Sponsored

Retrofit power door locks and windows for 2021 Wrangler JLU SPORT ?

OP
OP
mbperfection

mbperfection

First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Its a similar situation. We can sell you the regulators, motors, door harness up to that connector. Then from there customer wiring including relays and switches will be required. If the installer is really motivated they may be able to use the OE switch.

- Benny
Hi Benny,
Could you share me the part number ? I would like to purchase
Sponsored

Hurleypee

First Name
Ola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport JL
Yes however on the body side of the harness it is unknown if the circuits are present or not. We have sold alot of these conversion parts for the JK's but customers used an aftermarket alarm to trigger the locks and performed some custom wiring to power the windows.

-Benny

Please would you recommend anyone in Houston area that can retrofit power doors and windows for the 2018 JL?? Thanks

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Please would you recommend anyone in Houston area that can retrofit power doors and windows for the 2018 JL?? Thanks
Sorry we do not know of anyone however any reputable electrical automotive shop can help with this.

- Benny

Sponsored

Rollfam

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU EcoDiesel
Hi Sean,

The connector PDF I had supplied was further into the instrument panel but I have now attached the PDF for this one. Unfortunately none of the circuits are present.

-Benny
hoping you see this even tough it’s a bit old. I have a 2022 sport with exactly the same plug/pins. you basically said an aftermarket system was the best route for power locks. Any opinion on a good one. Thank you.

OP
OP
mbperfection

mbperfection

First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hoping you see this even tough it’s a bit old. I have a 2022 sport with exactly the same plug/pins. you basically said an aftermarket system was the best route for power locks. Any opinion on a good one. Thank you.
i gotcha ! Highly recommend A1 electric. I just got them installed over the weekend, 4 doors and the trunk too . If you have basic car fixing knowledge and skill , if you know how to hook up aux lighting , it should be a one day to two days diy project

Rollfam

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU EcoDiesel
Thanks. I was eyeing that kit. On their site it talks about a starter kill relay and aux relay. Curious if those are needed and any insight or install advice will be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
mbperfection

mbperfection

First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I was eyeing that kit. On their site, it talks about a starter kill relay and aux relay. Curious if those are needed and any insight or install advice will be greatly appreciated.
the kit comes with all relays. I highly recommend you include an actuator for the trunk door, it is only an additional $40-ish. Based on my experience, if you figure out how to pull out the door trim, the rest is easier than you think. But of course, if you need some help, you can always reach out to me for video help. When you get to the point of testing the system, you will see all the doors will automatically lock when the car ignition is on and unlock when it is off. So, this is an awkward situation. let's say, you arrive at the convenience store, I assume you will always have your key in your pocket, you let your car idle while visiting the store, and the keyfob will not work no matter how hard you press the lock button, because the vehicle is idling... I thought about adding a master lock inside the car, but the wiring can put your jeep electrical system in potential malfunction in the future. What I did was simply not have the keyless system hook up to the ignition. so, whenever you want to lock and unlock the car, whether it is running or idling or ignition off, the keyfob will always work. Again, it is a fun project to work on your jeep, it is a confidence booster for yourself, you break it, and you can fix it type of mentality. Best luck

Rollfam

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU EcoDiesel
the kit comes with all relays. I highly recommend you include an actuator for the trunk door, it is only an additional $40-ish. Based on my experience, if you figure out how to pull out the door trim, the rest is easier than you think. But of course, if you need some help, you can always reach out to me for video help. When you get to the point of testing the system, you will see all the doors will automatically lock when the car ignition is on and unlock when it is off. So, this is an awkward situation. let's say, you arrive at the convenience store, I assume you will always have your key in your pocket, you let your car idle while visiting the store, and the keyfob will not work no matter how hard you press the lock button, because the vehicle is idling... I thought about adding a master lock inside the car, but the wiring can put your jeep electrical system in potential malfunction in the future. What I did was simply not have the keyless system hook up to the ignition. so, whenever you want to lock and unlock the car, whether it is running or idling or ignition off, the keyfob will always work. Again, it is a fun project to work on your jeep, it is a confidence booster for yourself, you break it, and you can fix it type of mentality. Best luck
I started install today with the A1 kit. Actually it’s not real complicated. I already added Rough Country power boards so I had a general idea of where all the wires can go. Started with the right front door. Everything went great till I put the door back together. Manually the lock functions As it should except the rotating lock inside the door handle doesn’t travel the same. When it’s locked the locked indicator no longer rotates far enough to be visible. Lock still works both inside and outside with a key. I’m stumped.

Rollfam

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU EcoDiesel
Well , after a beer(or two) I decided to have another look at the cable connections at the inner door handle. Popped the the door cover off and there it was. Apparently I didn’t get the upper cable ( the one with the round connector) completely snapped back in its correct position. Cable was hanging loose and not letting the manual door lock rotate properly.
Sponsored