Jeepman61

Jeepman61

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2021 Wrangler Rubicon
All the numbers are superseding this number also the seller on eBay listed this number 68472587
and it definitely fit and worked just fine with navigation, satellite and apps and all other functions.No we don't have nor ever had the following in this Rubicon, guardian, or wifi hotspot.
Everything else works, we paid 750 used for it. Every jeep parts on line seller told us 6 weeks ago that they are on national back order, that was the reason for buying used. But it works just like a new one.
Sponsored

Steel8083

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon
Got Me curious so I took a look, the 2 pricier ones said right hand drive

Clutch

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Upgraded my 7" unit to an 8.4 in January, and I'm having a few issues.

I've got a 2020 JL Sport -S.

Last December, just before I went the Infotainment upgrade route, I tried to buy one from my dealership (having been unsuccessful in the past). This time, the parts department guy was finally able to order me one, after Chrysler Canada told them NO a couple of times (my JL is 'incompatible' due to the model not being able to be ordered with one from the factory).

The dealership got the unit, and installed it for me. Once operational, several problems appeared:

• the SiriusXM satellite radio no longer works (even though I have a subscription from the 7" unit)
• NAV doesn't work
• the uConnect talk button only actives Siri when my phone is plugged in (doesn't activate uConnect features when no phone is connected)

To try and solve the SiriusXM issue (and NAV issue by extension), they ordered me the NAV antenna, and installed it under warranty (they are an outstanding service dept.)

This did NOT fix the issue; and every time they try to resolve it, the unit feeds them the error: INCOMPATABLE RADIO

Part number: CNSC8AUOFX
Software version: 21.32.14

I would be very grateful to all of you for any assistance.

Many thanks.

N.

8.4 uConnect pic 01.jpg

8.4 uConnect pic 02.jpg

OP
OP
Jeepman61

Jeepman61

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like a bad install or wrong flash to me. I bought a used circa 2021 8.4 radio for the wife's 7 inch radio and when I 1st reconnected the battety cable after install it was just a basic radio,no sirius,no nav. But overnight the bcm and the radio had a conversation and in the morning it worked just fine, I had to call sirius to transfer the subscription info though but other than that no troubles. The jeep did have the sat antenna though and it needs that to pick up the info. Siri works with Bluetooth just like it should. I have a 2020 gladiator bought new with the 8.4 so I could compare. The only thing this jeep conversion does not have that the gladiator did is the hotspot and the emergency services.

Sponsored

SaintedDrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2019
I bought a used one off ebay that had been reset before removing, mopar # 68429173AB , disconnected battery cable before starting, when repowered up after install only had amfm and basic functions. No satellite or navigation but let it sit overnight and the next morning it had all the functions that a 8.4 has that is related to our JL,we already had satellite so no antenna was needed. Everything works as it should. Just make sure the seller resets it before removing and it will work just fine.
Had to call sirius and explain to them that we had replaced the 7 inch with a 8.4 and they were confused at 1st but they resent the signal to the new radio and everything works. Our JL was a 2021 and thankfully the replacement radio had a 2021 build date so we are up to date on the software. I understand if you want the cellular function you will have to add the 2nd antenna and this will also allow you to receive updates and that is in our future plans.
I just did this myself and all seems well, were you able to get celluar functions working? If so, what did you need for that?

I also noticed the new radio has somthing called travel link from XM. Did you activate that when you talked with XM?

OP
OP
Jeepman61

Jeepman61

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just did this myself and all seems well, were you able to get celluar functions working? If so, what did you need for that?

I also noticed the new radio has somthing called travel link from XM. Did you activate that when you talked with XM?
Travel link cost extra, I did not want that. The cellular functions work via Bluetooth to let you make and receive calls and text but I did not set up the hotspot function.

SaintedDrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2019
Travel link cost extra, I did not want that. The cellular functions work via Bluetooth to let you make and receive calls and text but I did not set up the hotspot function.
I tried turning on the hotspot to see what it would do. I can actually connect to it but then it gets kicked off. Appears to be try to connect to AT&T. Not sure how far I want to proceed with that. I suspect I probably need to get an actually antenna for it.

I have yet to pair my phone as a Bluetooth device. I just have been using CarPlay.

I actually use regular Sirius XM and was curious what the Travel Link was.

OP
OP
Jeepman61

Jeepman61

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In order to use the hotspot you will have to have the cellular antenna.
The travel link is a subscription service thru sirius xm.
You don't use the internal navigation ?
One of the reasons to upgrade is the built in navigation and not relying on a cell phone signal for the navigation.

Sponsored

SaintedDrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2019
In order to use the hotspot you will have to have the cellular antenna.
The travel link is a subscription service thru sirius xm.
You don't use the internal navigation ?
One of the reasons to upgrade is the built in navigation and not relying on a cell phone signal for the navigation.
I've used the navigation when needed. I also like the off road pages.

efreyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Anyone have any luck with getting the wifi to work? I upgraded from the 7 to 8.4 and added the cellular antenna and cable. I was able to get the wifi to work for a trial period, but when I tried to extend it ATT could not find my radio in the system. Since the radio is tied to the VIN and my Jeep came with the 7" it does not pick up the new radio. The 8.4" radio I purchased was new from a dealer and hence not tied to any VIN.

Clutch

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Hi Frey. I haven't even gotten that far. I have no WiFi, so Nav, and no Sirius, even though I have the GPS Nav attenna installed. I suspect Mopar Canada refused to program the unit for my VIN, because my model doesn't have the 8.4 as an option. I suspect they simply sent the dealership the unit and said "Good Luck". Will let you know as this is an ongoing issue for me.

itsooh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW335i, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I am about to upgrade to 8.4" in couple weeks and wondeirng if i need to get an antenna and cable for hot spot function for this upgrade.
It seems like no one has luck on hotpsot function?
Sponsored