Sponsored

[RESOLVED] HELP: So, tell me how bad this is...

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I was uninstalling the Teraflex Crankcase Vent system from the Jeep today (been running it for over a year) and reverting back to the stock pvc hose setup while I awaited a replacement (version 2.0) from Teraflex.

Long story short, the rear crankcase vent tube connection snapped when I went to take disconnect it in the rear of the engine. It must have been ready to snap at any point as it just popped off... I'm guessing it twisted itself over time? Like a bottle cap?

Does anyone know if this is a replaceable part or if I'm Uber screwed and need to get a shop involved? I'm not going to drive it without the vent hoses in place obviously.

What's left of the nnipple/coupler in the rear.
Jeep Wrangler JL [RESOLVED] HELP: So, tell me how bad this is... 20220630_171853

The coupler where looking at the attachment point... looks like someone just cut it off almost
Jeep Wrangler JL [RESOLVED] HELP: So, tell me how bad this is... 20220630_171759
Sponsored

OP
OP
redsyphon

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
redsyphon

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Did some digging and looks like part number 68210345AC , but maybe @AllMoparParts.com can confirm. I prefer ordering through them anyhow :)

I'm just not used to this engine I guess and this type of pcv valve. /shrug

Hopefully it comes out without a fight and I can get a replacement in sooner than later. She's on there pretty tight, but I only gave it half an ugga and two curse words for encouragement. More persuasive means will be employed upon new part arrival.

OP
OP
redsyphon

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
redsyphon

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone that might come across this and have to replace the PCV Valve on the 3.6, it's a pain in the ass to twist loose after 4yrs and 40k+ miles of stuck.

I ended up just snapping the retaining tab off, then using that gap to insert a flathead screwdriver against the stub of where the tab used to be and gently encourage it to turn left (clockwise looking at the valve from the firewall) with a deadblow hammer :)

Otherwise, there isn't enough room to get two hands back there to enable enough leverage to turn it.
Sponsored