Retail price went up.... by a lot!

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
It's hitting all industries. Granted, they're (Stellantis) maintaining profits, but suppliers are still hitting big companies with price increase after price increase.

I would hope/expect it to start reflecting the cheaper shipping (oceanic/container) and eventually raw material. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll get away from the increase in labor and that will still stay in the pricing.
100% Truth. This has been the case since 2021 in Industry here in Canada. We're used to seeing vendors add around +2% per year to product costs to keep pace with inflation, since 2021 we're seeing 3-4-5x price increases DURING The year ranging from +5% to +8% PER increase. It's coming from American suppliers as well as overseas suppliers (due to the 1000% shipping cost increases, primarily).

Yeah, we're all phuqued.
Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think we’re at the point where they’re going to keep raising prices to see how much people are willing to pay. When people stop buying, they might stop raising the price.
Depends on who you mean by "they". If you mean the manufacturers (Jeep/Stellantis), then no - they will raise the price to stay profitable based on the cost of goods sold. There is surely some room for movement, but not as much as you think. Don't buy the lie: It isn't "corporate greed" driving inflation, it's Global government mismanagement (meddling in supply chains, picking winners, delaying deliveries of goods, increased tariffs on importers, raising the cost of fuel via stifling growth in that industry, exacerbating fuel costs directly (increased taxes) and indirectly, flooding the market with cash for "stimulation", etc. etc. etc.)

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Depends on who you mean by "they". If you mean the manufacturers (Jeep/Stellantis), then no - they will raise the price to stay profitable based on the cost of goods sold. There is surely some room for movement, but not as much as you think. Don't buy the lie: It isn't "corporate greed" driving inflation, it's Global government mismanagement (meddling in supply chains, picking winners, delaying deliveries of goods, increased tariffs on importers, raising the cost of fuel via stifling growth in that industry, exacerbating fuel costs directly (increased taxes) and indirectly, flooding the market with cash for "stimulation", etc. etc. etc.)
That certainly is a lot of words.
When people STOP buying cars, houses, etc the prices drop. Period. Full stop. Read a book.

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That certainly is a lot of words.
When people STOP buying cars, houses, etc the prices drop. Period. Full stop. Read a book.
Lol. No, when people can no longer afford to buy houses and cars because the cost of producing them makes them unaffordable…. The government steps in, “saves the day”, takes over the industries and sells to the public at set costs. It’s called “Communism”. Read a history book.

gd3mats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2o21 willys sport unlimited
Well, I'm glad we have our '21 Willys Sport Unlimited 2.0L. Just need to get it dirty once that stupid leaking coolant reservoir is replaced by the dealer. The prices of these newer model years are mind boggling, making me want to get out in the dirt/rocks/trails even more than before.

Sponsored

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
I'm not saying material and labor cost haven't contributed to increased pricing, but if your finical services company is holding the bag on countless leases with ridiculous residual values. How would you try to keep demand and price up on used jeeps?

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
When you take the backseat out of your Jeep, you have a lot more room for all those extra bags of money you need for other things like food and gas.

💰 💰 💰 💰💰💰💰💰💰

Jeep Wrangler JL Retail price went up.... by a lot! B992C1F1-A22F-4024-8ED8-074AE3B629F9

Jeep Wrangler JL Retail price went up.... by a lot! 3C39BC9F-9486-4652-ACF7-B7510EFDB430

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
The MSRP for my 2018 JLU Sport with the only option being the Anti-Spin differential was $33,035 when I bought it in April of 2018. Now the same configuration is $36,655 which also includes an upgrade to the 7" radio since the 5" is no longer offered. That's arguably a $3000 difference over 4.5 years, so it must be the accessories driving up the price.

Sponsored

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU

You nailed it 100%!!

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Lol. No, when people can no longer afford to buy houses and cars because the cost of producing them makes them unaffordable…. The government steps in, “saves the day”, takes over the industries and sells to the public at set costs. It’s called “Communism”. Read a history book.

You're right again! At that point in time buying an automobile will be the last thing on your mind as food prices and home buying will leave a ton of people hungry and in the streets. You just have to look at California, whatever happens there usually hits the East coast within 6 months to a year. I was in LA and San Francisco and it's a complete slum! I never saw so much poverty anywhere else as in California! Sure people can stop buying cars, are we going to stop buying food also!!

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Looks like the build of my ‘20 went from a msrp of $53k to now $58k. That’s much less than the inflation rate over the same period.

… and to get the auto trans I’d be forced to also get etourque.

I've got a nice espresso machine and it went up 50% in the same time frame.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The MSRP for my 2018 JLU Sport with the only option being the Anti-Spin differential was $33,035 when I bought it in April of 2018.

Now the same configuration is $36,655 which also includes an upgrade to the 7" radio since the 5" is no longer offered. That's arguably a $3000 difference over 4.5 years, so it must be the accessories driving up the price.
A 2023 JLU Sport configured identically to my 2021 build brings with it a $3.3K increase. Technically, it's a bit higher since the engine block heater option (which I have) isn't currently available.

It's not surprising that the recent two years brought with them observably larger year-over-year growth than what's occurred when rolling in Model Years 2018, 19 and 20.

variableknife

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Wrangler Sport S
I placed my order for JLUR XR a month ago. Soon after the price went up on the website by about 1k for my build. I got my window sticker yesterday, and I was shocked to see the price went up by $2500 approx.. The configurator prices on Jeep website is not accurate and doesn't reflect all of the increases. Almost, every single option went up. That increase is in addition to the increase early this year.
And they are going to keep going up rapidly. I know exactly why they're going up as well, but I cannot get into detail on that, as we are not allowed to discuss politics in this forum. Sorry about that.
Sponsored