Sponsored

Required parts for 2.0 vs 3.5 inch lift

Jrauck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ
If the JL is similar to the JK, is there any extra parts that are required for the 3.5 inch lift over the 2.0 inch lift?
For instance I know with the the 2.0 you won't need brake line extensions, SYE, custom drive shaft, ect. But what about a 3.5 inch lift?

After learning the hard way, I purchased a 3.5 inch lift/larger tires for my 06 TJ after 4 wheel parts told me I wouldn't need anything extra over the basic lift. After having issues with my suspension I needed an SYE, custom drive shafts, ect which cost me more than I was expecting to spend at the time.
Sponsored

wesbowhunts

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
that would highly depend on the kit you buy and what they include or dont. you shouldnt need a custom driveshaft as that issue looks to be fixed on jl.

OP
OP
Jrauck

Jrauck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ
that would highly depend on the kit you buy and what they include or dont. you shouldnt need a custom driveshaft as that issue looks to be fixed on jl.
Gotcha, with the JK do you know if that was that an issue with majority of the kits?

wesbowhunts

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Gotcha, with the JK do you know if that was that an issue with majority of the kits?
i didnt own a jk, a tj was my last jeep. from what i saw though the issue was the driveshaft came in contact with the crossmember or exhaust making you need to either extend the exhaust pieces to move it or get a smaller diameter driveshaft. they have rerouted the exhaust on the jl.

OP
OP
Jrauck

Jrauck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Ohh okay, I think with the tj the biggest issue was with the angle of the pinion. If you had a lift higher than 3 ish inches it would force the drive shaft to start binding. In turn you would have to buy control arms to change the pinion angle, which would force you to buy an sye and a different length drive shaft.
Sponsored