First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I know right! Put Gobi on it and I would be salivating. Looks like a Custom Gladiator with nice top.

The Rhinos set it off, maybe would prefer Abrams the solid ones.
Also love the Rhino wheels but I would go for 17 or 18" wheels instead and, yes, definitely have to change the color. Minor changes for me but holy cow I'd buy that in a heartbeat!!
Sponsored

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I sent a picture of the Overlook to my wife and she informed me, in no uncertain terms, that should Jeep actually build it, we will be at the dealership the first day they're available. :CWL:

I told her they'll never build it but hey, it's fun to dream...

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
I don't see the Overlook doing well at all. Look at that laughably horrible departure angle! Now they've really turned it into a bus. I doubt that thing will make it up my driveway without scraping, no less any non-flat offroad terrain.
People said the same thing about the 4-door.

Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Overlook!!!!
- Like the 3rd row seat idea
- Like the high roofline hard top idea even for a regular 4-door Wrangler

I always wanted/needed a third row seat in my Jeep Wranglers. I actually had a 3rd row seat in my JK for some years, but it was only functional while the kids where very young... then they grew up. I would buy a JL Wrangler with a functional 3rd row, but the departure angle must remain good. They would also have to redesign the roll cage to cover the 3rd row passengers.

I also like a high line hard top like this one even for a regular length Wrangler. I have a soft top and half doors for summer. One day may get a hard top for the full doors in winter. Would consider something like this.

the more weather-proof interior floor is also awesome. I would get that.

I wish they showed the 3rd row seat better.

Last edited:

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

I’ll call shenanigans on that assessment.

first off, I’ve owned 3 different 3rd row SUV’s, not a one of them had a spacious or easy to access 3rd row. If the middle row can tumble or slide forward and allow for even 18-24” of a gap to slide in through, it’ll carry people as well as basically any other 3rd row SUV.
For what it is worth, our family vehicle is a Kia Telluride, and its third row is comfortable even for our 6'2 plus-sized friend. We can still fit 2 full size bags and some medium sized bags in the back with the third row up. It won't off-road like a wrangler - more like a Bronco, if it had a lift for some clearance, but I feel confident in saying that it can handle snow and light four-wheeling better than any other AWD out there.

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
For what it is worth, our family vehicle is a Kia Telluride, and its third row is comfortable even for our 6'2 plus-sized friend. We can still fit 2 full size bags and some medium sized bags in the back with the third row up. It won't off-road like a wrangler - more like a Bronco, if it had a lift for some clearance, but I feel confident in saying that it can handle snow and light four-wheeling better than any other AWD out there.
saw and "offroad" Kia Telluride at a motor trend car show here in vegas and not gonna lie it looked good.

Sponsored

Wapiti

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Jeep concepts are cool and all, but did you see the Holy Guacamole color on the Challenger concept? That needs to make it onto the JL pallet.

Also-love the beer bottle Jeep logo on the 725; hope that makes it on to a t-shirt , bottle opener, etc.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
yeah, ours is a subie ascent, and it’s back seat is fairly spacious, but still not exactly easy to climb into.

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
Is that genuine smurf skin in the 4xe? :LOL:

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

yeah, ours is a subie ascent, and it’s back seat is fairly spacious, but still not exactly easy to climb into.
The ascent is decent, but yeah harder to get into than many other third rows. Not as bad as the Q7, but I feel on par with the Highlander. Better than the Journey or Explorer. The Pilot so far is the best 3rd row I have had for an ease-of-access, but man did that AWD system suck.

Maybe if they improve the seats in the Overlook version of the wrangler, I can convince my wife to try one in a few years.
Sponsored