Replacing Alpine Sub with Aftermarket using same housing

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Thanks for the tip. I am trying to re-use the stock sub enclosure and that sub won't fit and the shallow mount needs .65 cu feet and the factory enclosure is 0.5.
Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
According to Jeep the enclosure is 16l which works out at .0565 cu ft.

MB Quart give a recommended size of 0.65 cu ft for that sub so could work in the slightly smaller enclosure. Not sure that I've seen anyone use one yet though. Most have gone with the JL 10TW3.
And they seem to be not available. Would be nice seeing as they were going for less than $100.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Thanks for the tip. I am trying to re-use the stock sub enclosure and that sub won't fit and the shallow mount needs .65 cu feet and the factory enclosure is 0.5.
Amazon has the amp https://www.amazon.com/NA2-400-1-Co...1792130&sprefix=mb+quart+400.1,aps,128&sr=8-3

There is no way the bass out of the stock enclosure will ever sound better than a box. I messed around with the stock enclosure for a while, filled the holes, sound deadening, built the opening out as some have done here and it just did not give me the deep bass I was looking for. Originally I was worried about giving up the space but I can always just fold down the seat and push the box forward towards the driver seat.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Got the amp on my list. Going to get the quart system installed first and go from there.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The outside Alpine trim piece with the screws comes off easy and it is what I reused with the JL sub. The Alpine woofer is attached to the enclosure with front facing screws and a center/rear attached machine screw. I removed those and chucked the Alpine. I then attached the JL sub trim ring to the original Alpine trim ring, the installed everything back into the enclosure
Is this as easy as you make it sound? Remove trim ring, remove alpine sub, reattach trim ring, and mount JL sub onto trim ring?

Sponsored

SouthValleyPerformance

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022? Rubicon
Really nice job with the adapter and that install. Honestly, I'm surprised you can get very good sound with the factory Alpine enclosure because it is so flexible and too small for that woofer. That JL stealthbox is made really well out of fiberglass specifically for that woofer. B ut I always like seeing dual woofers.

Apologies if this it too much info....Based on the amp you have, you have a greater chance of underpowering your woofers with high distortion that you do overpowering them. Distortion is a far worse enemy to your woofer than too much power. It's important that you set you gains properly using an O-scope or distortion detector so you aren't overdriving your amp. You definitely should not be smelling any burning.

A dual voice coil sub does not perform better than the same sub with a single voice coil. Dual voice coil subs are intended to give you wiring options. For instance, 2-ohm dual voice coil sub can be wired as 1 ohm or 4 ohms to match your amp. In my set-up I have two dual 2 ohm woofers wired to 4 ohms each, then combined to 2 ohms to match my amp. The woofers handle 600 watts each but my amp will do 1500 watts into 2 ohms. So a little more power than they can officially handle, but the gains are set so there is no distortion at full volume.
Love it when I see folks give advice that know what they’re talking about! Kudos sir.

OP
OP
treyman

treyman

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara Black on Black on Black
for anyone following this thread, i pulled my full system out and it's for sale. Amp pro, amp, subs, JL Audio Stealthbox, the custom mounting bracket, all wiring etc. the whole deal is plug and play and ready to go, i have approx $2,500 into it. selling for $1,500 buyer pays shipping via my fedex account. can provide shipping estimates as needed.

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
for anyone following this thread, i pulled my full system out and it's for sale. Amp pro, amp, subs, JL Audio Stealthbox, the custom mounting bracket, all wiring etc. the whole deal is plug and play and ready to go, i have approx $2,500 into it. selling for $1,500 buyer pays shipping via my fedex account. can provide shipping estimates as needed.
are you nuts LOL that's a lot of work you just did what are you moving onto

OP
OP
treyman

treyman

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
are you nuts LOL that's a lot of work you just did what are you moving onto
sold my Jeep, the buyer wasn't interested in paying additional for the subs. so I removed them.

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport
If you're considering splitting any of it up and have a drivers side stealth box, please feel free to PM me what you want for it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
treyman

treyman

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey, im piecing out my sub system... selling the following -
PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 - $200
Driver side JL Stealthbox and JL 10TW1-2 - $750
JL 10TW1-2 and custom adapter ring to fit in Alpine box - $350
Rockford Fosgate TM750X1BM (marine rated) - $350
Located in North Atlanta, also willing to ship (buyer pays cost)
will sell the whole setup for $1,500
PM me if you are interested in any of these parts.

OP
OP
treyman

treyman

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pricing update, I still have all these parts.
I’m piecing out my subwoofer system... selling the following -
Driver side JL Stealthbox with sub JL 10TW1-2 - $650 without sub $450
JL 10TW1-2 and custom adapter ring to fit in stock Alpine box - $300
Will sell the ring by itself for $100
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ub-with-aftermarket-using-same-housing.54580/
Rockford Fosgate TM750X1BM (marine rated) - $300
will sell the whole setup for $1,200

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

madkins1868

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Pricing update, I still have all these parts.
I’m piecing out my subwoofer system... selling the following -
Driver side JL Stealthbox with sub JL 10TW1-2 - $650 without sub $450
JL 10TW1-2 and custom adapter ring to fit in stock Alpine box - $300
Will sell the ring by itself for $100
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ub-with-aftermarket-using-same-housing.54580/
Rockford Fosgate TM750X1BM (marine rated) - $300
will sell the whole setup for $1,200
Wish I had seen this 9 months ago...

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And since then, Quart has two sub options for us, one is a drop in that replaces the factory sub and and enclosure with a 12" that mounts to the inside of the tailgate.
Sponsored