Sponsored

Research for buying first Jeep

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
Well I'm sure you know what they say about men and Rubicons;) Since I'm a woman, a Sport works wonderful for my needs. O wait, I must be compensating for small boobs since I upgraded to the Sport S :CWL:.....
LOL! Idk what they say actually... maybe i should try the search feature.
Well I'm sure you know what they say about men and Rubicons;) Since I'm a woman, a Sport works wonderful for my needs. O wait, I must be compensating for small boobs since I upgraded to the Sport S :CWL:.....
^^^ all that made me laugh. Thank you!
And idk what they say about guys and Rubis.. i am going to guess itā€™s something akin to guys with 6+ā€ lifts on trucks, super swamper tires, parked at the mall and so on.

Jeepinjack66

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Some really wise person on these forums once wrote ā€œno one needs a Wrangler, you get one because you want oneā€.
1st DiabloBlanco made me LOL, that is what our IT manager at work calls me, guess I can be a pain in his @ss, mostly its part of a mutual respect we have for each other and some constant busting of each otherā€™s chops. I digress.
more than likely no one on here ā€˜needsā€™ a Wrangler, we wanted them. From that logic no one ā€˜needsā€™ a Rubi, if we got it, we wanted it. I wheel frequently and push mine pretty hard, did i ā€˜needā€™ a rubi? Nah. Did I wanted one? Yep! So thatā€™s what i got. You should do the same = get what makes you smile when you walk up to it. No one is going to make the payments except you, what those payments go towards should make you smile.
2nd if the prices are close Sahara vs Rubi Iā€™d go rubi why? Because it was what i wanted, easy enough decision making process for me.
3rd wheeling in Florida the stock rubi tires might do better in mud vs. the Goodyearā€™s on the Sahara = wont need tires off the jump.
TLDR version: get what makes you smile, no one ā€˜needsā€™ a Wrangler or trim A, B, or Cā€™. But, sounds like you want one and that is enough, make sure to get the want that you want! And enjoy!
Underneath your post only had a "like" button. I decided to respond to tell you that I LOVE your response. :clap: well said

OP
OP
DiabloBlanco

DiabloBlanco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Thanks again for the responses, all! You guys and gals are awesome :D

I see what I did wrong on the prices between the Sahara and Rubi. I forgot to include the Auto transmission upgrade on the Rubi. So the Sahara was correct at $44,714.90 but the Rubicon should be $47,483.03. So a difference of $2768.13. Makes more sense now. That being said, the difference in car payments would be about $40 per month between the two. For that small of a difference, the Rubi is making more and more sense.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Do you really need a beautiful wife? Would just a mediocre one do, right? That's why I intend to get a Rubicon. Will I ever use it's full potential? Maybe, maybe not. But, that's what I want.

Beautiful Rubicon you have there by the way!
I have a beautiful wife and a Sport.

Pretty damn happy over here.

Whatā€™s your point?

Parispete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2 Door Rirecracker Red
Occupation
Highway inspector
I just bought a Rubi on Saturday 6/15/2019. I did research as well and came to the conclusion that if I went with a sport and built what I wanted I would have spent more than a Rubi. I search dealers and ended up with one in Coatsville, PA. Courtesy Chrysler Donge Jeep. As for Kate and she dropped to its lowest price, told me to pay 100 bucks and join Tread Lightly and saved $350.00 more added sales tax and a 3.34% interest rate and Boom done. She is 1.5 hrs away. I went to the dealer here in York and no way they were coming off their price. I walked and went elsewhere. So between York price out the door and Coatsville out the door was $7,411.00 difference. I am in my 60ā€™s and saved to put over half down. My payment is $341.00 a month. The resale on a Rubi is great! I will keep it stock for now and am working on a trailer to pull behind it to go camping and visit old friends. I have them in the mountains and by the sea. Canā€™t wait to get it. Oh it has everything except the side alarms and the 8.4 screen. The discounts were due to being a member of this form and joining Tread Lightly that is environmental for land and water. Check it out

Sponsored

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Beetle 2003, Sahara 4 door Silver 2020
I need some advice, Army veteran here.
Iā€™m READY to purchase a 4 door Sahara, researched until my head hurts. Joined this group. Secured a car loan and have a 10 K down payment. My problem? Iā€™ve called and emailed at least 5 different dealers. One had the EXACT car with options I want, however, with my loan I can only go through 3 dealerships to keep the low interest rate and they have been very unresponsive. All they want me to do is go into dealership! Iā€™ve explained ad nauseam I just want a quote. But out of the 5 only one has my specific vehicle. Why are they insisting I go into dealership? What am I missing, should I just contact the dealer that has the specific vehicle and forget about the lower interest? Iā€™ve been trying to get the darn car for a month. Some dealerships say I need to come in BEFORE they give me a quote.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m READY to purchase a 4 door Sahara, researched until my head hurts. Joined this group. Secured a car loan and have a 10 K down payment. My problem? Iā€™ve called and emailed at least 5 different dealers. One had the EXACT car with options I want, however, with my loan I can only go through 3 dealerships to keep the low interest rate and they have been very unresponsive. All they want me to do is go into dealership! Iā€™ve explained ad nauseam I just want a quote. But out of the 5 only one has my specific vehicle. Why are they insisting I go into dealership? What am I missing, should I just contact the dealer that has the specific vehicle and forget about the lower interest? Iā€™ve been trying to get the darn car for a month. Some dealerships say I need to come in BEFORE they give me a quote.
Have you considered ordering your Sahara and getting it built exactly how you want it? That could open up some options for you.

Sting Ray Rubi

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray, 2018 Honda Accord
Vehicle Showcase
Some dealers are of the old school thought, that once you come in and see the vehicle and drive the vehicle, you will not leave without it. Therefore they feel they can make more money.

Stay away from them, order exactly what you want from one of the recommended dealers on this forum. Get a quote up front, and less hassle.

crystalbackJL

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
On my last Jeep purchase, everything was negotiated via text and email. I literally walked up and drove off in less than two hours.
One of the best purchasing experiences I ever had.
Not sure if you can buy out of state, however if you can look up Lakeland Jeep (Florida).
*** I texted the salesman what I wanted and he looked all over the state and had my Jeep delivered to their dealer site ***

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Beetle 2003, Sahara 4 door Silver 2020
Have you considered ordering your Sahara and getting it built exactly how you want it? That could open up some options for you.
Hmmmm, how would I go about doing that? Ordering I mean. Thanks for replying
Sponsored