Sponsored

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Research study: Jeep Wrangler vs Ford Bronco

https://www.bronco6g.com/bronco-vs-...-defection-market-share-and-customer-profile/

This article claims Ford Bronco buyers are more "loyal" and "wealthier" than wrangler owners...
Who cares about Broncos or the people who buy them? I sure don't. They can go ahead and be misinformed and make a poor purchase decision on their own and we don't need to know or hear about it.

Personally, I don't understand why so many people on here are getting so bent out of shape over something that literally doesn't affect you directly in any way. Furthermore, I don't really understand the point of posting articles like this (or anything non-Jeep related for that matter) on this forum.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Who cares about Broncos or the people who buy them? I sure don't. They can go ahead and be misinformed and make a poor purchase decision on their own and we don't need to know or hear about it.

Personally, I don't understand why so many people on here are getting so bent out of shape over something that literally doesn't affect you directly in any way. Furthermore, I don't really understand the point of posting articles like this (or anything non-Jeep related for that matter) on this forum.
An article about JEEP buyer demographics is unrelated to Jeeps? A multitude of articles and videos comparing the competition to the JL aren't Jeep related? I'm not following your logic. Competition is good. It pushes innovation across all brands. The 392 and the XR package are direct results of the Bronco existence period. I'm hoping the Bronco Raptor finally pushes jeep to give us a next level JL mojave with longer travel, coilovers, and hydraulic bump stops. Ideally with the HO version of the tt straight six.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Personally, I don't understand why so many people on here are getting so bent out of shape over something that literally doesn't affect you directly in any way.
Our society as a whole has this issue. Armchair quaterbacks. Ironically, many will NOT get involved in the things that do affect them, or the speech is outright banned (politics).
/rant

I like the Bronco buyers, they are the bizzaro version of us. Seems like they have fun. The smart ones locked in pricing before all the 'market adjustment.'

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
I can't help but wonder how many of the Bronco fanbois are the same bunch that used to crucify GM for switching their 4WD trucks to IFS back in the late 80's.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I can't help but wonder how many of the Bronco fanbois are the same bunch that used to crucify GM for switching their 4WD trucks to IFS back in the late 80's.
They were already ttb by then in the broncos and f150's so it would have been pretty dumb on their part... but they are Ford fans.

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
I’m sorry, I think the Bronco is butt ugly.
I like the looks of the Bronco. Having said that I'm brand new to having a 4WD vehicle. After looking at every aspect of both lines I chose Jeep, and I'm not sorry. But I still think the Bronco looks OK. :)

camo4stealth

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R 1250RS-'20, BMW R 1250GS-'20, Ducati 950SS
Occupation
Taxpayer
I have been a FORD guy for 40+ years. All that I have owned were quality vehicles, with few issues during ownership. HOWEVER, I would not buy a new bronco (owned an '83, killer rig) because of the independent front suspension. Hard off roading requires a solid axle. Note: I did not off road my Raptor because it was too damn big.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I have been a FORD guy for 40+ years. All that I have owned were quality vehicles, with few issues during ownership. HOWEVER, I would not buy a new bronco (owned an '83, killer rig) because of the independent front suspension. Hard off roading requires a solid axle. Note: I did not off road my Raptor because it was too damn big.
Every 6.0 powerbroke owner has a different story to tell. Same with 2012-2015 focus owners with multiple transmission failures. At least the class action lawsuit got the warranty extended to 120k and they repaired it for free twice. The 6.0 got 2 ficm replacements, dummy plugs, stand pipes, stc fitting replacement, a new egr cooler, a new oil cooler, and head studs over the years, all out of my pocket, and something else blew leaving oil in the radiator before I dumped that garbage at a massive loss. 6 years later when I told the wife I was buying a new truck she said "anything but a Ford". The 2017 ram has 105k trouble free miles on it so far.

Greenjeepthing

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport Mojito
Occupation
Retired Automotive Service Manager
I have a few Jeep tattoos on my arm, so I am bias. The Bronco 2 dr is sharp especially With doors and roof off. But it's not a Jeep. Now if International brought back the Scout...

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Either pay 10k over sticker for a bronco or get 5-6% (when I bought my Jeep) to get Jeep Wrangler..

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
Loyal? How many bronco buyers are on their second, third ect bronco? Clearly BS

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
The truth is Ford developed Bronco as a means to attract new customers to the brand. <<snip>>
Based on the two almost new Bronco trade-ins on the Roberson Jeep lot in Salem, Ford is attracting customers to the wrong brand. :clap:
Sponsored