Sponsored

Retrofit power door locks and windows for 2021 Wrangler JLU SPORT ?

mbperfection

First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
IS THERE ANY WAYS TO INSTALL MOPAR POWER DOOR LOCKS AND POWER WINDOW BY SELF?
NEW ENGLAND WINTER WEATHER IS BRUTAL , EVERYTIME GETTING INTO THE JEEP WITH MANUAL LOCKS FOR BOTH DRIVER AND PASSENGER DOORS ARE PAIN IN THE ASS....
HELP , PLEASE
Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I know you mentioned the Mopar parts but stick with those. I've installed many after-market locks/windows over the years and they all have their quirks.

chgrec

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yes however on the body side of the harness it is unknown if the circuits are present or not. We have sold alot of these conversion parts for the JK's but customers used an aftermarket alarm to trigger the locks and performed some custom wiring to power the windows.

-Benny

Sponsored

OP
OP
mbperfection

mbperfection

First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes however on the body side of the harness it is unknown if the circuits are present or not. We have sold alot of these conversion parts for the JK's but customers used an aftermarket alarm to trigger the locks and performed some custom wiring to power the windows.

-Benny
I forgot to mentioned, i have the Wrangler JLU Sport 2021 model. If it is possible, what are the required parts? do i need to do any coding to the Jeep ? Thanks

OP
OP
mbperfection

mbperfection

First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know you mentioned the Mopar parts but stick with those. I've installed many after-market locks/windows over the years and they all have their quirks.
could you please recommend some parts for the JLU ? I desperately need those now installed . THANKS

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I forgot to mentioned, i have the Wrangler JLU Sport 2021 model. If it is possible, what are the required parts? do i need to do any coding to the Jeep ? Thanks
If your under the impression its a simple plug and play mod it is not. As mentioned we will need to check the body side of your harnesses. I have attached what this connector consists of, We would need to look at all pins related to the latch and locking system such as #3 and #4

If these pins are absent then a complete body harness would be needed or you would need to introduce an aftermarket alarm like the user did within the link a few posts up.

- Benny

Attachments

OP
OP
mbperfection

mbperfection

First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your under the impression its a simple plug and play mod it is not. As mentioned we will need to check the body side of your harnesses. I have attached what this connector consists of, We would need to look at all pins related to the latch and locking system such as #3 and #4

If these pins are absent then a complete body harness would be needed or you would need to introduce an aftermarket alarm like the user did within the link a few posts up.

- Benny
Thank you for your detailed reply. I took a photo of the connector under the driver side dash. Could you please help to verify? I tried to match up with the connector shown in the PDF, but no success

IMG_9040.jpg

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thank you for your detailed reply. I took a photo of the connector under the driver side dash. Could you please help to verify? I tried to match up with the connector shown in the PDF, but no success

Jeep Wrangler JL Retrofit power door locks and windows for 2021 Wrangler JLU SPORT ? IMG_9040
Hi Sean,

The connector PDF I had supplied was further into the instrument panel but I have now attached the PDF for this one. Unfortunately none of the circuits are present.

-Benny

Attachments

Sponsored

OP
OP
mbperfection

mbperfection

First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Sean,

The connector PDF I had supplied was further into the instrument panel but I have now attached the PDF for this one. Unfortunately none of the circuits are present.

-Benny
Hi Benny,

Thank you for your reply. So, in order to install factory power door lock, I would need to replace the connector or the entire harness/wiring ? Otherwise, I would have to go with an aftermarket alarm system like the user did in the other post? If I choose to completely replace the harness, what is the feasibility ? Thanks

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hi Benny,

Thank you for your reply. So, in order to install factory power door lock, I would need to replace the connector or the entire harness/wiring ? Otherwise, I would have to go with an aftermarket alarm system like the user did in the other post? If I choose to completely replace the harness, what is the feasibility ? Thanks
You would need to replace your entire dash and body harness. Going with the aftermarket route is the most feasible solution. I would roughly estimate that to be about $1K including labor but you will need to source a reputable alarm installer in your area.

- Benny

OP
OP
mbperfection

mbperfection

First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You would need to replace your entire dash and body harness. Going with the aftermarket route is the most feasible solution. I would roughly estimate that to be about $1K including labor but you will need to source a reputable alarm installer in your area.

- Benny
Thats very helpful Benny. Do you happen to know about power windows solution to JLU sport ?

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thats very helpful Benny. Do you happen to know about power windows solution to JLU sport ?
Its a similar situation. We can sell you the regulators, motors, door harness up to that connector. Then from there customer wiring including relays and switches will be required. If the installer is really motivated they may be able to use the OE switch.

- Benny

OP
OP
mbperfection

mbperfection

First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its a similar situation. We can sell you the regulators, motors, door harness up to that connector. Then from there customer wiring including relays and switches will be required. If the installer is really motivated they may be able to use the OE switch.

- Benny
Thats very helpful, could you please share the links for parts ? and the wiring diagram ? Thanks
Sponsored