First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I think we can all agree that this thread has gone... off-road.

I'll see myself out.
Yeah, I keep telling myself that, but I keep on clicking.
Not because I’m interested in the pissing match. One simple stroke on the “ignore” button solved that, as suggested by a wise man some time ago. Martindfletcher, as I recall.
I keep checking in because I am concerned for the people involved.
I bet that’s the case for most of us. Hope so, anyway.

Rural Applachia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon Unlimited 2018 JLU Sport S
I would rather doubt insurance will cover the victim or the Jeep. Offroading would imo require a special endorcement.

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
Not a very forgiving bunch .. :facepalm:

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
I am curious as to why she was air evac if she did not sustain potentially life threatening injuries. I’ve been in medicine for a while and I have never had or even heard of a patient getting a helo ride for a fracture. There are complications from fracture that can threaten the limb but there really is no way to test for compartment syndrome in the field.

Last edited:

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
They call it like it is over there. No worries about hurting anybody’s feelers. Pro tip. Don’t start a thread over there about the Jeep wave.;)

A wealth of off-roading knowledge and rig building though.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I am curious as to why she was air evac if she did to sustain potentially life threatening injuries. I’ve been in medicine for a while and I have never had or even heard of a patient getting a helo ride for a fracture. There are complications from fracture that can threaten the limb but there really is no way to test for compartment syndrome in the field.
Because there is no getting emergency vehicles even remotely close. And it takes a personal vehicle hours to get off the trail. Life threatening or not, the only way to avoid multiple hours of abuse and discomfort in a vehicle off the trail, is air. Not to mention, the closest hospital is Grand Junction, 1-1.5 hours away. Shock will set in, even with a compound fracture.

OP
OP
kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Pirate doesn't have the motto "We eat our own" for nothing. Over there, if you don't have a thick internet skin, you won't survive.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
They call it like it is over there. No worries about hurting anybody’s feelers. Pro tip. Don’t start a thread over there about the Jeep wave.;)

Glad you posted. I was put off by the first couple of posts in the link, but on your recommendation, I’ll give it another look.

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
Pirate doesn't have the motto "We eat our own" for nothing. Over there, if you don't have a thick internet skin, you won't survive.

I was being polite, I remember when that forum started. There is a home (forum) for everyone;)

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
Because there is no getting emergency vehicles even remotely close. And it takes a personal vehicle hours to get off the trail. Life threatening or not, the only way to avoid multiple hours of abuse and discomfort in a vehicle off the trail, is air. Not to mention, the closest hospital is Grand Junction, 1-1.5 hours away. Shock will set in, even with a compound fracture.
A compound fx is a reason for air transport. Unless things are different in Utah you do not deploy your air assets for the comfort of the victim. If your helo is picking up a closed fx and a person has heart attack whoever sent the bird for the broken leg is going to have to answer for why the second patient died

Rural Applachia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^Criminally, probably. Civilly, it's anyone's guess. Our adversarial system may force the parties (even if they're both reasonable people) to paint AJ as the big, bad motorhead adrenaline junkie while the victim was just a poor innocent waif of a bystander. If she's got kids they'll play that card, too, because for some reason we think it's doubly atrocious if a headline reads "Mother struck by..." vs "Woman struck by..."

I'm not saying any individual person here is bad - that's the point -- by the time the attorneys and insurance companies take up their OPPOSING sides AJ and the victim will have nary a say in what's actually said or alleged.

All they can each do is work to repair their lives and ignore the circus

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Absolutely true. I don’t know that particular trail, but I know the country. Never mind the pain the victim would be in on the ride,but from the call to the rescue vehicle arriving, to reaching pavement again, to 100 miles to GJ for competent care, probably 8 hours minimum. Nonstarter.

Rural Applachia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Years ago I was involved in a strange work related accident not covered by workmens comp. The home owner did not want to pay. They thought they had no liability. My health insurance ended up paying and sued the crap out of the home owner and my insurance got back what my medical was and i still got a large settlement from home owners insurance.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.