Retractable steps for my '19 JL

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Hello all, I need to pick your brains on function and cost of some steps. I'm having hip surgery and hoping I don't lose my wheeling ability over it? Thanks
Sponsored

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
I have the Rockslide Engineering Step Sliders on my JLUR. They deploy when the door opens and retract to a position flush with the integrated rock sliders a few seconds after the door closes. They are not cheap (in price or quality) and some of the early adopters of the current generation have had issues. It seems those issues have been corrected, but I can't say for certain you won't have an issue. I've had mine on for about a month now and can't say enough about them. The ease of access they afford is awesome. Getting out of the Jeep seems to be a more fluid and natural motion. They took a beating in Moab a few weeks ago without any issues. To me, they perfectly fit the bill for both looks and function and are worth the price.

OP
OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I have the Rockslide Engineering Step Sliders on my JLUR. They deploy when the door opens and retract to a position flush with the integrated rock sliders a few seconds after the door closes. They are not cheap (in price or quality) and some of the early adopters of the current generation have had issues. It seems those issues have been corrected, but I can't say for certain you won't have an issue. I've had mine on for about a month now and can't say enough about them. The ease of access they afford is awesome. Getting out of the Jeep seems to be a more fluid and natural motion. They took a beating in Moab a few weeks ago without any issues. To me, they perfectly fit the bill for both looks and function and are worth the price.
appreciated

coachgrinnan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

I will second this. I have had them on for a few months, no trails yet (too hot in Texas). I have the door off package, it allowed you to push a button to open and close the steps while the doors are off. Great customer service. I "thought" I had a step stop working. I has assumed the power button was the door off button. The door off button is black and blends. it turns out someone pushed the door off button, I thought the step had stopped working. They sent me a new part to fix the problem. After it did not work, we talked through more things, thats when I found the door off button.

Sponsored

VolvDL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR / 08 F350
Rockslide Engineering Steps are great. I ran mine for more than a year without any maintenance (lube the hinges, super easy) and had no issues. One step got 'lazy' and slow recently, but fixed it with their recommendations on how to actually take care of them.

RZ.

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 Sport S
Occupation
Blueprints & Tarot
Bought mine with these installed:

https://www.amp-research.com/powersteps

Jeep Wrangler JL Retractable steps for my '19 JL IMG_1208.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Retractable steps for my '19 JL IMG_1226.JPG

They look like total rock magnets: not sure they'll survive any offroading.
On the positive side - they work flawlessly.

Not sure the R.S.E. steps refrenced above (that I hope to 'step-up' to, one day) are as reliable as these.

Mikeviv

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
How wide is the drop down step? Looking to get these, just need to know how wide isnthe drop down step.

Sponsored

howhale

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Mirvek, regarding the Hide A Step, I assume you just step on the tread and the step unfolds and as long as weight is applied it remains open, closing when you step into the cab? No procedure to retract the step, correct? Also, on exiting the cab have you found use for the step to do so or are you unable to use it to exit? Have a shorty spouse and need something to help entry and exit on our 2019 JLUR. Thanks

OP
OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Hello all, I need to pick your brains on function and cost of some steps. I'm having hip surgery and hoping I don't lose my wheeling ability over it? Thanks
Thanks all, settled on the AMP retractable, pics to follow....and love them, thanks again
Sponsored