Not open for further replies.

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
I think that was me unless someone else yoinked it and posted it somewhere else. Included the red and blue areas that were in accordance with the other pic on here:

aaypUz1.jpg

Interesting to see the 'designated' path marked by the tire rubber and how following it instead would have made this incident all but impossible. Something went sideways in a hurry. I had the impact site a little further down based on the roundness of the rock outcropping there and the vegetation in the crack a little up and behind the Jeep. Standing anywhere downrage on that fin was either going to end up in getting hit or falling into a crack trying to avoid it.
If you look at the satellite I posted, you will see I think it is unlikely he made it to the end, cause he would have to have done an IMMEDIATE hard left and right into the crack, which doesn't seem likely. He could have been going up and bumped it and flew on top out of control, jerked the wheel and went hard left off the edge of the rock and then towards the crack. No one knows.
These are excellent points and exactly why we could really use more information. The YouTube video posted is also an excellent reference. Those drivers seem to be navigating these obstacles properly and I don't see any way they could have ended up in the same spot as this accident (someone please let me know if I missed some evidence to the contrary). Knowing how this accident happened would be a powerful PSA regarding the necessity of doing research before hitting a new trail so drivers know what obstacles are coming and how to handle them.

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
IMHO no bodies wrong. Just someone in the wrong place at the right time.

Now for what I really think....If your in the path of a vehicle ......get the hell out of the way. Darwin always wins.

Think people didn't mommy say get out of the middle of the road???

OP
OP
kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab

Yup, at the point where actually residents can’t afford to live in town because real estate has gotten out of control because of the rental market. We were told last year they were trying to set aside a land for a new development on the edge of town (just outside it) that would forbid vacation rentals to keep investors out and housing costs affordable.

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Another thing to consider, did getting hung up on the obstacle cause damage to anything under the Jeep related to brakes or steering?

Sponsored

OP
OP
kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Another thing to consider, did getting hung up on the obstacle cause damage to anything under the Jeep related to brakes or steering?

While anything is possible, it’s not likely. It was mentioned previously he was high centered which means the belly of his Jeep was hung up on something and the wheels were having difficulty getting traction.

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
Yup, at the point where actually residents can’t afford to live in town because real estate has gotten out of control because of the rental market. We were told last year they were trying to set aside a land for a new development on the edge of town (just outside it) that would forbid vacation rentals to keep investors out and housing costs affordable.
Ok, totaly off topic here, but this was the role of "Redlining", the banks would zone out neiborhoods and not loan to any buyers, preventing competitive bidding, and thereby keeping the neiborhood both poor, and affordable.

Now that redlining is banned, the complaint is about "Gentrification", which is what happens when people with jobs move in and renovate run down properties.

Ok, /soapbox

Been wanting to get that one off my chest for a while now.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Unfortunately this is what happens. A couple idiots turn into many idiots and then eventually enough get pissed, find local politicians to listen and soon the event will be over or reduced to nothing. Sad really that people can’t just be normal and enjoy this great event and area.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So Moab is getting like Sturgis
So Moab is getting like Sturgis SD? But with Jeeps, not motorcycles.
Dude is acting like it’s Hell Angels out their painting their town red lol The article, if you’d call it that, made the guy sound like a complete lunatic.

Chukronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
he would have to have done an IMMEDIATE hard left and right into the crack, which doesn't seem likely. He could have been going up and bumped it and flew on top out of control, jerked the wheel and went hard left off the edge of the rock and then towards the crack. No one knows.
Or, he could've made a hard left trying to avoid a bystander. That could've been how she was hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.