Sponsored

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
I’m sorry, I think the Bronco is butt ugly. I’m all about giving something new a fair chance and all, but every time I see a Bronco on the road, it just 100% confirms my decision to buy a Jeep. I was never a Jeep guy until I bought one last year. And I would never trade my Jeep for a Bronco or even put them in the same league aesthetically. Jeep just has so much more eye appeal. The Bronco is an ugly bloated brick on wheels that was apparently never meant for serious off roading. Those who pay 10 or 20k over MSRP for a Bronco should seriously drive right to a mental hospital and get an evaluation. Those ugly pieces of crap will be worth a fraction of that five years from now.
Sponsored

HBDiesel

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler 2018 Tundra 2018 4Runner 69 Chevelle
Ford owners have to be more loyal and wealthy. 😂🤣 loyal to keep purchasing their trash without question and more wealthy to pay for the repairs.
Broncos don’t look bad in my opinion. It was on the table when we decided to replace my wifes FJ cruiser. (229k all trouble free) test drive was rattling enough that the salesman opened and closed the door multiple times trying to make the rattling stop.
Not impressed with the Bronco at all.

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
I traded my fully built Gladiator for a Bronco First Edition to get some of the creature comforts the Bronco had over the Jeep.

IT WAS A F***KING NIGHTMARE. Transmission and 4x4 control module replaced as it failed during delivery while the sales guy was showing me the GOAT modes. First drive was from delivery area to service bay. The problems continued after that - all quality control or design/engineering issues...

Clearly a first year vehicle rushed to market (very slowly). Sold it back before the hysteria died down and bought a Jeep 392.

This article is clearly written with both a healthy dose of bias as well as a lack of journalistic credibility - unfortunate but easy to find on the internet.

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
I traded my fully built Gladiator for a Bronco First Edition to get some of the creature comforts the Bronco had over the Jeep.

IT WAS A F***KING NIGHTMARE. Transmission and 4x4 control module replaced as it failed during delivery while the sales guy was showing me the GOAT modes. First drive was from delivery area to service bay. The problems continued after that - all quality control or design/engineering issues...

Clearly a first year vehicle rushed to market (very slowly). Sold it back before the hysteria died down and bought a Jeep 392.

This article is clearly written with both a healthy dose of bias as well as a lack of journalistic credibility - unfortunate but easy to find on the internet.
Funny you say that, I seen on the 392 FB group something very similar happen with a 392 wrangler. No vehicle is immune to issues espically when they just hit the market.

Sponsored

Dr. Jekyll

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Wow, this thread contains a lot of negativity, like most threads these days. I personally don't have anything against the Bronco or it's buyers, and wouldn't let an article like this affect me or my thoughts on either vehicle. Obviously, the Wrangler is a better rock crawler, but that doesn't mean the Bronco doesn't have its place in the market.

Everyone should understand that this competition is heathy for the market and whichever brand you choose to support. I Love my JLUR and all the priceless memories I have experienced with it, including making many friends on the trail that don't drive what I drive. Who cares, we're all the same community trying to have similar experiences that we can all enjoy. I'm hopeful that Jeep brings some of the features from the Bronco, to Wrangler, not all of them though, (IFS) lol.

I apologize for the rant, just so tired of all the divisiveness that is so prevalent in society. Let's be better humans. Go have a chat with a Bronco owner on the trail, probably not so different.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Ford is lucky that Bronco owners are so loyal. I have an ‘18 Expedition and got this notice just this morning. Essentially, they are removing ALL of the useful features from the Ford app - ie remote start and remote lock and unlock. Those features are now reserved for those who also purchase the subscription to the Ford modem data plan. I called the number and told the rep (super nice guy) that I’d no longer buy Ford products on the basis of this. (He said he’d been hearing from lots of folks like me voicing the same frustration. ). They are removing value from my 2018 purchase. Major fail. I don’t care if all manufacturers are moving this way - it was on offer and packaged when they sold the truck. It would be entirely different had this never been a feature, or not offered in their line-up moving forward. But removing it sucks. So good for them with the loyal base, with BS like this they’ll need it.

