kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Wondering if Jeremy had the Peddle Commander and it went POOP.
While nothing is impossible I'd say this scenario is unlikely. A simple Google search will tell you if the product has ever experienced a sticky accelerator in any other vehicle.
Sponsored

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
I don’t know who Jeremy/American Jeeper is but I can only assume he is going through a lot right now.
Experienced or not people make mistakes. I pinned my brother against the wall of my garage with a cj7 I was resto modding 4 days before his wedding when I fired it off and it was in gear.
My brother was fine, just shook up and his legs were bruised, and I still have a scar on my arm from the hood slamming down on it (jumping the solenoid), but I still think about it to this day and I still think about how bad it could have been.
I wish everyone involved a speedy physical and mental recovery.
I personally think it’s tacky to turn this into a thread about insurance coverage.
This would, however, be a great time to share personal cautions to those new jeepers who have safety questions.
Safety on the trail pointers
1. Keep something between you and the wheeling Jeep. A tree, a rock or another vehicle if you can.
2. If you are driving and don’t feel comfortable with a obstacle, spotter or bystanders then say so. Take your time. Nobody reasonable will be upset.
3. The skinny pedal is responsible for more damage to the vehicle than anything else on the vehicle.
4. Winches are massively dangerous
5. Hi lift jacks are way more dangerous than winches
6. Safety is the responsibility of everyone on the trail. Trail guides, spotters, drivers, spectators and anyone else. So everyone needs to pay attention.

OP
OP
kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot going on I would imagine but it would be nice going forward given the gravity of the event to have some type of moderation on the trails as big as they may be.

My basic understanding is RRFW's run a pretty tight ship.

Any other run whether vendor or otherwise I'm sure they have knowledgeable people to assist and spot, but I'm guessing they're basically self governed and each person is probably responsible for themselves.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
I like jruss' pointers...though I'd argue in terms of rollovers and such, the brake pedal is far more likely to wreck your shit than the accelerator.

Beyond that, I'll say this. Been doing the extreme rockcrawling thing for a few decades now....and bystanders are ALWAYS getting too close to vehicles when they shouldn't. Some are just spectating, some are trying to spot, some are trying to help and add ballast to vehicles to make an obstacle, keep it from getting body damage or just keep it from rolling over (or rolling it back over onto its wheels after it's already flopped).

I'm not at all arguing this stuff shouldn't be done. BUT, people should be responsible for their decision to put themselves in harms way (not at all blaming the woman here either....just putting out another perspective about spotters that may take a more active role). I've been a bumper monkey on many an occasion. I understand/understood the risks...and someone's willingness or wanting to help out is admirable in my book....but they have to also realize the danger in which such actions place them. They also need to make sure the driver knows they are where they are at and have their permission to be doing what they are doing.

What I don't want to see is some stupid ass rule making that says no one can ever get near a vehicle while it's working an obstacle. People need to exercise common sense. Yes, freedom and liberty are dangerous. Life is dangerous. Bad things can and do happen, but that doesn't mean b/c those things could happen that they will or that we should never do X (whatever X happens to be this week). Absolute statements and rules that are too rigid seldom make everyone safer.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
You're not alone in wondering how he ended up like that. Truthfully all of us can arm chair quarterback the hell out of this, however unless someone who was there weighs in on what they personally witnessed there is not a lot of value to guessing. As far as brake failure, while possible I'd say unlikely.
I'd be surprised if someone did not video it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There had to be someone videoing?
Possible, but no guarantee. Not every aspect of every run is video recorded and even if there was, there's no guarantee it will be publicly shared.

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Possible, but no guarantee. Not every aspect of every run is video recorded and even if there was, there's no guarantee it will be publicly shared.
In fact, I think it would be extremely distasteful to actually share it. Just hope he is getting all the help he may need and I wish the woman all the best with recovery.

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all, I tried several times today to go through the thread in its entirety and due to calls and other distractions related to this situation, have still been unable to finish. It seems like some posts were moved or deleted. I have tried to respond to those who have reached out to me individually, but want to be respectful of the group and anyone I may have missed and communicate some of my thoughts.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has sent warm wishes, prayers, and offers for help in a variety of forms. I am so grateful and very humbled by the tremendous amount of support that has been shown from not only forum members here, but the Jeep community as a whole.

I’m certain there are a million questions, some of which may never be answered. There is quite a bit of misinformation going around that unfortunately I am not in a position to correct presently. As you can imagine there is a lot going on with this, and feel it best to leave it at that for the time being as I work through things, try my best to stay positive, and cope with the aftermath.

Again, many thanks for being so kind and understanding given this difficult time for all involved.

Jeremy

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Hello all, I tried several times today to go through the thread in its entirety and due to calls and other distractions related to this situation, have still been unable to finish. It seems like some posts were moved or deleted. I have tried to respond to those who have reached out to me individually, but want to be respectful of the group and anyone I may have missed and communicate some of my thoughts.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has sent warm wishes, prayers, and offers for help in a variety of forms. I am so grateful and very humbled by the tremendous amount of support that has been shown from not only forum members here, but the Jeep community as a whole.

I’m certain there are a million questions, some of which may never be answered. There is quite a bit of misinformation going around that unfortunately I am not in a position to correct presently. As you can imagine there is a lot going on with this, and feel it best to leave it at that for the time being as I work through things, try my best to stay positive, and cope with the aftermath.

Again, many thanks for being so kind and understanding given this difficult time for all involved.

Jeremy
Jeremy, that is awesome news! Glad you are doing good and have a positive outlook. If there’s anything you need don’t hesitate to ask. I’ve enjoyed your videos and was sadden it was you. Hang in there bud!

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase

Jeremy
Jeremy,

I don’t know you personally but wish you the very best thru this difficult time, my prayers and well wishes for a speedy recovery for all involved in this terrible event.

Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid

Jeremy

And frankly, it's none of our business. Glad you're okay, sorry about the Jeep and glad the woman is recovering.

Good luck with all of it...I'm sure it's weighing heavy on you regardless of how it happened.

Best wishes,
Sean

Ricmcd

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2006 TJ Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrical Contractor
Can you please point out and quote the individual who has said this? I must have missed it.

I’ve read through every page of this thread and have only seen (1) negative post towards AJ.

Everyone else has been supportive.

It’s big news in our community, it’s an open forum, I think it’s natural to discuss what happened. I’ve read through all the posts and have noticed nearly everyone being supportive.

It’s like finding out something almost unbelievable and saying I forbid you all to speak about it lol

Again, everyone that’s posted in here has expressed their concern.
My post was about the instant jumps to “bystanders are way too close” then the Lawyer add, then I saw a post saying he was inexperienced... just a you tuber, doesn’t make him an expert crap etc, it appears the moderators have either deleted or edited some of the posts. Good for them, this clearly was an accident and they all need full positive support. We are all like minded people and on the same team...Sorry if I offended you, but like I stated I have been following this very closely as I am on my way to Moab as we speak. I just hate the blame game!

mowaoutlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jetta GLI Autobahn
My Dad got high-centered on Sevenmile Rim (LOL) and gunning it was never a thought. There was no other alternative but for me to pull him out. Glad everyone is "ok" and I'm interested in more accounts on this.

Megsxr750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Gsxr750 ,2014 Mazda6,and a 2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Both parties are ALIVE and that is what really matters, the facts will come out eventually and everything will be sorted out. You have a lot of support here, hang in there bud.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban

Jeremy
From one Kansan to another, wishing you and others involved a fast recovery both physically and emotionally.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.