Sponsored

Resale value on gas Jeep with new emission laws

First Name
Ant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Sahara
I am about to buy a new Jeep any month now, so exciting! I just can’t decide on if it makes any sense to buy a gas 2024 Sahara with all the new emissions restrictions and my state being one of the states limiting gas jeeps on lots.
I’m not sold on the 4XE yet but does anyone have any insight on if I will have a hard time trading in a 2024 gas Wrangler in about 4 years or will it greatly effect the jeeps awesome resale value. I just don’t think everyone will be fully electric in the next 5 years.
Sponsored

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Probably not a good idea to buy a Jeep with resale value being high on the list. Nobody knows what the future holds. The value could skyrocket, or it could tank.

Dusty Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Ply Roadrunner, 2010 Challenger SRT
Buy what you want and forget about it. Gas or hybrid won’t matter. You won’t have a hard time trading it in unless you have a rotten dealer.

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
Why do you think you'll be trading in your new jeep in the next 4-5 years?

Sponsored

NWJeepr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR
Welcome to the forum. Spectacular first post ;)

Buy what you like and drive the wheels off of it. Some people really shouldn't even be buying green bananas, but they do anyway. 4xe or gas, someone will always want to buy a Wrangler. Don't worry about EV stuff, it's not fully here yet and won't be for a while.

OP
OP
First Name
Ant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Sahara
Sorry I didn’t clarify fully. My fear is buying a gas Jeep at a time when it seems gasoline vehicles are quickly becoming a thing of the past and in the event hybrid/4XE becomes the majority of “new standard” I don’t want to be stuck with a gasoline only Jeep and not able to resell.

I’m really only interested in buying a gasoline Jeep and plan to keep it and make mods until the wheels fall off or until the world goes all electric. Just don’t know how soon that will be or ever. Wondering if new Jeep buyers aren’t concerned about it or if some are going 4XE for that reason.

OP
OP
First Name
Ant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Sahara
Welcome to the forum. Spectacular first post ;)

Buy what you like and drive the wheels off of it. Some people really shouldn't even be buying green bananas, but they do anyway. 4xe or gas, someone will always want to buy a Wrangler. Don't worry about EV stuff, it's not fully here yet and won't be for a while.
This helps a lot ! Thank you

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Knowing my luck, they'll outlaw new gas vehicles and the price will skyrocket. Then wisely holding onto my soon-to-be rare petrol Wrangler (no lowballs, I know what I got!), they'll limit or outlaw the sale of gasoline and I'll have a 5,000lb paperweight.

Probably not, but who knows these days.

Electrified

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Technology is always changing and if we are always waiting due to fear of the future we would never do anything.......says the guy with the gas guzzling 392.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I never thought about that possibility! Interesting 🤔 thank you
Or maybe the next generation breakthrough in batteries and electric motors could be production ready in 5yrs making the current ones Obsolete and not worth Sh!t……I’m keeping my guzzling 21 392 forever unless they ban gas which is highly unlikely in my lifetime. They could manipulate gas prices to unaffordable as a DD. Then I get an EV errand runner and enjoying my Jeep/ V8 “Fix” as needed. 😊

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Gasoline will be in production for decades to come. Go ahead and by the non hybrid if that’s what you want. My prediction is that it will retain a high amount of value for years to come. And if hybrid only becomes standard, then gas engine models will become as valuable as FJ Cruisers are today, especially the V6 powered ones.

That’s just my opinion based on decades of seeing used prices on cancelled popular vehicles remain high or increase. Wranglers have always been desirable and nice used ones sell quick, very nice ones sell in a day or two. When those very nice ones are traded at dealers, they usually never make it to the lot.