First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
When the Pentastar was designed it was designed with a turbo in mind. I don't know why they didn't ever offer it. Reduce the CR use some solid rotating assemblies and throw a good turbo on it with DI and it should be a beast.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
That
When the Pentastar was designed it was designed with a turbo in mind. I don't know why they didn't ever offer it. Reduce the CR use some solid rotating assemblies and throw a good turbo on it with DI and it should be a beast.
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/future-straight-six-engine-is-big-ram-and-jeep-news/

This article from November claims:

"The development of an entirely new six-cylinder application was said to have been kicked off after direct-injection tests on the Pentastar V6 proved disappointing. Chrysler engineers decided an entirely new six-cylinder engine would need to be developed."

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
That

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/future-straight-six-engine-is-big-ram-and-jeep-news/

This article from November claims:

"The development of an entirely new six-cylinder application was said to have been kicked off after direct-injection tests on the Pentastar V6 proved disappointing. Chrysler engineers decided an entirely new six-cylinder engine would need to be developed."
Very interesting. I missed that when I read the article before. I guess that they have axed all of the original plans that they had for the Pentastar other than the Maserati version that they only produce in limited quantities. Seems a shame as I could see the potential that the engineers developed into it. We were supposed to get a turbo version around 3.4L and there were even rumors of a V8 and later a twin turbo version of that 3.4L and a turbo version of the V8. Woulda, coulda, shoulda...

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Why does everyone hate on the YJ?
It was designed when AMC was going under and it was truly a parts bin special. Some things were an improvement over the CJ, but it is generally considered by most to be not as good as the CJ. I still remember rebuilding that POS Peugeot transmission on the barracks room floor after my roommate lost reverse and second in his Jeep.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
The turbo I6 prototype is a stretched GME 2.0L which makes sense as they've invested a lot into that engine, and modern plants to produce it.

Sponsored

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Any new updates on this? I’d be very happy with an I-6 with forced air or a factory offered Pentastar with forced air.
Sponsored