Sponsored

Reverse and 4th gear delay and jerking, thoughts and anyone else?

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
So I may have had these issues for a while and just didn't really pay attention to it or it may have just started happening.

2020 JLU Sport Auto V6 with 15k miles. I am not hard on my Jeep at all and have only been on a few trails that were not hard at all.

1. When I go into reverse, there is a 3-4 second delay and then it jerks into reverse and makes a clunk noise.

2. Shifting into 4th has a slight delay and jerk. It is super smooth in all other gears. Sometimes when I drive around for a while 4th gear starts shifting a little smoother.

I am considering going into the dealer to have it looked at. Just wondering if anyone else has had these issues and if they had them resolved.

I love driving my Jeep but it has become annoying getting into it and having to feel these jerky shifts in Reverse and 4th.
Sponsored

Jeepjayjeep

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICON UNLIMITED RECON SPECIAL EDITION
So I may have had these issues for a while and just didn't really pay attention to it or it may have just started happening.

2020 JLU Sport Auto V6 with 15k miles. I am not hard on my Jeep at all and have only been on a few trails that were not hard at all.

1. When I go into reverse, there is a 3-4 second delay and then it jerks into reverse and makes a clunk noise.

2. Shifting into 4th has a slight delay and jerk. It is super smooth in all other gears. Sometimes when I drive around for a while 4th gear starts shifting a little smoother.

I am considering going into the dealer to have it looked at. Just wondering if anyone else has had these issues and if they had them resolved.

I love driving my Jeep but it has become annoying getting into it and having to feel these jerky shifts in Reverse and 4th.
I have the exact same problem and a code pops up PO733. Took to the dealership and they found the transmission fluid burnt. I’m fighting to get it fixed, payed full warranty. Annoying as hell!!!

OP
OP

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have the exact same problem and a code pops up PO733. Took to the dealership and they found the transmission fluid burnt. I’m fighting to get it fixed, payed full warranty. Annoying as hell!!!
That sucks. I needed a new tranny but got it taken care of with warranty.

Jeepjayjeep

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That sucks. I needed a new tranny but got it taken care of with warranty.
I have a fight on my hands right now
They denied me because of my wheel spacers wow paid full warranty for five years and $85,000 cash I’m fucking pissed, transmission issue not caused by spacers
They won’t help me
Don’t know what to do

Jeepjayjeep

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a fight on my hands right now
They denied me because of my wheel spacers wow paid full warranty for five years and $85,000 cash I’m fucking pissed, transmission issue not caused by spacers
They won’t help me
Don’t know what to do
29,000kms

senoelv

First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL 2DR 3.6
Going through the same situation 2020 Sport 2dr automatic 3.6. Dealer is looking at it today. No mods hopefully they fix it and it should be under warranty.
Sponsored