EE56535F-B654-42B5-96AC-CAB9DA5EE7E7.jpeg
Wow, that’s almost Tesla-level in terms of screwing the customer over on features they paid for which later disappear and reduce the value of the product.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
Well, you'd have to be really loyal to wait as long as they do for a Bronco...

Naaa, Bronco wannabes are just clueless lemmings that don’t know any better. More power to those fools.

Jeep Wrangler JL Research study: Jeep Wrangler vs Ford Bronco sales, buyers, etc 1654117191134

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Ford is lucky that Bronco owners are so loyal. I have an ‘18 Expedition and got this notice just this morning. Essentially, they are removing ALL of the useful features from the Ford app - ie remote start and remote lock and unlock. Those features are now reserved for those who also purchase the subscription to the Ford modem data plan. I called the number and told the rep (super nice guy) that I’d no longer buy Ford products on the basis of this. (He said he’d been hearing from lots of folks like me voicing the same frustration. ). They are removing value from my 2018 purchase. Major fail. I don’t care if all manufacturers are moving this way - it was on offer and packaged when they sold the truck. It would be entirely different had this never been a feature, or not offered in their line-up moving forward. But removing it sucks. So good for them with the loyal base, with BS like this they’ll need it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Research study: Jeep Wrangler vs Ford Bronco sales, buyers, etc 1654117191134
Toyota tried this with the new Tundra and had to reverse course after much customer backlash.

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Funny you say that, I seen on the 392 FB group something very similar happen with a 392 wrangler. No vehicle is immune to issues espically when they just hit the market.
I don't disagree that it's common with new cars. I have had it happen with other cars. However, none of the others had this much hype, inclusion of massive dealer markup, along with multi-year wait. You'd hope Ford would take the opportunity to refine the product, not deliver sub-par quality on a flagship rollout.

Sponsored

kharland17

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I've had wranglers most of my life, My father in law works at ford, we have a raptor and just picked up a badlands 2 weeks ago. Still prefer my JLU (which i still have) over the fords. Don't get me wrong they're nice and they have strengths.... but they also have weaknesses.

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I’ll buy this bullshit if there’s any data to back this claim after 5 years of production.

As for now, it’s a case of daddy issues…as in the Bronco walked out on these poor kids lives 26 years ago and they are desperate for a chance to reconnect with it, hence the older wealthier buyers 😜.

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
I don't disagree that it's common with new cars. I have had it happen with other cars. However, none of the others had this much hype, inclusion of massive dealer markup, along with multi-year wait. You'd hope Ford would take the opportunity to refine the product, not deliver sub-par quality on a flagship rollout.
It was the perfect storm of Covid, supplier issues, ADM and ford keeping everyone in the dark. The dealers behavior is really messed up and they should suffer penalties. I’ve seen numerous people complain that the dealer added 10/20k on the bronco and if they don’t want to pay it oh well kick rocks. After this a lot more people would rather see a direct to consumer business model. The cheap ass plastic they used is my only complaint. Pretty sad your competitor (wrangler) who came out 3 years before you has nicer quality interior. On the flip side if it wasn’t for ford we wouldn’t have the 392. Jeep was perfectly content with coloring inside the lines and cranking out the 3.6/2.0. They had to do something to steal some interest and it did. TBH if ford didn’t screw me around on building my FE I wouldn’t of ordered the 392, for that I thank them.

Attachments

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
"However, S&P notes that the Bronco hasn’t necessarily stolen share from the Wrangler, but rather, the Honda CR-V, Jeep Cherokee, and Nissan Rogue have all lost share since the Bronco’s launch."​

Maybe that's because the Bronco is in a different category than the Wrangler... 🤔