Kurtj29

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
New to the forum and Jeep’s. I plan to order my JLUR soon and hope to have it by summer. Are there good resources for off road trail maps and reports on forest roads? Outside Seattle - Washington area from the Oregon border up to Canada. I would like to run some this summer and then become familiar enough to run some in the winter. I come from the Midwest and love 4-wheeling in the snow. Would love to meet up when I get my Jeep. Are there any good groups to join. Located in Redmond, WA. Thanks!
Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
New to the forum and Jeep’s. I plan to order my JLUR soon and hope to have it by summer. Are there good resources for off road trail maps and reports on forest roads? Outside Seattle - Washington area from the Oregon border up to Canada. I would like to run some this summer and then become familiar enough to run some in the winter. I come from the Midwest and love 4-wheeling in the snow. Would love to meet up when I get my Jeep. Are there any good groups to join. Located in Redmond, WA. Thanks!
I’m sure you’ll find lots of groups in your neck of the woods. I’m about 50 minutes from the North Oregon Coast so we have Sand Lake, Florence and Winchester Bay for Dune wheeling and then there is Browns Camp in the Tillamook Forest which has a little bit of everything like rock climbs, mud, hill climbs, water crossing etc and all the mountain snow you could want on Mt.Hood. We do have a cabin at Swift Reservoir by Mt St Helens that has quite a bit of good wheelin’ too. I’m sure you’ll find plenty of good folk to wheel with and maybe I’ll see ya on the trail.

Sponsored

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Just browsed through the link for Oregon and that was awesome. I’ve wheeled many of the trails listed. I live 50 minutes from Tillamook and 2.5 hours from Tygh Valley where we have property. Can’t wait to knock some of these trails off the list.. my family has a Cabin in Washington by Mt.St.Helens and in Oregon we’ve spent decades exploring/camping the Barlow Road and surrounding area east of Mt. Hood. Thank you for the links!

OP
OP
Kurtj29

Kurtj29

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the PNW and Jeeping. Check out my garages for named pictures of places I like to go over here on the east side of the state.
Thanks, I enjoyed your garage pictures, really great shots. Timberwolf Mountain is on the list - looks beautiful. Putting some of the other pictures of your trails on my list. Thanks!

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
Welcome to the PNW and Jeeping. Check out my garages for named pictures of places I like to go over here on the east side of the state.
Great pictures! I'll be buying my JL this summer I live in Moses Lake. What is your favourite trail or drive in eastern Washington?

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Tahuya is fun, some good trails to play on. Nothing too difficult, a stock JL will be able to handle it.

Sponsored

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
Im also in Seattle and looking forward to getting out there! Eventually, when they start building 2 doors...

OP
OP
Kurtj29

Kurtj29

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
In the Seattle, are there any off-roading groups to join? Is the Around the Sound Jeep Club pretty much it? They make you pay a membership fee just to see their posts. I really don't want to pay a member fee before I even understand what the club is about. I am new to off roading so it would be great to go on some group events.

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
In the Seattle, are there any off-roading groups to join? Is the Around the Sound Jeep Club pretty much it? They make you pay a membership fee just to see their posts. I really don't want to pay a member fee before I even understand what the club is about. I am new to off roading so it would be great to go on some group events.
Seattle Jeep Club
http://www.seattlejeepclub.org/
Timber Tamers
https://timbertamers.org/

41 more western Washington jeep clubs listed here:
https://www.pnw4wda.org/clubs.php

SilverSahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I can tell you that out in my neck of the woods, Eastern Snohomish County, don't go anywhere near Reiter Road trail unless you have a SERIOUS off road rig. 6" lift on 35's will still get damaged. The only guys I see heading down that road are guys with massive off roaders on a trailer. Not super helpful but at least you know where not to go.
Sponsored