Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Nope, not for me. I prefer the J6's 6 foot bed as I would put a cap on it and sleep in the bed.
Yeah, I can understand that. I can't wrap my head around it structurally, but was thinking it'd be neat to have something like the J6, but with a removable one-piece top/back (convertible pickup?), so with the top off, there'd literally be nothing behind your seat but an open bed. So, with a short bed, plus the slight extended cab and the seat slid forward, you'd have around 6 feet to sleep. Would probably require a cap that also replaces the hard top (to allow an enclosed space with pass-through to the bed).

Even if something like that was possible, it'd likely only happen with an intentional design by Jeep and aftermarket support for the cab.. for the 3 dudes that want to buy a Wrangler pickup only to turn it back into an SUV again ;)
Sponsored

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
Will people's heads,sitting in third row bench, stick above the "sport" bar? If they have to change the lines of the sport bar to angle up for 3rd row, that would be kinda weird looking.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Will people's heads,sitting in third row bench, stick above the "sport" bar? If they have to change the lines of the sport bar to angle up for 3rd row, that would be kinda weird looking.
A-la-TJ

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep knows how to play us like a violin: more stuff for Mopar to sell so that dealers can void the warranty.

The house always wins.
Morning, I guess I missed what happened. I know you changed avatar to license plate DLR SUX. You seem to be down on them.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I'd take the overlook, but with a fixed metal roof that can take a proper roof rack.
I am likely one of the few on here who have no interest in removing the roof...ever.

Sponsored

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
I'm not meaning squared off Like a tj and later model YJs. That would be fine. It seems the seating for 3rd row sits higher than driver and even higher than 2nd row. And if so, did they have to raise the back half of the roof to accommodate 3rd row? And if so, I'm wondering if rear-most bars would need to be raised above the front row bars. Basically making bars lines angle up and follow the upraised roof. If that makes sense.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm not meaning squared off Like a tj and later model YJs. That would be fine. It seems the seating for 3rd row sits higher than driver and even higher than 2nd row. And if so, did they have to raise the back half of the roof to accommodate 3rd row? And if so, I'm wondering if rear-most bars would need to be raised above the front row bars. Basically making bars lines angle up and follow the upraised roof. If that makes sense.
I get what your saying now, and yes that's a valid question

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
"concept, three-piece JPP vinyl floor"
My 1987 S-10 Blazer had a vinyl floor...it was great. Why this is a 'concept' 35 years later is beyond me. @JeepCares please see this makes it to production and replaces the carpet!!

frogger2020

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Wrangler JL
That third row seat is outside of the roll cage. I don't know if this would pass safety testing. I imagine there would have to be modifications needed if it were to go into production.

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, Commando, JT , JL, M422
Why stop at three rows of seats?
manila-philippines-march-metalic-long-jeep-public-transport-street-side-view-full-people-green...jpg

Sponsored

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
There are so many small things on that 4XE concept that they don't actually sell. It makes no sense that they wouldn't. JPP Dash Rail mounting system(There are lots avaialble, but this would sell a ton for the people who want 'Jeep' things.), Vinyl Floor(Just offer this from the factory Jeep), and like everyone else has said, the integrated air compressor.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'd love to see the 2 door truck come into production.

I'd trade my jl in a heartbeat.

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
The Overlook is very pleasing to the eye, but I wonder:

1. What engine options they'd put in it?

2. What the base price would be compared to the current 392 Unlimited Rubicon?

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yeah, I can understand that. I can't wrap my head around it structurally, but was thinking it'd be neat to have something like the J6, but with a removable one-piece top/back (convertible pickup?), so with the top off, there'd literally be nothing behind your seat but an open bed. So, with a short bed, plus the slight extended cab and the seat slid forward, you'd have around 6 feet to sleep. Would probably require a cap that also replaces the hard top (to allow an enclosed space with pass-through to the bed).

Even if something like that was possible, it'd likely only happen with an intentional design by Jeep and aftermarket support for the cab.. for the 3 dudes that want to buy a Wrangler pickup only to turn it back into an SUV again ;)
The Jeep Scrambler (CJ8) 1981-85 ,did just that ; it came with a half cab ( fiberglass hardtop) with a bulkhead behind the seats, or as an open to the tailgate, with a full softop, and I believe a hardtop as well. The 4 door chassis, and the teaser Overlook, would be excellent platforms for this. Fingers Crossed

Reactions: AFD