Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Agree, I've looked everywhere. I had a side window blow out on the highway. It got run over and broke the plastic piece that has the 4 Torx screws in it. I wish I could find just the new plastic retainer piece.
That’s what happened to me. That’s why I zip tie them in. See earlier pic. If you don’t get the corner around the tub, that’s what happens. She has the trek top ultra on hers and the quarter windows have a strap that snaps into the tailgate bar retainer and that’s where I got the idea for the zip ties.
Sponsored

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
Yeah, I ordered one last May after my windows blew out on the thruway. One got run over and my service manager got it replaced under warranty. Now I zip tie the bottom of the support pillar to the tailgate bar retainer. I carry a bag of them and a pair of scissors to cut them out when I drop the soft top.
Were you driving in sunrider mode or did it just like...fly away?
That's a terrifying thought if so

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Were you driving in sunrider mode or did it just like...fly away?
That's a terrifying thought if so
I had just swapped from the hardtop and was getting on the thruway and they popped off. Pretty sure that I had not properly secured the windows to the tub corners. You can secure the window to the tub with the long part of the tub without tucking the corner

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
I had just swapped from the hardtop and was getting on the thruway and they popped off. Pretty sure that I had not properly secured the windows to the tub corners. You can secure the window to the tub with the long part of the tub without tucking the corner
I'm gonna have to be very attentive the first time I go through with this.
Or invest in some zip ties as well!

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm gonna have to be very attentive the first time I go through with this.
Or invest in some zip ties as well!
Yeah. Without the zipper to hold the window in, if that corner towards the tailgate let’s go, the window is coming out. Also I never go fold it back halfway (sunrider). Too easy to put down and put up.

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
I don't need them now, but in the future I probably will and glad you guys have these to offer.
Same for me. Thanks Bestop!

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
@Bestop So you never answered my question. I can buy the windows and use my current plastic retainers with yours? I would assume since you are manufacturing JL parts, you would know whether or not it would work with the 23 JL rubi's.

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure that’s not available on its own from the parts department.
Also, found these stickers on my Plastic Stiffeners.

3905640 WINDL
3906370 WINDR

Pretty sure that's a part number.

Also, I was interested in the windows because like an idiot I wanted to get some of the minor little scratches out that the driver must have done when it was delivered. So, I tried to buff them out with a polish and yeah, we know how it went from there. Some people were curious why I was asking about replacements already on a 23 Rubi.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Also, found these stickers on my Plastic Stiffeners.

3905640 WINDL
3906370 WINDR

Pretty sure that's a part number.

Also, I was interested in the windows because like an idiot I wanted to get some of the minor little scratches out that the driver must have done when it was delivered. So, I tried to buff them out with a polish and yeah, we know how it went from there. Some people were curious why I was asking about replacements already on a 23 Rubi.
I have an ‘18. What are these stiffeners you guys are talking about? Can you post a picture?

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
I have an ‘18. What are these stiffeners you guys are talking about? Can you post a picture?
Its the part with 4 Screws that "holds" the quarter windows in place and keeps it rigid. I took these two pictures for you.

Jeep Wrangler JL Replacement OE Soft Top Windows are here from Bestop!! Capture2.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Replacement OE Soft Top Windows are here from Bestop!! Capture.JPG

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Its the part with 4 Screws that "holds" the quarter windows in place and keeps it rigid. I took these two pictures for you.

Jeep Wrangler JL Replacement OE Soft Top Windows are here from Bestop!! Capture.JPG

Ah ha. Thanks!

Seems odd that replacements would come without those.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Seems odd that replacements would come without those.
Agreed, doubly so if the purchaser requires replacements because his original(s) went walkabout, with damage or without recovery.

While the new, piecemeal components aren't a one-stop solution, at least they are now easily available.

-----------

@jromanmd
With the proper materials and technique, you shouldn't suffer any additional damage when attending to vinyl window maintenance.

For everyday polishing of freshly cleaned windows, I use and recommend Plexus. For those scratches and swirls that are more evident and thus more stubborn, the Novus kit (which I've used since 1995) is well-regarded for purpose. Apply either product as directed on the packaging.

When cleaning the windows beforehand, never use a dry cloth. A warm soapy sponge is the order of the day, after first pre-wetting the windows. Light wipes from a cotton towel to dry them.

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
@Heimkehr What's interesting is I tried that kit and followed the Quadratec instructions on polishing here. It literally left huge swirl marks that I think will be impossible to remove.

I have the Novus Heavy and Light kit. How do you recommend applying? By hand? I used the drill as shown in the video and that's where I think things went South...
Sponsored