tdoga2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Hey all:

I am ready to change the differential gear lube in my 2018 JLUR, 22k miles. The Jeep has a 3" lift. (Bought it used with it installed by the original owner.)

I just watched a video online of a JK getting a differential fluid change (and new diff covers) and the guy said if you have a lift, your axle "pinion angle" has probably changed and you run the risk of not being able to get enough fluid into the pumpkin.

Has anyone else run into this? Do I need to consider this? If so, how have you worked around the issue?

Thanks very much.
Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
If the differential cover is perpendicular to the ground still (i.e. not angled towards the pavement) then you’ll be fine. If the cover is angled down, try to find a curb or some race ramps to back up on to get the angle back to 90 degrees relative to the flat ground.

OP
OP
tdoga2

tdoga2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
If the differential cover is perpendicular to the ground still (i.e. not angled towards the pavement) then you’ll be fine. If the cover is angled down, try to find a curb or some race ramps to back up on to get the angle back to 90 degrees relative to the flat ground.
Thank you! That's exactly what I ended up doing. (ramps)
Sponsored