Reuse of JL OEM LED Flood Lights in Aftermarket Steel Bumpers

1. JLURVA

JLURVA Member

First Name:
    Shawn
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Wrangler JLUR
    Liked:
    Has anyone found a way to reuse the JL/JLU OEM LED Fog Lights in aftermarket steel bumpers?

I've bought and installed a Go Rhino Trailline Steel Bumper, but the OEM LED Floods don't fit - It looks like the OEM LEDs are about 1 cm larger in diameter versus the non-LED floods - and the bracket is for the JK style floods. I've not seen any brackets that would allow for reuse of the LED floods. Anyone have any success in reuse? Thanks!

2. rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford Well-Known Member
    Rock Sponsor (Level 1)

First Name:
    Brett
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
    Liked:
    Have you contacted the manufacturer. Most bumpers we’ve come across, the manufactures have made brackets to accommodate the factory leds

Brett

3. JurassicJeep12

JurassicJeep12 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Manny
    Vehicle(s):
    1992 Jeep Wrangler (Leslie), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Land Raider)
    Liked:
    Warehouse Manager
    Garage Profiles:
    I am dealing with this issue after buying an ARB Classic Deluxe Bumper. Advertise to work with OEM fogs, but it doesn't have the brackets to fit the OEM LED fogs from a Rubicon steel bumper.

I am resorting to going with an aftermarket light or a different OEM LED fog.

Kind of annoying.

4. OP
    OP
    JLURVA

JLURVA Member

First Name:
    Shawn
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Wrangler JLUR
    Liked:
    I did. To be fair, the manufacturer states "Excludes factory LED fog lights" but I'm surprised no one has come up with brackets to allow reuse. I also tried and failed to use Rigid D Series Pro lights (with anti-flicker devices) https://www.quadratec.com/products/97109_0920_14.htm . They still flicker. :-(

5. MALL R8D

MALL R8D Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Michelle
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
    Liked:
    LOD has a bumper and brackets that accommodate the LED fogs, but I doubt the brackets would be universal. You may be able to modify them though.