First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Jeeps have always been overpriced, considering what you get for your money. People keep buying them, so Jeep keeps raising the price. Combine that with inflation and its effect on component pricing, and it is no wonder prices are going crazy. Just remember though, inflation is "only" 8% ;). I seen that on TV, so it must be true.

An example of overpriced Jeeps. My '22 Ram TRX was within $200 of the same price as my '22 392 XR. In case you were wondering, you get far more for your money with the 700 HP TRX, with 14" of suspension travel that can be electronically tuned from in the cab, on the fly, than you do with a 392. Both nice vehicles, and built for different purposes, but much more value for the money with the TRX.
Its not a value at all bc its total cost is "wasted" bc its not a jeep. Had to say it.
But!
Im never not shopping for vehicles- its my target and starbucks. Bad mood= stroll the car lots for the afternoon. And what I see is over msrp on anything that has an upped hp in it. I havent sat in a suv yet that didnt have a msrp of atleast 75k, and most live in the 100ks these days. Wagoneers! 130k? Crazy. Beamers, mbs, their price is comparable with american, sometimes cheaper. Sure the Lincolns and grandma cars are msrp... but reallyyyyyy we all need ample hp and tq to move any of the larger suvs and then you get the over msrp bc of price- shortages and other lame excuses. The big ole ram w the 700 hp wanted 30k over msrp here. Ridiclous. Yet when another dealer (a few states away was called)- he offered the truck for 15 over msrp.
I get that prices increase every year (LV does a 15% increase every year).... but its the over msrp that spins my spoolie. The 10k markup for the 392 still makes me sick to think i paid it. But it was an impulse buy and i was too impatient to order. Im just honest to the guys on the lots- quote me a price and markup, and watch me call every other dealer in the us one by one to find the best deal. And if i have to show a lil leg and flirt to make the deal sweeter- well theres always a foolish manager to fall for it.
Msrp and markups. Total BS. But yearly rise in price is normal.
Sponsored

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I don't worry about inflation anymore. The news told me inflation is good for us unless we're in the top 1%, which i am not, so prices going up and up don't bother me anymore since now i know it is what's best for me. Thank God for news outlets, otherwise i would have been in obscurity and worrying about inflation when i really did not need to.
Take the tinfoil hat off.

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
Its not a value at all bc its total cost is "wasted" bc its not a jeep. Had to say it.
But!
Im never not shopping for vehicles- its my target and starbucks. Bad mood= stroll the car lots for the afternoon. And what I see is over msrp on anything that has an upped hp in it. I havent sat in a suv yet that didnt have a msrp of atleast 75k, and most live in the 100ks these days. Wagoneers! 130k? Crazy. Beamers, mbs, their price is comparable with american, sometimes cheaper. Sure the Lincolns and grandma cars are msrp... but reallyyyyyy we all need ample hp and tq to move any of the larger suvs and then you get the over msrp bc of price- shortages and other lame excuses. The big ole ram w the 700 hp wanted 30k over msrp here. Ridiclous. Yet when another dealer (a few states away was called)- he offered the truck for 15 over msrp.
I get that prices increase every year (LV does a 15% increase every year).... but its the over msrp that spins my spoolie. The 10k markup for the 392 still makes me sick to think i paid it. But it was an impulse buy and i was too impatient to order. Im just honest to the guys on the lots- quote me a price and markup, and watch me call every other dealer in the us one by one to find the best deal. And if i have to show a lil leg and flirt to make the deal sweeter- well theres always a foolish manager to fall for it.
Msrp and markups. Total BS. But yearly rise in price is normal.
I agree with you on all of those points. Just wanted to clarify that I was talking difference in MSRP between the TRX and the 392 being less than $200. Not difference after ADM. Luckily I have a dealer that has never charged over MSRP for any of the vehicles I have bought there.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I agree with you on all of those points. Just wanted to clarify that I was talking difference in MSRP between the TRX and the 392 being less than $200. Not difference after ADM. Luckily I have a dealer that has never charged over MSRP for any of the vehicles I have bought there.
And that dealer is.......

