Retrofit 2020 auto headlight dimming?

Token

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You can add the trail cam feature by using the Tazer (or like device). Maybe this feature can be unlocked too.
Not in HD. There simply is no input present on the radio for that.
So it would be in reduced quality, and certainly no lines to show steering angle.

sna77

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
yup... as is programming fogs on with high beams.

Have auto high beams on my BMWs and love them. Such a great, lazy feature

garfieldtcat

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon
I had a Grand Cherokee with auto high beams and the system was useless. It would dim the lights when it didn't need to, or not dim the lights when it was supposed to. It was really terrible at dimming the lights when I came up behind another car travelling in the same direction. I had a loaner Lexus RX for a while too, and that system was equally as useless. I do have an Audi A6 with it right now, but I don't think I've ever used it to know how good it is. I live in a fairly busy, well lit area now, so I don't think I've even used the high beams on my Jeep after 7 months of owning it. Definitely not something I would go to any effort to add. The trail cam though... I would love to retrofit that!

sna77

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It works really well in my 5... I live in a populated city outside of Boston, but driving home late at night on backroads without streetlights, the high beams are really necessary...

BTW, the systems are stripped down in the US. Euro options will leave the highbeams on and aim them away from oncoming traffic. BMW calls it adaptive LED headlights (not street legal in the US). For anyone that has ever used the Euro-spec adaptive LED lights, they are truly night and day vs what we’re stuck with in US (thanks DOT).

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Red JLUR
Just curious if anyone has learned anything more now that 2020s are more prevalent?

Advertisement

Diode Dynamics

Advertisement