Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
This article claims Ford Bronco buyers are more "loyal" and "wealthier" than wrangler owners...
The only Bronco owners I know are youtubers who probably got one for a special deal, maybe even free. And some of them sold their Wranglers to get Broncos so that isn't a good start on being loyal.
Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
This reminds me of the Rav4 vs CRV debate. We all know what is better and which owners are wealthier.

MyWilly

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys Sport
Occupation
Federal Police
HA!! I HAD a Bronco for 6 months and I can tell you, it wasnt a bad vehicle but what made me switch to a Jeep was the money I was paying out. Not to get personal but with a mid grade credit score, my payment was high and I started paying in Feb and for a couple of months I was only seeing 500.00 that went towards it and I said I am done. I got a descent amount over to put on a Jeep and I wish I did this from the get go. I went back on the website and I paid MSRP for that Bronco and they now want 58k for it. The same way I gave it to them for it was just a Base.

Sponsored

LATT5133

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT 350 - 90' Mustang GT - maybe JL Rubicon XR
https://fordauthority.com/2022/06/f...-loyal-and-wealthier-than-wrangler-customers/

This article claims Ford Bronco buyers are more "loyal" and "wealthier" than wrangler owners...
Ill tell you, I was a loyal FORD driver for 34 years. In that time I have driven nothing but Mustangs, F-150's, and a Raptor. I got rid of them all over the Bronco debacle... I am now buying a Jeep! No one wants to deal with a 6 month to two year wait for a new vehicle AND to boot the shorter wait time is if you accept a model with less than the most popular options... I ordered mine how i want it and it is supposed to get built tomorrow!

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
HA!! I HAD a Bronco for 6 months and I can tell you, it wasnt a bad vehicle but what made me switch to a Jeep was the money I was paying out. Not to get personal but with a mid grade credit score, my payment was high and I started paying in Feb and for a couple of months I was only seeing 500.00 that went towards it and I said I am done. I got a descent amount over to put on a Jeep and I wish I did this from the get go. I went back on the website and I paid MSRP for that Bronco and they now want 58k for it. The same way I gave it to them for it was just a Base.
You realize the same thing is happening to your Jeep right now? Banks front load all their loans with the interest. The principal doesnā€™t start getting knocked out until 1-2 years into the term.

dustersjl

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 2 door Willys
Ill tell you, I was a loyal FORD driver for 34 years. In that time I have driven nothing but Mustangs, F-150's, and a Raptor. I got rid of them all over the Bronco debacle... I am now buying a Jeep! No one wants to deal with a 6 month to two year wait for a new vehicle AND to boot the shorter wait time is if you accept a model with less than the most popular options... I ordered mine how i want it and it is supposed to get built tomorrow!
I agree! I was interested in the Broncos minus the IFS, but the jeep was more affordable came with a better out the box setup with a two door Willys, and I could actually get it this year.

Wjsan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Granite
Wait a minute! How are they counting loyalty if the new Bronco is only coming up on itā€™s first full year of production. I can deal with anything for a year, not going to mean a lifetime commitment.

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

"The Bronco has thus far garnered a six percent share of the rather broad Compact Utility segment, trailing the Wrangler just a tad, which still owns around 7-9 percent of the segment. However, S&P notes that the Bronco hasnā€™t necessarily stolen share from the Wrangler, but rather, the Honda CR-V, Jeep Cherokee, and Nissan Rogue have all lost share since the Broncoā€™s launch."

Apples and oranges comparison. The article fails to mention that there are two "Broncos", a smallish SUV based on the Escape that directly competes with the Honda CR-V, Jeep Cherokee, and Nissan Rogue and another version of the "Bronco" that competes with the Wrangler. The "Bronco" is a line of vehicles, the Wrangler is a single model. Good marketing move on Ford's part though, because that's the only way they can beat the Wrangler sales numbers.

If you compare the "Jeep lineup" of vehicles as marketed by FCA/Stellantis against the "Bronco lineup" of vehicles as marketed by Ford, I bet Jeep wins that "comparison".

Sponsored

RemisPaPa

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-350
Occupation
Retired Marine, DoD Civilian
Article says : almost twice as likely to have a pickup in the garage, too ā€“ with around half owning another Ford vehicle of some sort.

So they are not wealthier, they are rednecks.
ā€™Scuse me sir, Redneck is spelt with a capital R. And my ā€œotherā€ car is a 7.3L PowerStoke F-350. But nope, my daily driver is a Gobi Gladiator Mojave. IF it ever gets off the train and to the dealer.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Man, by the amount of butt-hurt Jeep owners it sure sounds like Ford is doing something right.

• Haha
Reactions: F2F

Gregger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLU Rubicon
Well I feel bad for all the Bronco owners. Watch TFL off-road on YouTube and thereā€™s lots of fit and finish issues with the bronco on just the tops alone. Iā€™d be pissed if our wrangler hard tops rattled like the bronco ones do.

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
I knew sooner or later, someone would come up with Jeep owners being "butt-hurt". It's a Wrangler forum, of course we are biased. Not bashing here, but in 1-3 years, the novelty of the Bronco will wear off just as it does with any new model. They will turn into soccer mom vehicles by then. Personally, I think they look like a lifted FJ Cruiser.