JKWMD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon; 2021 JLU Sahara
TO EVERY NEW CRYPTOSTICKERS USER:

Please don't be a douche and enter your order date as the ACTUAL, (or as close as you can recall), day you ordered your Jeep; not doing so screws EVERYONE.
...just saying.
Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
TO EVERY NEW CRYPTOSTICKERS USER:

Please don't be a douche and enter your order date as the ACTUAL, (or as close as you can recall), day you ordered your Jeep; not doing so screws EVERYONE.
...just saying.
Please explain if you don't mind.

OP
OP
JKWMD

JKWMD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure thing,
Cryptostickers has use when those waiting have some idea where their order stands in respect to other similarly dated orders, and to gauge how jeep is progressing in production timing. The problem, many put their order date as the date they started checking their order status, not the build order date. This makes statistical analysis/tracking of build times difficult. If you look at the database, you will frequently see an order date with a build sheet/sticker from the same date - this makes it look like the order was built the same day as the order went in.
This can also lead to frustration as people get pissed when someone "appears" to have put an order in 1/2022 and already have a sticker, when they ordered their Jeep 11/2021, and are still waiting.

Last edited:

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
This can also lead to frustration as people get pissed when someone "appears" to have put an order in 1/2022 and already have a sticker, when they ordered their Jeep 11/2021, and are still waiting.
I see what you're saying but even if the data is entered accurately people are going to get upset because the vehicles aren't built sequentially by VIN. the best way to stop folks from being upset is to blow up crytostickers and that 45/50? page thread where people are comparing shipping info.

OP
OP
JKWMD

JKWMD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have a point, but at least it would be a bit more useful for those of us who already know what you said.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dahacker

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TSX, RDX, 97 Miata, 22 JLUS
Cryptostickers is hopelessly polluted with incorrect order dates.

If cryptostickers would be changed to publish the VIN serial numbers with the last three digits masked for privacy, that would clear everything up. So then when for MY2022, if you saw ….NW101XXX you would know it was an October order and if the user entered in a February order date, you could ignore their entry. You can’t rely on the user to enter the order date accurately.

There was even some clown entering in VINs they found on the dealer website with whatever order date they wanted.

Mikes4xe

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 4xe, 22 4xE HA 10/29 order, still in D
People should enter their correct order date, but there is no clear correlation between Crypto and Jeeps scheduling process.

antman006

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX-5
Yeah, if you want accuracy, you have to eliminate human error. Need to use the VIN Sequence instead of order date if you want true accuracy.

jimmym1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cryptostickers is hopelessly polluted with incorrect order dates.

If cryptostickers would be changed to publish the VIN serial numbers with the last three digits masked for privacy, that would clear everything up. So then when for MY2022, if you saw ….NW101XXX you would know it was an October order and if the user entered in a February order date, you could ignore their entry. You can’t rely on the user to enter the order date accurately.

There was even some clown entering in VINs they found on the dealer website with whatever order date they wanted.
Absolutely 100% a better idea. Hell, when I did mine, I didn't know and entered 11/15 (the day I was on Crypto) and not my actual 10/30 order. VIN 112XXX

Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR
Cryptostickers defaults to todays date when you are creating a new entry to track. You have to actively change the "ordered date" when you are creating the entry, and you are not able to edit it after its created.

The overall process isn't that intuitive, so you are going to see a lot of inaccurate Ordered Dates, doesn't mean the people creating them are Douches... just saying

Sponsored

OP
OP
JKWMD

JKWMD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I apologize for the douche comment; I was in a mood at the time; no excuses; appreciate the call-out

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
If people entered their information correctly, accurately, which is very easy to do, it would be a better tool. The tool is good, it's GIGO, and that's because of stupid human tricks.
Sponsored