bumper. Iā€™m willing to bet they would care enough to make sure they didnā€™t leak also! šŸ˜‚
Iā€™ve wondered about a similar setup using two S1 lights, one in each red reflector spot. You would just need a JL specific ā€œface plateā€ as the lights are serviceable I think all the other components could remain the same. If BD would just make a plate to fit in the reflector spot that would mount to the S1 it would be a perfect solution.

Edit: I havenā€™t gone as far as measuring this. I donā€™t know if itā€™s actually viable. I just had the daydream a while back.

Jeep Wrangler JL Reverse light options 00733F8C-3104-4265-B89E-CD120CEB5591

OP
OP
Jeep&dogs

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Iā€™ve wondered about a similar setup using two S1 lights, one in each red reflector spot. You would just need a JL specific ā€œface plateā€ as the lights are serviceable I think all the other components could remain the same. If BD would just make a plate to fit in the reflector spot that would mount to the S1 it would be a perfect solution.

Edit: I havenā€™t gone as far as measuring this. I donā€™t know if itā€™s actually viable. I just had the daydream a while back.

Jeep Wrangler JL Reverse light options 00733F8C-3104-4265-B89E-CD120CEB5591
I have access to a 3D printer, I might have to see what I can come up with.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was in hopes that @Diode Dynamics would come up with a light that would replace the reflector..

Diode Dynamics has terrific offerings and their Customer Support and Warranty is top notch.
The owner of Diode Dynamics is also very hands on/and gives a chitt.

I still can't get over how FCA can have reflectors made up that fit, spot on all the JL bumpers that leave the factory and then you get a vendor that has a reflector replacment, light offering that they just can't get to fit right on all JL bumpers... Makes little sense ...... and to boot the vendor denies there is an a fitment issue.... along with a moisture problem... Daaaah....

Sponsored