RESOLUTION!!!! Dealership messed up oil change worried about serious damage

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
thread OP had a case of PFSD
post-forum-stress-disorder

was informed by the almighty google internet that even 1/2 quart overfill would destroy his jeep permanently, and could even be contagious to nearby cars and infect/destroy those as well.
Sponsored

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
thread OP had a case of PFSD
post-forum-stress-disorder

was informed by the almighty google internet that even 1/2 quart overfill would destroy his jeep permanently, and could even be contagious to nearby cars and infect/destroy those as well.
This is a case he lost all his oil not a overfill

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
What a saga! Sorry this happened to you. So many tangents in the thread. I would insist on a long extended engine warranty. I would insist they do oil samples and pay for them for the next half a dozen oil changes. I do not think a compression test is going to tell you anything or that you would find bore scoring with a scope. I agree with those concerned about rod and main bearing damage along with damage to camshafts and their bearing surfaces. This type of damage should show up in the oil analysis. I would have a stipulation in the agreement stating that if wear metal levels in the oil analysis rise or are above the levels of comparable engines, they replace the engine, not attempt to repair it. I would have their feet to the fire on these things insisting nothing less is acceptable. The only other acceptable solution would be a replacement vehicle at a deep discount for your trouble. NO WAY would I just take their word that "everything will be OK". Good Luck
As long as a different dealer or shop did the engine replacement, not the place that has techs put that oil filter in upside down :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Sponsored