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
Cedar City Motors, in Cedar City, Utah. And if you buy one there, Moab is on the way home.:)

Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Cedar City Motors, in Cedar City, Utah. And if you buy one there, Moab is on the way home.:)
Def taking notes....

MikeyK

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Earl
Congrats on the Dane. Our boy will be 4 in December, currently he goes through 32-40 oz of kibble a day plus treats. His growth spurts were brutal though, as he was going through 60-120oz of food a day during those months.
Mine is 10 and his appetite hasnā€™t slowed at all!!! šŸ’°

MikeyK

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Earl
Mine came in, sticker went up, they told me it wonā€™t change anything (weā€™ll see).

My credit union is still 3.24-3.99%

So Iā€™m not completely worried šŸ˜‰

Jeep Wrangler JL Retail price went up.... by a lot! 5AF196F4-7A22-45C5-A0F8-B0321694DFF5

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Yikes it's still getting expensive. My 18 sport as specced was $37,730. Specced an identical 23' sport and it came out to $40,350. I was telling my girlfriend that we can try to trade her car for a jeep but with the prices the way that they're going is mental.

Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Yikes it's still getting expensive. My 18 sport as specced was $37,730. Specced an identical 23' sport and it came out to $40,350. I was telling my girlfriend that we can try to trade her car for a jeep but with the prices the way that they're going is mental.
Your result of $2,620 over 5 years is similar to my $3,000ish (adjusted for radio upgrade), which doesn't seem too bad for 5 years. Besides the 2.0L and the required automatic, do you have any other options?

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Yeah same here.

If something were to happen to mine --God forbid-- I cannot in good conscience justify buying another JL at these prices. I might have to get a Tacoma [gulp] or a pre-2023 GMC Canyon...
The Tacoma is one vehicle I simply can't stand to sit in. The seats are just bizarrely low to the floor and the headroom is crap.

I say this as a one-time 5th Gen 4Runner owner, so it's not Toyota hate. The Tacoma is simply a torture device for tall/big guys.

If I were buying a midsize truck, I'd probably get the new Frontier. I've owned four Nissans and always liked them. Naturally aspirated V6. 9-speed trans (sadly no manual). The redesign looks sharp. Dress it up with 1990s hardbody knockoffs and it looks terrific (I'd lose the Baja bar on the one pictured).

Jeep Wrangler JL Retail price went up.... by a lot! 1667050210214

Im never not shopping for vehicles
Same.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The Tacoma is one vehicle I simply can't stand to sit in. The seats are just bizarrely low to the floor and the headroom is crap.

I say this as a one-time 5th Gen 4Runner owner, so it's not Toyota hate. The Tacoma is simply a torture device for tall/big guys.

If I were buying a midsize truck, I'd probably get the new Frontier. I've owned four Nissans and always liked them. Naturally aspirated V6. 9-speed trans (sadly no manual). The redesign looks sharp. Dress it up with 1990s hardbody knockoffs and it looks terrific (I'd lose the Baja bar on the one pictured).

1667050210214.png
Yes, I owned a 2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road: I had the same issue with the seat. Iā€™m convinced Toyota designed those seats for chimpanzees.

Iā€™ll pass on the Nissan, though. I was an external supplier of Nissan for seven years and got to see ā€œbehind the curtain...ā€. Letā€™s just say I rather take my chances with a Jeep that fell off the truck... šŸ˜«

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Your result of $2,620 over 5 years is similar to my $3,000ish (adjusted for radio upgrade), which doesn't seem too bad for 5 years. Besides the 2.0L and the required automatic, do you have any other options?
For my sport, 2.0 with etorque was a $1,000 option, trans was $2,000, LSD rear end $595 and finally the hard top was a $1,195 option.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s the sad part, unfortunately many jobs are still only doing yearly reviews, or salary increases which is some cases itā€™s like % of what you make and people are struggling!
You know what was another thing that was put in place as temporary?? Sales taxesā€¦ we all know how that turned out šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜†
I left my last job because they only wanted to give me 7% and I felt I was worth more given the value i created for the company. got offer at another place and couldnt say no.
Sponsored