Not open for further replies.

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
It’s HIPAA. Next time you go to the dr office check what they have around the office. More times than not it’s HIPPA which is incorrect. I’m sure the office people love me but having me sign a document that is supposedly a legal agreement and is written incorrectly bothers me.

Brett
Yea, my mother is a Legal Nurse, she deals with this all the time.
Sponsored

jeepnjam

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
In that situation it does not. It’s like bringing Mustang to the track and crashing into a wall.
It depends. My agent has informed me that my vehicle (not mods) are covered while off road so long as I am not competing in a competition. So if I total my vehicle I’m covered from the stand point of settling up with the Bank and get back any equity I have in the vehicle not including mods. Good enough for me, I accept the risk. I would totally use my insurance if I backed into a tree on a trail - why else you paying for it?

Also hope Jeremy and anyone else that was involved have a speedy recovery.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
It depends. My agent has informed me that my vehicle (not mods) are covered while off road so long as I am not competing in a competition. So if I total my vehicle I’m covered from the stand point of settling up with the Bank and get back any equity I have in the vehicle not including mods. Good enough for me, I accept the risk. I would totally use my insurance if I backed into a tree on a trail - why else you paying for it?

Also hope Jeremy and anyone else that was involved have a speedy recovery.
Well that's not so bad then. I'm pretty sure most of his mods are provided by sponsors, so he might not be too bad off there. I'd be more concerned about liability for the injuries, wonder how that's gonna go.

jeepnjam

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well that's not so bad then. I'm pretty sure most of his mods are provided by sponsors, so he might not be too bad off there. I'd be more concerned about liability for the injuries, wonder how that's gonna go.
Most insurances carry coverage for bodily injuries and property damage. So I think that would be covered. I’m no attorney but would imagine that the EJS event probably carries insurance too.

However this could also be a circumstance where the bystander assumes the risks off being out there...i.e. were waivers signed, etc.

No matter about this stuff though - the important thing is that we all learn from this and that everyone involved recovers as quickly as they can!

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
I said it before, any person who goes as a bystander to one of these events should be responsible for him or herself. Yes, people sue each other for stupid stuff every day.
You walk across the city street and get run over, sure, because laws apply there and there are lines and roads and signs. You go to the desert to an event like this, there are no signs, no traffic laws and no roads. There should be no damn lawsuit. I just hope everyone survives first of all, then makes a recovery and know how much we care here on JLWF.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
While many do, not everyone sues. My grandfather was 94 years old and tripped over an improperly placed welcome mat at a restaurant and broke his hip. He had an easy case and had attorneys badgering him over it, along with some family members who were seeing green. He refused to sue. He said he loved the restaurant and thought highly of the manager. He said, "I'm a 94 year old man. I was going to trip over something at some point, anyway." He wound up unable to heal and passed away a short time later. Some in the family were disappointed at a lost opportunity. The rest of us were proud and thankful to have a principled man as a grandfather.

Maybe this won't wind up as a worst case scenario, both in terms of health outcomes and legal outcomes. That's my prayer.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I don’t want to put his business out there as I’m sure he will chime in when he can but for anyone curious, Jeremy (American jeeper) just texted and said that he will be ok and appreciated all the thoughts and prayers. Said it’s been a tough week as anyone can imagine.

That’s the latest greatest. Bad deal all around and something we can all learn from and hope it doesn’t repeat

Brett

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
While many do, not everyone sues. My grandfather was 94 years old and tripped over an improperly placed welcome mat at a restaurant and broke his hip. He had an easy case and had attorneys badgering him over it, along with some family members who were seeing green. He refused to sue. He said he loved the restaurant and thought highly of the manager. He said, "I'm a 94 year old man. I was going to trip over something at some point, anyway." He wound up unable to heal and passed away a short time later. Some in the family were disappointed at a lost opportunity. The rest of us were proud and thankful to have a principled man as a grandfather.

Maybe this won't wind up as a worst case scenario, both in terms of health outcomes and legal outcomes. That's my prayer.
Grandfather sounds like a bang up man typical of his generation. Unfortunately broken hips are very very hard to recover from at his age but I’m sure you cherish all the time you got to spend with him. Greatest generation of all time

Brett

CO_Mojito

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Turbo Mojito
Occupation
IT Enterprise Systems Architect
Vehicle Showcase
This is not a sanctioned event as far as I know, it’s just people all showing up. There is no sign up, sign in, even on trail rides with companies. I would assume You are on your own just like if you went 2 weeks from now. Hopefully everyone is ok and it all works out. Horrible to happen for sure.

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
After hearing this and watching some wheeling videos, i am just amazed this doesn't happen more often. I sometimes see spotters in front of vehicles and people running away when a jeep clears an obstacle. This really makes you think.,..

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Grandfather sounds like a bang up man typical of his generation. Unfortunately broken hips are very very hard to recover from at his age but I’m sure you cherish all the time you got to spend with him. Greatest generation of all time

Brett
Yep
I don’t want to put his business out there as I’m sure he will chime in when he can but for anyone curious, Jeremy (American jeeper) just texted and said that he will be ok and appreciated all the thoughts and prayers. Said it’s been a tough week as anyone can imagine.

That’s the latest greatest. Bad deal all around and something we can all learn from and hope it doesn’t repeat

Brett
He strikes me as a strong person, so I believe he'll get through this. I'm glad he knows we're all pulling for him.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
After hearing this and watching some wheeling videos, i am just amazed this doesn't happen more often. I sometimes see spotters in front of vehicles and people running away when a jeep clears an obstacle. This really makes you think.,..
Spotters are usually watching, though, and are poised to get the heck out of the way. At least that's how I am when spotting for someone. I've always got an escape path in mind. I've been to Moab twice, including the Easter Jeep Safari. Many times spectators are not paying attention to crazy stuff going on right in front of them.

While I love the Jeeps and hoopla, I prefer running the trails when few people are around. There are fewer things on which to focus.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Brett
This is great news, thanks for sharing, hopefully the woman that was hurt is doing ok as well.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Safety is the job of everyone driver included. It's a sad ordeal for everyone involved. I wont speculate what happened because I wasnt there but if he did go full send I would hope he checked his surroundings for people and or other obstacles if they were close.

We dont know where the bystander was at so I wouldn't go placing blame on any one person.

I'm not sure if he had a spotter but when I'm spotting someone I've also told people on multiple occasions to stand back because they could be in danger where they're at.

On another note when I was working the arc finals I saw a rock bouncer throw a football sized rock over 30 feet and nail a photographer in the leg. Sometimes you just dont see it coming.

Hope everyone involved has a speedy recovery. Its truly sad to hear about something like this.

jeepnjam

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is not a sanctioned event as far as I know, it’s just people all showing up. There is no sign up, sign in, even on trail rides with companies. I would assume You are on your own just like if you went 2 weeks from now. Hopefully everyone is ok and it all works out. Horrible to happen for sure.
Easter Jeep is a restricted to the Jeep brand.

https://www.jeep.com/jeep-life/easter-jeep-safari.html
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.