Report: Towing Near Max Rating.

MetalguyH

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hey, just wondering how the trailer is doing? I am seriously looking at their 24bh Model and I have the same JLUR as you but a manual. Not worried about the weight, and the sloped front looks like it would be a huge benefit at highway speed. I really like the trailer, just wanted to know how yours is holding up.

thanks for your time!
Sponsored

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) Rubicon - 2020
Hi all! I upgraded travel trailers to one that loaded is near 3500lbs and 350lb hitch weight.

I'd like to report that I've pulled it about 60 miles so far through flats and hills. The jeep does better than expected. Maintains 60mph in hills without revving/down shifting too far.
Acceleration is not bad at all either. I know it's back there but it's not stressful.

I got a load distribution hitch which greatly reduces squat due to the load. (Pics to prove it!)

I'll be towing this rig 900 miles to Tennessee tomorrow. I'm guessing fuel stops will be every 3 hours or so as not to push it. Wish I could add capacity.

20180712_182945.jpg
20180712_183012.jpg
20180712_182953.jpg
Damn, I was coming back to look at this post. I was thinking that the photos were before the WD hitch. Did you ever figure out a way to get level? I have a Winnebago 2100BH and it's very similar spec to yours. Dual axle, 3700 lbs with 430 tongue.

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) Rubicon - 2020
Hey, just wondering how the trailer is doing? I am seriously looking at their 24bh Model and I have the same JLUR as you but a manual. Not worried about the weight, and the sloped front looks like it would be a huge benefit at highway speed. I really like the trailer, just wanted to know how yours is holding up.

thanks for your time!
I've not heard great things about the company - I would maybe look at the Winnebago 2100BH, which is similar just not as dark. Dual axle.

MetalguyH

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I've not heard great things about the company - I would maybe look at the Winnebago 2100BH, which is similar just not as dark. Dual axle.
Yeah after looking more into it, I was not impressed with what I heard about the company.

The Winnie is on my short list, actually the 1700BH model. Also the Wolf Pup 16bhs and the Palomini 177BH. I gotta just get out and see them in person. Next step for me will be to rent one locally and tow it around just to ease my mind. I’ve towed a ton in the past, just not with my JLUR.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hi all! I upgraded travel trailers to one that loaded is near 3500lbs and 350lb hitch weight.

I'd like to report that I've pulled it about 60 miles so far through flats and hills. The jeep does better than expected. Maintains 60mph in hills without revving/down shifting too far.
Acceleration is not bad at all either. I know it's back there but it's not stressful.

I got a load distribution hitch which greatly reduces squat due to the load. (Pics to prove it!)

I'll be towing this rig 900 miles to Tennessee tomorrow. I'm guessing fuel stops will be every 3 hours or so as not to push it. Wish I could add capacity.

20180712_182945.jpg
20180712_183012.jpg
20180712_182953.jpg
Beautyful set-up. I was looking at the Falcon F22 and im on the fence but I am very glad you posted this threat. I'll have to switch over to the 7 pin connector to take advantage of the electronic braking system. please keep us posted on how well this model works with your JLUR

Sponsored

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

20180712_182945.jpg
20180712_183012.jpg
20180712_182953.jpg
Nice rig. I would strongly suggest adding anti-sway bars to the set up. Easy to do and will help with gusty winds and tractor-trailers buffeting when they pass you. When towing we Jeep our speed to about 60 mph to help prevent trailer sway and improve fuel mileage.

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
Then you should have asked him why the grand Cherokee has a higher tow rating despite having a shorter wheelbase. Can't be the wheelbase based on that.
Chevy Tahoe has a shorter wheelbase too.

SteveVDBH

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL

20180712_182945.jpg
20180712_183012.jpg
20180712_182953.jpg
Hi there- Can you tell me how this has gone since you posted this update? Any issues with the Jeep Towing this trailer? I have the same set up but it looks like this trailer GVW is 3900 lbs. Is that what yours is? Can. You tell me how your trip was when you went to Tennessee?
Thanks
Steve

SteveVDBH

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Still gotter! Still loving it .
20190331_191702.jpg
Jeep tows it awesome! Been back and forth from TN to TX to AL to Tx and TX to TN right now. It's a quality trailer with no issues.
Hi Skye- I just saw this and wanted to know after a few years if you are still towing this trailer and if you have had any issues with the Jeep etc. and if you still recommend this trailer?
Thanks
Steve

XanaXand

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Bikini Moab Edition
I've searched all over and cannot find a definitive answer from anyone that can confirm if they safely and securely towed a NuCamp TAB 400 trailer with a newer 4 door Wrangler. Lots of TAB 320 posts though.

Anybody aware of anyone confirming using a JLU to tow this camping trailer?

Thanks all!

Sponsored

sgterik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon

thanks for your time!
I tow a F24BH with my 21 JLURD and it does great. I get 17mpg average as well. I am actually thinking of going a bit heavier as it does well. Trading in the F24bh and getting a No Boundries 19.8. Or at least thinking about it if my wife lets me

sgterik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
I tow a F24BH. I have the Diesel and get 16mpg with a lot of hills on the way out and in. (Phoenix to Flagstaff is my usual path) Handles great, and brakes do great with a controller.

trailer.jpg
Sponsored