Sponsored

Replacing front Bumper/fog lights

Goober

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL
I’m replacing the front bumper on my JL. My question is how do you get the stock fog lights and wiring out of the stock front bumper or should I leave them and just order new fog lights for the new bumper?

With the fog lights having only one connection, the wiring between the two fog lights doesn’t seem like it’s easily removable.
Sponsored

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
You have to take the plastic bumper cover off once the entire bumper is off of the JEEP. Really simple and completely reversible.
Push style pins hold the cover on behind each fog light, remove them and you will see the 4 screws (7mm socket)holding each fog light to the bumper.
There are at least 20 sheet metal screws(7mm socket) around the perimeter of the bumper cover. Remove those and several push style fasterners and the plastic bumper cover will come right off. You will then see the harness and can remove it.
Much easier to use stock fog housings and wire harness than to fab a new harness up.
It is a lot of screws to remove but with a cordless screwdriver this is a 10 minute job.
I've done it 3 times, the first time it took less than 10 minutes, the subsequent times barely took 5. Definitely worth the effort.

mdallas

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M50i, BMW X5 40i, JLU Sahara
Search YouTube. Couple of good how tos on there.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Search YouTube. Couple of good how tos on there.
there isn't any about JL bumper removals. Can you please provide a link?