Dash68

First Name
Skip
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR, 2017 GC Trailhawk
Very welcome! Yeah, I think if they just shortened the bed of the official J6 concept and had it end closer to the back of the rear fender (like the Autocar rendering), and maybe extended the cab slightly, it'd be about perfect. Would improve departure angle and still leave some storage behind the seats. Would look more like a factory-made JK8 Wrangler conversion.

Was just goofing around and tweaked the J6 with shorter bed and longer cab..

Image2.jpg
Nope, not for me. I prefer the J6's 6 foot bed as I would put a cap on it and sleep in the bed. I could also transport our mountain bike's with wheels attached in the bed with the tailgate in the upright position and still have use of the rear view camera. Something that one cannot do with a modern pickup truck.
Advertisement

AFD

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR
Nope, not for me. I prefer the J6's 6 foot bed as I would put a cap on it and sleep in the bed.
Yeah, I can understand that. I can't wrap my head around it structurally, but was thinking it'd be neat to have something like the J6, but with a removable one-piece top/back (convertible pickup?), so with the top off, there'd literally be nothing behind your seat but an open bed. So, with a short bed, plus the slight extended cab and the seat slid forward, you'd have around 6 feet to sleep. Would probably require a cap that also replaces the hard top (to allow an enclosed space with pass-through to the bed).

Even if something like that was possible, it'd likely only happen with an intentional design by Jeep and aftermarket support for the cab.. for the 3 dudes that want to buy a Wrangler pickup only to turn it back into an SUV again ;)

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
Will people's heads,sitting in third row bench, stick above the "sport" bar? If they have to change the lines of the sport bar to angle up for 3rd row, that would be kinda weird looking.

Toycrusher

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Will people's heads,sitting in third row bench, stick above the "sport" bar? If they have to change the lines of the sport bar to angle up for 3rd row, that would be kinda weird looking.
A-la-TJ

NewJLU2019

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired Now
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep knows how to play us like a violin: more stuff for Mopar to sell so that dealers can void the warranty.

The house always wins.
Morning, I guess I missed what happened. I know you changed avatar to license plate DLR SUX. You seem to be down on them.

pablo_max3045

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I'd take the overlook, but with a fixed metal roof that can take a proper roof rack.
I am likely one of the few on here who have no interest in removing the roof...ever.

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
I'm not meaning squared off Like a tj and later model YJs. That would be fine. It seems the seating for 3rd row sits higher than driver and even higher than 2nd row. And if so, did they have to raise the back half of the roof to accommodate 3rd row? And if so, I'm wondering if rear-most bars would need to be raised above the front row bars. Basically making bars lines angle up and follow the upraised roof. If that makes sense.

Toycrusher

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm not meaning squared off Like a tj and later model YJs. That would be fine. It seems the seating for 3rd row sits higher than driver and even higher than 2nd row. And if so, did they have to raise the back half of the roof to accommodate 3rd row? And if so, I'm wondering if rear-most bars would need to be raised above the front row bars. Basically making bars lines angle up and follow the upraised roof. If that makes sense.
I get what your saying now, and yes that's a valid question

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Sarge 2DR 3.6L 6MT
Occupation
Technician
"concept, three-piece JPP vinyl floor"
My 1987 S-10 Blazer had a vinyl floor...it was great. Why this is a 'concept' 35 years later is beyond me. @JeepCares please see this makes it to production and replaces the carpet!!

frogger2020

First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Wrangler JL
That third row seat is outside of the roll cage. I don't know if this would pass safety testing. I imagine there would have to be modifications needed if it were to go into production.

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 CJ 2A, 1961 AMC Mighty Mite, 1969 Jeepster Co
Why stop at three rows of seats?
manila-philippines-march-metalic-long-jeep-public-transport-street-side-view-full-people-green...jpg

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2008 JK RHD
There are so many small things on that 4XE concept that they don't actually sell. It makes no sense that they wouldn't. JPP Dash Rail mounting system(There are lots avaialble, but this would sell a ton for the people who want 'Jeep' things.), Vinyl Floor(Just offer this from the factory Jeep), and like everyone else has said, the integrated air compressor.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'd love to see the 2 door truck come into production.

I'd trade my jl in a heartbeat.

Hearhear

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot Lexus
The Overlook is very pleasing to the eye, but I wonder:

1. What engine options they'd put in it?

2. What the base price would be compared to the current 392 Unlimited Rubicon?

four low

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yeah, I can understand that. I can't wrap my head around it structurally, but was thinking it'd be neat to have something like the J6, but with a removable one-piece top/back (convertible pickup?), so with the top off, there'd literally be nothing behind your seat but an open bed. So, with a short bed, plus the slight extended cab and the seat slid forward, you'd have around 6 feet to sleep. Would probably require a cap that also replaces the hard top (to allow an enclosed space with pass-through to the bed).

Even if something like that was possible, it'd likely only happen with an intentional design by Jeep and aftermarket support for the cab.. for the 3 dudes that want to buy a Wrangler pickup only to turn it back into an SUV again ;)
The Jeep Scrambler (CJ8) 1981-85 ,did just that ; it came with a half cab ( fiberglass hardtop) with a bulkhead behind the seats, or as an open to the tailgate, with a full softop, and I believe a hardtop as well. The 4 door chassis, and the teaser Overlook, would be excellent platforms for this. Fingers Crossed

Reactions: AFD
Advertisement

Next Venture Motorsports

Advertisement