Retail price went up.... by a lot!

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
And they are going to keep going up rapidly. I know exactly why they're going up as well, but I cannot get into detail on that, as we are not allowed to discuss politics in this forum. Sorry about that.
It's the black helicopters .......
Sponsored

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
And they are going to keep going up rapidly. I know exactly why they're going up as well, but I cannot get into detail on that, as we are not allowed to discuss politics in this forum. Sorry about that.
Donā€™t be sorry. No one wants to hear our opinions about politics. Thank you moderators!

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
If I only knew how to invest as wisely.......

Sponsored

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
I can only imagine what we are missing out on.
Iā€™m sure it would have been an eye opener for global economists with advanced degrees specializing in geopolitics in all corners of the planet and this treasure trove of brilliance would have eventually been quoted in every textbook on geopolitical economics for centuries to comeā€¦.

Anyway, where can I find a $75k lifestyle vehicle that gets 20mpgā€™s on a good day? Thankfully, I make minimum wage, interest rates are up, and I can barely make rent but hey YOLOOOOOO!!! Jeeps look cool!

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Was thinking about selling mine (at crazy price) and buying a new rubi or 4xe last year, but waited. I was at about $65k then, which was a hard pill to swallow. More than that? No thanks. My 2018 V6 has been problem free (knock on wood) and im not super interested to get an e-torque. Ill just wait to see what the next gen brings and be hapoy with my paid off jeep.

food prices are killing us. Weā€™ve had teenage neices staying with us for a little bit and are already a full house. We spend a few rubi payments on food alone each month. Its scary to see how much everything has gone up. I buy two 50lb bags of dog food a month. $5 more per bag overnight! And we have a great dane puppy so we may have to buy food more frequently as she gets bigger.

ive had my eye on RockTrix wheels forever. Just didnt push the button. I noticed the nice price jump at the end of last year. About $200 or so more for a set, plus tax. I finally grabbed them before they go up again.

if youre thinking about a mod/part, dont wait or you may end up paying q bit more.

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
You're absolutely right when talking about business as a whole, and I would agree. My comment reflects things I'm seeing where some companies/industries are maintaining (I also phrased it that way to avoid the corporate greed arguments that inevitably follow).
@Sparty sorry man, but I have toā€¦ć€½GoBlue šŸ˜‚

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
And we have a great dane puppy so we may have to buy food more frequently as she gets bigger.
Congrats on the Dane. Our boy will be 4 in December, currently he goes through 32-40 oz of kibble a day plus treats. His growth spurts were brutal though, as he was going through 60-120oz of food a day during those months.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
@Sparty sorry man, but I have toā€¦ć€½GoBlue šŸ˜‚
:CWL:

No worries - um fans are kinda like Cicadas. They go into hiding for a number of years at a time, and then decide to come out for some reason and make a bunch of noise. They're also very, very annoying. ;)
Come to think of it, I AM seeing a lot more Walmart Wolverines wearing the $5 special gear lately.

In all seriousness, you guys have the edge, but these games are where anything can happen.

Sponsored

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
Jeeps have always been overpriced, considering what you get for your money. People keep buying them, so Jeep keeps raising the price. Combine that with inflation and its effect on component pricing, and it is no wonder prices are going crazy. Just remember though, inflation is "only" 8% ;). I seen that on TV, so it must be true.

An example of overpriced Jeeps. My '22 Ram TRX was within $200 of the same price as my '22 392 XR. In case you were wondering, you get far more for your money with the 700 HP TRX, with 14" of suspension travel that can be electronically tuned from in the cab, on the fly, than you do with a 392. Both nice vehicles, and built for different purposes, but much more value for the money with the TRX.

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
The prices are out of control, I was thinking of trading in my 2021 Sahara 6sp, but when I looked at what a comparable Jeep would be, full stop, just installed a CF2 clutch instead! I can't even get a Sahara with a 6sp now anyway, but a comparable build with the auto is pushing well past 50k, nope keep what I got, she's going the distance. Besides, the days of a naturally aspirated engine without additional complexity, never mind mated to a stick, are nearing extinction so best to hold onto my dinosaur... I honestly am perplexed by how many people seem able to afford these vehicles, my wife and I are a PA and NP, masters in health field, make what I think is a solid living...but what do I know...

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
If I only knew how to invest as wisely.......
Purses. Small investments.
Paid 1800. 2 yrs later... its worth 3500. And i use it sometimes, so its not new anymore. . And yes, I've received legit buy offers at that price. Guys laugh at our purse investments. But if we know what we are buying....
I can sell that purse, make a profit, buy another purse, use it, sell it, keep profit, repeat.
Bottom line... spend smart, know your product. Same with real estate and jeeps. I get offers on my 392 pretty regularly for almost what i paid and put into it. Doubt it will last much longer tho... well until everything is (puke) electric. Anyone else out there purchasing a car, jeep, or suv simply bc you want one of the last full gas vehicles? Cuz im hunting a suv for that very reason.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Purses. Small investments.
Paid 1800. 2 yrs later... its worth 3500. And i use it sometimes, so its not new anymore. . And yes, I've received legit buy offers at that price. Guys laugh at our purse investments. But if we know what we are buying....
I can sell that purse, make a profit, buy another purse, use it, sell it, keep profit, repeat.
Bottom line... spend smart, know your product. Same with real estate and jeeps. I get offers on my 392 pretty regularly for almost what i paid and put into it. Doubt it will last much longer tho... well until everything is (puke) electric. Anyone else out there purchasing a car, jeep, or suv simply bc you want one of the last full gas vehicles? Cuz im hunting a suv for that very reason.
I started investing in purses, my wife called me a h*mo. šŸ˜‚šŸ—½ā˜•

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Jeeps have always been overpriced, considering what you get for your money. People keep buying them, so Jeep keeps raising the price. Combine that with inflation and its effect on component pricing, and it is no wonder prices are going crazy. Just remember though, inflation is "only" 8% ;). I seen that on TV, so it must be true.
I don't worry about inflation anymore. The news told me inflation is good for us unless we're in the top 1%, which i am not, so prices going up and up don't bother me anymore since now i know it is what's best for me. Thank God for news outlets, otherwise i would have been in obscurity and worrying about inflation when i really did not need to.
Sponsored