First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara/2018 Durango R/T
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
Well, you'd have to be really loyal to wait as long as they do for a Bronco...
And wealthy to pay the huge mark up for them.. and stupid for actually paying it… on a ford lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Well, you'd have to be really loyal to wait as long as they do for a Bronco...
Either loyal, or a total idiot to swallow all the Bronco hype.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
They conveniently glossed over the fact the Bronco owners NEED to be wealthy so that they can afford to fix all the tie rods that break every time they’re out on the trail. 😂

And I’m not sure that I’d be proud to have only taken a bite out of sales from the Honda CR-V, Jeep Cherokee, and Nissan Rogue when their focus was to compete with the Wrangler.

Sounds like a marketing failure to me.

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
OMFG... this is some master level BS crafting here! I'm blown away by just the first paragraph.

Lets translate.

"The Ford Bronco has attracted buyers to The Blue Oval at an impressive rate,"
Translation: Attracted customers but has not satisfied them.

"and its biggest conquest thus far has been its chief rival – the Jeep Wrangler."
Translation: Past tense but not past tense. (this takes skillz)

"With Bronco sales steadily rising along with production numbers"
Translation: When your production is this low, the only way to go is up! We're going up! Woo hoo!!

"
many buyers of Ford’s rugged SUV are paying cash"
Translation: Because they think that might actually help get their Bronco built.

"and adding them as extra vehicles rather than buying a Bronco to replace an existing vehicle."
Translation: Because customers have to actually get a Bronco to replace an existing vehicle, while an ordered Bronco can be added if/when it ever gets produced.

"Thus, it isn’t terribly surprising that new data from S&P Global suggests that Ford Bronco buyers are also wealthier"
Translation: Anyone without money to burn isn't dumb enough to tie up money waiting for a Bronco to be delivered.

"and more loyal than Wrangler customers, too."
Translation: Yeah, you'd have to be loyal to put up with all the Bronco production problems. Loyal to a fault.

So I have to hand it to Ford Authority. This is Master Level. If only they could manufacture Broncos as well as they can manufacture BS.

Apexcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500
Bronco is nice but the loyalty and wealth thing makes sense. You have to be loyal to get a first year new vehicle. You have to be loyal to order a vehicle then wait for years to get it. Your other option is to pay MSRP plus $10,000 or more to get one now so you need to be wealthy. Also, need to be wealthy to gamble on a first year vehicle and also wait for it. You need to be in a position where the vehicle is a want not a need in order to do that. Also, a lot of them were bought just so they could be flipped for a profit. You need to have some money to be able to do that. Finally, lots of dealerships stole customer ordered cars for the dealership owner or their kid, dealership owners tend to be wealthy.

OP
OP
emilboya

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
Nah, I just don’t fall into the tribalism BS that Jeep/bronco owners have to have. They’re both nice and each compliments each other on their weaknesses.
Jokes aside, could not agree more!
Sponsored