Sponsored

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
They conveniently glossed over the fact the Bronco owners NEED to be wealthy so that they can afford to fix all the tie rods that break every time theyā€™re out on the trail. šŸ˜‚

And Iā€™m not sure that Iā€™d be proud to have only taken a bite out of sales from the Honda CR-V, Jeep Cherokee, and Nissan Rogue when their focus was to compete with the Wrangler.

Sounds like a marketing failure to me.
Or the recovery fees when the fuel pump takes a dump while out on the trails.

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
I like how they said that people that lease Jeeps have poorer credit scores so they lease. And they also said that Bronco has 6% of the market, which would be great, except they haven't produced enough of them to be 6% of any market I'm aware of.

I've seen precisely 2 in Boise, so far. Or I've seen several identical blue/gray 4 doors, and a blue one.

They're marking them up here just like everywhere else. You'd have to have money to burn and want one really bad to jump on that band wagon. Glad my wife wanted a Wrangler.

There's some things I liked about the Bronco, but watching the release has been eye opening. That was so poorly done, and they've had to do so much damage control, that I can't imagine how poor the actual product support is going to be.

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I ran into a group of them out on the trail here in Vegas. Very nice peeps but they were also almost exclusively new to off roading which lends more weight to them stealing market share from other vehicles, not Wrangler owners who use them as intended. The lead and gunner both had Wranglers AND Broncos in the stable. According to them, the Bronco allowed them to take their Wranglers to the next level while still having a good daily. I will say though, I feel like the hype has died down significantly and they have become just another vehicle on the road. I don't find them attractive but that's why different strokes for different folks. I did pay for a fairly large market adjustment (aftermarket parts) for my JLUR. I think if you add in aftermarket modifications, this study would skew pretty bad. My "market adjustment" is about 30% of the MSRP of my Jeep.

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
However, S&P notes that the Bronco hasnā€™t necessarily stolen share from the Wrangler, but rather, the Honda CR-V, Jeep Cherokee, and Nissan Rogue have all lost share since the Broncoā€™s launch.
Still find it amusing the stubborn Bronco bunch who shoved "tHiS iS gOiNg To StEaL sO mUcH oF JeEpS sHaRe" a million times have quieted down emphatically since the Bronco actually launched :LOL:

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I believe it was in his video for the Toyota Yaris GR, Doug DeMuro said something about that car and the Bronco that stuck out to me. He said wealthy people impulsively buy these cars because they are the "hottest" "must have" vehicle of the moment. But once the get them, they realize they have the standard, boring, crappy Ford/Toyota interior and generally aren't really that nice, so they trade them as soon as the fervor passes.

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
Well, you'd have to be really loyal to wait as long as they do for a Bronco...
Have you driven one? The wind noise and brakes are really terrible. The driving manners are better but the longer wheelbase and IFS it should definitely ride better. Iā€™m only comparing the 2 doors, never driven a 4 door bronco or wrangler. Theyā€™re desirable because theyā€™re hard to get, once theyā€™re more available people wonā€™t want them.

Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Samā€™s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Ford is lucky that Bronco owners are so loyal. I have an ā€˜18 Expedition and got this notice just this morning. Essentially, they are removing ALL of the useful features from the Ford app - ie remote start and remote lock and unlock. Those features are now reserved for those who also purchase the subscription to the Ford modem data plan. I called the number and told the rep (super nice guy) that Iā€™d no longer buy Ford products on the basis of this. (He said heā€™d been hearing from lots of folks like me voicing the same frustration. ). They are removing value from my 2018 purchase. Major fail. I donā€™t care if all manufacturers are moving this way - it was on offer and packaged when they sold the truck. It would be entirely different had this never been a feature, or not offered in their line-up moving forward. But removing it sucks. So good for them with the loyal base, with BS like this theyā€™ll need it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Research study: Jeep Wrangler vs Ford Bronco sales, buyers, etc EE56535F-B654-42B5-96AC-CAB9DA5EE7E7

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
The really great part about a Bronco is that you can hardly find stuff to buy for it.

Owning a damn Jeep means that you have accounts with at least a dozen online aftermarket off-road retailers.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Ford is lucky that Bronco owners are so loyal. I have an ā€˜18 Expedition and got this notice just this morning. Essentially, they are removing ALL of the useful features from the Ford app - ie remote start and remote lock and unlock. Those features are now reserved for those who also purchase the subscription to the Ford modem data plan. I called the number and told the rep (super nice guy) that Iā€™d no longer buy Ford products on the basis of this. (He said heā€™d been hearing from lots of folks like me voicing the same frustration. ). They are removing value from my 2018 purchase. Major fail. I donā€™t care if all manufacturers are moving this way - it was on offer and packaged when they sold the truck. It would be entirely different had this never been a feature, or not offered in their line-up moving forward. But removing it sucks. So good for them with the loyal base, with BS like this theyā€™ll need it.

EE56535F-B654-42B5-96AC-CAB9DA5EE7E7.jpeg
I have an idea!
I'm going to approach my old company about installing credit card swipers for the O2 masks in airplanes. When the O2 masks drop, one of card swipers would fall down and you can either chose to swipe your card or not. We could install those swipers on the lavatories too.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The truth is Ford developed Bronco as a means to attract new customers to the brand. Thatā€™s part of the reason Ford wanted Broncos to be sold in separate showrooms, and why you donā€™t see the blue oval plastered on the vehicle.

If you look at who was posting on Bronco6G, you will see that Bronco originally attracted a healthy proportion of luxury and import owners. But as the the delays and the problems grew, only the most fiercely loyal stuck around. In fact, the longer the delays have become and the quality problems grown, the more you see mostly Ford fanboys buying Broncos.

ā€œLoyaltyā€ in itself is a double-edge sword. On the one hand, it can be a sign that you are doing things right and retaining customers; on the other, it can be a sign that no one else outside your fan base wants anything to do with you.

So for Ford to now be bragging how loyal Bronco owners are, is in reality an admission that Bronco has failed in its intended mission to lure in new customers to the brand.
Sponsored

Last edited: