Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Based on the two almost new Bronco trade-ins on the Roberson Jeep lot in Salem, Ford is attracting customers to the wrong brand. :clap:
Ain’t that the truth.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Someone down my street just got a Bronco. I get to see it drive in and out our cul-de-sac.

I don’t know what engine it has. All I know is it sounds like beer farts...

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
I have a few Jeep tattoos on my arm, so I am bias. The Bronco 2 dr is sharp especially With doors and roof off. But it's not a Jeep. Now if International brought back the Scout...
The bronco looks just like a Scout

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
As an owner of both a Bronco and a Wrangler (JK), I understand the points that are being made here, but to address some of the hate being put toward the Bronco....

- Tie Rod issues: Anyone who wheels an IFS will tell you tie rods are the weak point in the rocks. Just as a wrangler owner might want to bring some extra u-joints on the trail, IFS owners usually carry a spare set of tie rods. Also, most of the tie rod issues are occurring on non-sasquatch broncos that are then lifted aftermarket with bigger tires. The sasquatch tie-rod is stronger and rated for the 35s it runs stock. non-sasquatch are weaker. It'd be like a Wrangler owner putting a 3" lift and 37's on their Dana 30, wheeling it hard, and being surprised when you strip your gears or bust an axle.

- Bronco Owners more loyal: I agree with what a lot of people have said, loyalty needs to be high in order to trust a 1st model year for any vehicle. Wrangler is now on year 5 of the JL.... pretty well tested platform that was not really a major overhaul of the JK. The new Bronco is obviously a MAJOR overhaul of Gen5 Broncos.

- Manufacturer issues: We waited 9 months for our Bronco (4dr Badsquatch). Ford kept us updated throughout the entire process, which was nice. Even threw some goodies at us along the way since they knew it was getting frustrating. Not much Ford could do about the chip shortage, that alone has kept thousands of Broncos from being shipped. The hardtop issues, ya that was Ford's fault. Went with a company that tried to cut corners, and ended up with a bad product. Even the hardtop 2.0 is having issues. We went soft-top, so luckily no issues there for us. Will likely swap it to a Bestop soon anyway.

- Solid Axles better on the rocks than IFS - I agree in theory. In practice, just throwing this out there, if a Bronco pulls a tire because of lack of articulation, but still makes it over the obstacle, is that Wrangler being better than Bronco? Seems to me if they can both do it, no one wins... Ford knew they wouldn't have 4 tires on the ground as often as solid axle, so they focused heavily on balancing the Bronco to handle well with 3 tires. In their Bronco Off-Rodeo, this is literally something they cover, how a well balanced rig with lockers deployed appropriately can just glide through the obstacle. And for the people who are going to say "Jeep can do it without the lockers!"... that's why Ford gave you the lockers, to help make up for lack of articulation. So it's less a question of "can it make it" and more a question of "how does it make it."

In the end, I agree that jeeps can go farther than Broncos... but we'll see how the aftermarket continues to grow and that gap shrinks. Broncbuster vs. LiteBrite vids give a little bit of a preview of what's possible there. And yes, he broke his steering rack in the first one... I'd like to point out that LiteBrite doesn't exactly have stock steering moving their 40" rubbers.

And with all of that... im diligently waiting for my JLURXR, in production now, estimated delivery July 20! See.... I'm a jeep guy!
Sponsored