gr1m

First Name
Dainius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2019; Wrangler JK 2010
Hello!
I have a Sport JL 2.0 with M186 Front Axle / M200 Rear Axle (Front is broken). Finding a new front axle is tough where I live, however, I could get my hands on 2.2D rubicon axles (I think they are Dana M210 Wide Front Axle / Dana M220 Wide Rear Axle).

Would it be possible to replace one or both axles on my Sport with ones from mentioned Rubicon?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
@Rudolph Hart may be able to shed some light on this as ā€œRubiconā€ doesnā€™t mean the same thing in Europe as it does in the US. I believe they will bolt in but have no idea what Rubi axles are there. Could be wide, narrow M186 or M210 for the front, or M200 or M220 for the rear.
Edit to add donā€™t know what gear ratio will be in a 2.2 diesel either.
Gregj

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
@Rudolph Hart may be able to shed some light on this as ā€œRubiconā€ doesnā€™t mean the same thing in Europe as it does in the US. I believe they will bolt in but have no idea what Rubi axles are there. Could be wide, narrow M186 or M210 for the front, or M200 or M220 for the rear.
Edit to add donā€™t know what gear ratio will be in a 2.2 diesel either.
Gregj
Hi Greg, yes we get the M210 front and the M220 rear but theyā€™re not ā€˜wideā€™ like the US Rubi..hereā€™s the spec from the U.K. brochure...
E8579547-DDFC-4BFE-A362-889FF592819B.png

OP
OP
gr1m

gr1m

First Name
Dainius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you very much for the answers. As far as I understood replacing the axles with Rubicon ones shouldn't be a problem.

Sponsored

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I did it and have no regrets, it's the most bang for the buck by far. If the 4.10s and elockers suit you needs, then it's a no brainier. Just keep in mind the brakes are different so get complete axles with brakes as your sport brakes won't swap over. And the flex brake lines on the front are specific to the Rubicon, your sport hoses won't work with the Rubicon brakes either. Also, you will need the harness for the lockers. Problem is they are expensive and I could not find a less expensive alternative.

VLOmgVI6IwC8GcIz3xTOLrzI2AHXaP7zc05wtxE2loGIRbPRzjAgGkpqYPZWJtQGNofP5NIYi0z2efXC3Hw=w850-h638-no.jpg

vfEhlzJ2-baihOfxswxKqMnyEMzDoEoGRQlc4I8vwh-DYA5d4C2YVgl9hpWwwTFV-lOjV_ZxTXzez3vWl9w=w850-h638-no.jpg

zyQlliJXzu4ekUG6ElB1oaqEUn0VwZvnYMha_8eUthMpuUKAtj8pny9h5xR_AYDCU5hH76vJOSD8NlnDEbA=w850-h638-no.jpg

OP
OP
gr1m

gr1m

First Name
Dainius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did it and have no regrets, it's the most bang for the buck by far. If the 4.10s and elockers suit you needs, then it's a no brainier. Just keep in mind the brakes are different so get complete axles with brakes as your sport brakes won't swap over. And the flex brake lines on the front are specific to the Rubicon, your sport hoses won't work with the Rubicon brakes either. Also, you will need the harness for the lockers. Problem is they are expensive and I could not find a less expensive alternative.
Thanks for the info! Besides brakes, brake lines and wiring harness did you need any other major components? No problems with driveshaft or transfer case? I don't fully understand all the "Command-Trac and Rock-Trac" differences yet, trying to learn them at the moment.

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info! Besides brakes, brake lines and wiring harness did you need any other major components? No problems with driveshaft or transfer case? I don't fully understand all the "Command-Trac and Rock-Trac" differences yet, trying to learn them at the moment.
No issues at all. As far as I know, the axles won't care which type of drive system you have.

OP
OP
gr1m

gr1m

First Name
Dainius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the answers! Just brought home two rubicon axles. Gonna swap them very soon. Those things are massive though :whew:

Sponsored

Stolar13

First Name
Łukasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport S 3,6 - 2dr
Hi How much costs this axles in your country? Is it with control arms ?
I will do the same but now I'm waiting for My Wrangler, it is in transport from USA.

Please send the info when you have any trouble.

OP
OP
gr1m

gr1m

First Name
Dainius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi How much costs this axles in your country? Is it with control arms ?
I will do the same but now I'm waiting for My Wrangler, it is in transport from USA.

Please send the info when you have any trouble.
I actually bought them in Poland. It's very hard to find any JL parts in Lithuania.

https://allegro.pl/oferta/most-przedni-jeep-wrangler-jl-2019-dana-41x11-7809155179
https://allegro.pl/oferta/most-tyl-tylny-jeep-wrangler-jl-rubicon-dana-41x11-7753419466
15000zl (3500Eur) total. Asked them to include all the control arms and brakes like showed in photo and they agreed.

Stolar13

First Name
Łukasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok I see that auction, I'm from Poland...:)

Will you use the lockers? You have the idea how to connect it in Sport version?

OP
OP
gr1m

gr1m

First Name
Dainius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok I see that auction, I'm from Poland...:)

Will you use the lockers? You have the idea how to connect it in Sport version?
I'm planning to use them, and it was mentioned that you need a special wiring harness. Haven't searched for it yet.

Stolar13

First Name
Łukasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good I try to find it and I found in Ebay some wire but I think it is not complete instalation in Rubicon, only connection to axle and wire. I think it is connect to CAN bus and central computer in car.
I think how to connect directly and do dedicated switch in interior for each axle.
I think about changing swaybar and do the full of Rubicon, but I think about it later when I fix my Wrangler.

Maybe some one else did it in this forum and help us?

Do you have instalation schemat of Rubicon switch lockers and swaybar.
Sponsored