kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
I pondered the same theory.

Experienced those power issues twice now. Most recent time was Saturday.
So I've heard this referenced a few times in this thread. What exactly is the "power issues" and when does it occur?
Sponsored

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
Clearly, what is needed here is more self-righteous scolds telling others whether, what, and when to post.
The shortage of such guidance seems to be getting filled up right smartly lately, though.
Can never have enough self-righteousness ;)

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
OH MY GOD PEOPLE. please read what I have been saying over and over and over and over. I am NOT questioning the decision for air transport. I don't care what your anecdotal reasons you have seen or heard for air transport. I WILL REPEAT IT ONE LAST TIME FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DO NOT READ THE ENTIRE POST. All I was questioning was the DESCRIPTION OF THE INJURIES in one of the later posts. I was not there and I have no idea what actually happened to the lady so I cannot definitively argue for or against what the people on the ground decided to do. If air evacuation in not medically indicated then the bill will come to the accident victim because ins will not cover it. I have had to have peer to peer conversations to get patients transported via ground to higher care. So for the last time it was the description of the injuries that I was questioning NOT whether she should or should not have gotten the helo ride.

Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
OH MY GOD PEOPLE. please read what I have been saying over and over and over and over. I am NOT questioning the decision for air transport. I don't care what your anecdotal reasons you have seen or heard for air transport. I WILL REPEAT IT ONE LAST TIME FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DO NOT READ THE ENTIRE POST. All I was questioning was the DESCRIPTION OF THE INJURIES in one of the later posts. I was not there and I have no idea what actually happened to the lady so I cannot definitively argue for or against what the people on the ground decided to do. If air evacuation in not medically indicated then the bill will come to the accident victim because ins will not cover it. I have had to have peer to peer conversations to get patients transported via ground to higher care. So for the last time it was the description of the injuries that I was questioning NOT whether she should or should not have gotten the helo ride.
Thanks, for making it clear yet again that this is ALL ABOUT YOU, to you.
If we fail to understand your intentions, well...it will all be horrible.
Get over yourself.
This ain’t about you.
At all. Just shut your self-obsessed piehole.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
Thanks, for making it clear yet again that this is ALL ABOUT YOU, to you.
If we fail to understand your intentions, well...it will all be horrible.
Get over yourself.
This ain’t about you.
At all. Just shut your self-obsessed piehole.
See here is my example. I stated many times that I was not questioning the decision for the air evacuation but that the injuries were more severe than the latest update indicated. Did not address what I said but takes a personal shot. Why? Why would someone quote my post and then talk about something completely different from what I was saying? Doesn't make sense to me but maybe some of you guys can explain it to me? I'm going to go ahead and finish this here.

My dad taught me a very valuable lesson early in childhood, "never argue with idiots because outsiders cannot tell who is who."

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I guess we will have to leave it to others, as to “who is who” then, by your father’s standard.
One of us jabbers on incessantly about himself, and the other does not.

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
I am curious as to why she was air evac if she did not sustain potentially life threatening injuries. I’ve been in medicine for a while and I have never had or even heard of a patient getting a helo ride for a fracture. There are complications from fracture that can threaten the limb but there really is no way to test for compartment syndrome in the field.
I thought I would quote myself so that you can see that all along I deferred the medical decisions to the people on the ground with the accident victim. Even a semi literate person can see that over and over I did not attempt to question why the decision was made but over and over people would quote what I said and then talk something I didn't say or imply. then when your argument runs out of steam...let's call names.

A compound fx is a reason for air transport. Unless things are different in Utah you do not deploy your air assets for the comfort of the victim. If your helo is picking up a closed fx and a person has heart attack whoever sent the bird for the broken leg is going to have to answer for why the second patient died
I guess I need to be more clear what I am questioning. I know what is and is not a life threatening medical situation and when air evac is indicated. So since she was taken to a trauma center via air and according to he FB post she has already had two sx. So I am more inclined to think that is was a much more serious incident than the latest account.
That’s what I was saying. The latest account of the event was somewhat of a benign description of the mechanism of injury. Although I am sure it sucks getting rolled over by an aired down JL in and of itself doesn’t seem like a life threatening situation. My whole point is that something bad happened and whoever made the call to EMS communicated in well enough that the person in charge decided on helo evac. I’ve seen more than a few patients leave and arrive to the ED via helicopter and none of them have been a simple closed fracture. I am in primary care now and trying to get back into Emergency Medicine. I have applied to two Level 1 Centers in the past couple weeks.
I wasn't trying to throw my experience around. The story about me trying to get into a Level 1 center ED is more of a point of pride. There aren't many of those around. And I read the lady's FB post and she had already been to the OR twice to get "put back together" so I am in no way saying she didn't need air evacuation because the obviously did.

Glad you guys are smart I've been on my phone and I just noticed I need to up my proofreading game!
If you rupture the femoral artery ON the helicopter it is very bad news. My biggest concern for her injuries if it was indeed a closed fx is compartment syndrome, which is limb threatening. It is very easy to spot, everything will look like a normal closed fx but the patient will be in excruciating pain. Compartment syndrome is when the vessels inside the muscle fascia rupture and since the fascia is so tough the bleeding will eventually build so much pressure that it works like a tourniquet an if the facia is not opened the resulting ischemia will kill the limb. If I was sitting with my feet on my desk and you called and said that a lady was run over by a Jeep and she has been screaming in pain I'd send you a helo too! Two years ago one of the Nashville Predators players was injured in the second period that resulted in compartment syndrome of his quadriceps muscle and he somehow managed to finish the game and overtime before goin to the ED at Vanderbilt. He had an emergent fasciotomy that night. And I am proud to say that it was a fellow PA that he saw that night...not me but someday it will be.
Once again I agree with the decision for the air evac. I was referring to the rather benign description of her injuries and implying that the description was understating the severity of her condition. Shock can be treated in the field and in transport with fluid resuscitation. Shock is defined as a lack of perfusion and is classified as Hypovolemic (ex: blood loss or sever dehydration), cariogenic (ex: by cardiac arrest), obstructive (caused by pulmonary embolism or cardiac tamponade) and neurogenic (ex: spinal cord injury). Considering the mechanism of injury if the latest account of a closed fracture the biggest things to consider are compartment syndrome, pulmonary embolism or spinal cord injury. With an accident like this that will gather a crowd and the volume of people at Moab for EJS I would bet a decent amount of money that someone with medical training was on site and knew what they were seeing and communicated it to EMS who made the call for air evac. My argument about asset allocation was in reference to asset allocation in the area. A pt in pain is not life threatening and the decision to dispatch your aircraft could bite you in the butt if another emergency occurs in your area. So I contend that she did indeed have much more serious injuries than the latest update suggested based on the fact that she was transported via helo and she already had two surgeries within two days of the accident.
See here is my example. I stated many times that I was not questioning the decision for the air evacuation but that the injuries were more severe than the latest update indicated. Did not address what I said but takes a personal shot. Why? Why would someone quote my post and then talk about something completely different from what I was saying? Doesn't make sense to me but maybe some of you guys can explain it to me? I'm going to go ahead and finish this here.

My dad taught me a very valuable lesson early in childhood, "never argue with idiots because outsiders cannot tell who is who."

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Clearly, what is needed here is more self-righteous scolds telling others whether, what, and when to post.
The shortage of such guidance seems to be getting filled up right smartly lately, though.
In this thread apparently we do. This is the most fucked up thread I’ve read in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.